2017 Gold Cup aka Copa Oro

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
Martinique deserve some credit. Punching above their weight for the second straight game. The whole thing is a bit laughable tho.
Not at all they have been woeful. Make no mistake about this, it's 3-2 because the US have been awful.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Martinique deserve some credit. Punching above their weight for the second straight game. The whole thing is a bit laughable tho.
Nah, only Parsemain and Langil deserve that credit. The rest have gotten away with the fact that the U.S. have been crap.

MarchingOn

The fecking state of this. Take a look at NBC Sports Soccer twitter account celebrating.

They have... wait for it.... 1/1000 of our population!

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
So, Americans, I know you guys are disappointed, but at least it's 3 points, and you have enough goals to be at the top of the group. The game against Nicaragua should be a formality since they're knocked out, anyways.

Rolandofgilead

Scout
Supports
Weymouth
:lol: Its true. But at least Martinique havent mailed it in. Erased two goals against a better team. And they entertained me, albeit on the higher end of the shit spectrum.
Yeah i know what you mean, it was a game of really poor quality, but it was really entertaining at the same time.

MarchingOn

So, Americans, I know you guys are disappointed, but at least it's 3 points, and you have enough goals to be at the top of the group. The game against Nicaragua should be a formality since they're knocked out, anyways.
Not even about that to me. It's the Gold Cup and we're playing reserves.

The losing mentality and lack of expectation that surrounds US Soccer and the media that cover will hold us back forever.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Oh man, I just saw that "ES" logo on the El Salvador kit. I thought that Honduras' big "H" looked bad enough, but that looks ridiculous.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Curacao are way too elaborate in their build-up at times, but whenever their passes and attacks string up, they're so good to watch!

Rolandofgilead

Scout
Supports
Weymouth
Exactly. Curacao are too naive both offensively and defensively. El Salvador seem to be playing a simpler game and are taking advantage of Curacao's mistakes.
I can see a Curacao goal in this though, they play some decent stuff they just need to up the tempo in the final third.