2020/2021 Is going to be a rocky year for United.

USREDEVIL

This isn't a simple reaction to our spanking by Tottenham. I actually think that's a one-off game that we could have won if not for that bad red card no-call on Lamela. So put that aside regarding the scoreline.

Terrible defending. Maguire isn't as bad as he's looked recently but the centerback pairing is not nearly good enough.
Coaching looks either non-existent or poor quality as we're repeatedly played off the pitch. Sometimes we win on individual talent, through pass and a striker scoring, but otherwise, we usually look the weaker side against most teams.
Our strikers/wingers are very streaky, even more than most strikers, and we have no real options. Ighalo is a reserve player, not a go to sub.
Team chemistry might be a serious issue going forward this year. Rumours coming up that Bruno is having a go at Maguire (good on him). This will only get worse as the year goes on because Bruno and VDB are used to winning and we are very inconsistent.
We have failed miserably in the transfer market. Aside from maybe Telles, we've not upgraded our starting 11. We were lucky to go on a streak the last part of last year. Doubt we will get lucky like that again. Good chance we will not make top 4 as our rivals have upgraded, some heavily like Chelsea. But even Arsenal and Tottenham are looking much better. I think we're headed for 6th.

Yes another moaning thread.

Last edited:

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
This isn't a simple reaction to our spanking by Tottenham. I actually think that's a one-off game that we could have won if not for that bad red card no-call on Lamela. So put that aside regarding the scoreline.

Terrible defending. Maguire isn't as bad as he's looked recently but the centerback pairing is not nearly good enough.
Coaching looks either non-existent or poor quality as we're repeatedly played off the pitch. Sometimes we win on individual talent, through pass and a striker scoring, but otherwise, we usually look the weaker side against most teams.
Our strikers/wingers are very streaky, even more than most strikers, and we have no real options. Ighalo is a reserve player, not a go to sub.
Team chemistry might be a serious issue going forward this year. Rumours coming up that Bruno is having a go at Maguire (good on him). This will only get worse as the year goes on because Bruno and VDB are used to winning and we are very inconsistent.
We have failed miserably in the transfer market. Aside from maybe Telles, we've not upgraded our starting 11. We were lucky to go on a streak the last part of last year. Doubt we will get lucky like that again. Good chance we will not make top 4 as our rivals have upgraded, some heavily like Chelsea. But even Arsenal are looking much better. I think we're headed for 6th.

Yes another moaning thread.
So back to Lindelof instead of Bailly then? United had a solid defensive record last season.

GazTheLegend

The hot takes on redcafe are starting to implode my mind. Knee jerk is knee jerk is knee jerk.