2023 NFL Losers Pool [Also known as Survivor/Eliminator..] | Winner: Samid

Sandyman

@Sandyman your rule about no pick after Sunday makes zero sense whatsoever. There's zero advantage to be gained.
Be that as it may, the rules were posted at the start of the game. And changing them now to allow you a pick will be unfair to the others who have abided by them.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Be that as it may, the rules were posted at the start of the game. And changing them now to allow you a pick will be unfair to the others who have abided by them.
Who else was eliminated due to a rule that makes zero sense?

Sandyman

Explain the reasoning behind the rule?
There are lot of games on Sunday. Some at 4 PM, some at 4:05 PM, some at 4:25 PM and then at 8:25 or 8:30 PM. I don't want to trawl through the thread and check if some pick was made few minutes before a later kick off. And then have someone claim it was before. Making the first game on Sunday the deadline is very clear and avoids any issues later on.

altodevil

There are lot of games on Sunday. Some at 4 PM, some at 4:05 PM, some at 4:25 PM and then at 8:25 or 8:30 PM. I don't want to trawl through the thread and check if some pick was made few minutes before a later kick off. And then have someone claim it was before. Making the first game on Sunday the deadline is very clear and avoids any issues later on.
So you'd agree that my pick, made 20 hours before the game, wasn't unfair to any other participant? I appreciate these things can get messy, but there wasn't loads of entrants and everyone has operated on good faith. Just seems a bit weird to be put out on this basis.

Sandyman

So you'd agree that my pick, made 20 hours before the game, wasn't unfair to any other participant? I appreciate these things can get messy, but there wasn't loads of entrants and everyone has operated on good faith. Just seems a bit weird to be put out on this basis.
The only think weird is you failing to grasp that you missed the deadline so you are out. Your pick, made hours after the deadline is unfair to everyone who has played for the past 6 weeks and followed the rules.

Three others were knocked out in previous weeks for not making a pick. What if they realized after the deadline that they forgot to pick but since the rules were clear, they left it at that. Because that's how these games work.

altodevil

The only think weird is you failing to grasp that you missed the deadline so you are out. Your pick, made hours after the deadline is unfair to everyone who has played for the past 6 weeks and followed the rules.

Three others were knocked out in previous weeks for not making a pick. What if they realized after the deadline that they forgot to pick but since the rules were clear, they left it at that. Because that's how these games work.
Please explain the bolded, when I picked a game that was still over 20 hours away from being played. If anything, failing to make a pick until there was one game left was harder not easier. Certainly no advantage, and hence it couldn't possibly be unfair to anyone. You aren't making any sense here?

Sandyman

Please explain the bolded, when I picked a game that was still over 20 hours away from being played. If anything, failing to make a pick until there was one game left was harder not easier. Certainly no advantage, and hence it couldn't possibly be unfair to anyone. You aren't making any sense here?
I am explaining but you don't seem to be interested in listening. You are arguing about why picking a Monday game even on Monday itself should be okay. That doesn't matter here because in this game, the deadline is first game of Sunday. For six weeks, everyone has played by those rules. And now just because you forgot to pick, I can't change the rules and allow your pick.

Your pick could have been made any number of hours before that game and it still would not count if it was after the deadline.

The only point that matters is that there was a deadline and you missed it. So, you're out.

altodevil

I am explaining but you don't seem to be interested in listening. You are arguing about why picking a Monday game even on Monday itself should be okay. That doesn't matter here because in this game, the deadline is first game of Sunday. For six weeks, everyone has played by those rules. And now just because you forgot to pick, I can't change the rules and allow your pick.

Your pick could have been made any number of hours before that game and it still would not count if it was after the deadline.

The only point that matters is that there was a deadline and you missed it. So, you're out.
I am asking why it is a rule in the first place, because it makes no sense. Any reasonable/sane person would acknowledge this and change it, because no advantage was gained. This isn't some official game where rules need to remain fixed, there's no money at stake here.

Sandyman

I am asking why it is a rule in the first place, because it makes no sense. Any reasonable/sane person would acknowledge this and change it, because no advantage was gained. This isn't some official game where rules need to remain fixed, there's no money at stake here.
:lol:

Look alto, we are just going around in circles. There was a deadline, and you missed it. So, you're out. Am not going to comment further about this.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Congrats @Samid! Shameful display from those of us who actually watch a bit of the NFL, though I suspect most of us are relying on the same mix of betting odds and dumb luck. :lol:

Commiserations alto for not being able to stop the steal.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Congrats @Samid! Shameful display from those of us who actually watch a bit of the NFL, though I suspect most of us are relying on the same mix of betting odds and dumb luck. :lol:

Commiserations alto for not being able to stop the steal.
:lol: Cheers. To celebrate I might actually watch Super Bowl highlights this season if I can be arsed.

Sandyman

And @Samid has won it!!

Just proves this is all about being lucky with your picks. Well, that and not missing the deadline :D