• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Michaelf7777777

(∪。∪)。。。zzz
Edgar Allan Pillow:

Sjor Bepo:

Edgar Allan Pillow Tactics:

Inspired by Grande Inter.

Frantisek Planicka, one of the greatest goalkeepers of his generation, and of all time, in 1999, the IFFHS elected him the best Czech goalkeeper – as well as the sixth best in Europe and the ninth best overall – of the twentieth century.

Bixente Lizarazu is a one man flank and will provide offensive width in addition to his usual defensive solidity. Sinisa Mihajlovic is a versatile player who has played both at left back and as CB/Sweeper. A solid left footed player, he has a no fancy defend only role and cover for Lizarazu. Giuseppe Bergomi & Fabio Cannavaro need no introduction. World class players.

Casemiro is the defensive anchor. Not just on his technique and defensive nous, he's good at starting attacks from the back too. Igor Netto will play the B2B role with his trademark incisive runs and ability to play-make from the deep.

Baggio is the trequartista bring the attack together and he is supported by a classical winger in Donadoni and a lightning fast left forward in Sosa. Vieri a solid physical CF able to stretch play, hold opposition CBs, score himself and create for others.

Sjor Bepo Tactics:

Vintage Sjorbanovsky - high line, high press, high intensitity

As someone who is a big believer in high press and pitch dominance, comfortably ahead of individual quality of players as IMO system beats individual quality any day of the week. To go back to my point, think the game would be fairly easy won as Edgars team would struggle to hold the ball, if there was ever a team that would struggle against high press its this one with old school keeper, centerbacks that are not good under pressure, Bergomi who is average on the ball for a fullback, Casemiro who was almost pushed into n10 spot while teams pressed so Kroos and Modric could play it from the back etc.

and their are against an elite pressing machine IMO as every player in the team is suited to a high line and high press and not only that they are suited, they are immense at it.
Even the old school keeper in Beara is well knows for his proactive tendencies which you can clearly see in the only full game we have from him as it backs the written evidence which often isnt the case.

Very quick off the line, willing to play it from the back either with passing or quick throws.

Yaya Toure experiment

Even before the draft started i was thinking of using Yaya as a CB in a draft so here we go! Genuinely think that his stature in world of football or to be precise on all time level would be if he spent majority of his career there rather then sporadic performances early on. Dont get me wrong, Yaya was a beast and insanely good player but he had his weaknesses(switching off in games for large parts then turning into a GOAT for 15-20 minutes, struggled a bit against elite press) and IMO those weaknesses would be erased if he played as a CB because he had all other tools to be a great defender, specially the modern one.
Ideal chance to introduce him against EAP as Bobo is pretty much ideal opponent for him and for my high line.

Last edited:

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
Yaya as CB is interesting. Do agree that high line possession is one of the few setup's I'd think would suit him in that role. Still, it feels a bit stopgap.

Don't know much about Jusufi, but I very doubt that a 1939 player has the physical skills or tactical expertise to operate in a high line offside trap tactic. He does seem a far cry from the likes of Alves or TAA who thrived in those roles stylistically.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
Don't know much about Jusufi, but I very doubt that a 1939 player has the physical skills or tactical expertise to operate in a high line offside trap tactic. He does seem a far cry from the likes of Alves or TAA who thrived in those roles stylistically.
would you question Pele because he played in 60s? Jusufi was seen as a World Class fullback for most of the 60s, think he featured in multiple Best XI of the World as well as being successful on both club and international scene.

He isnt Cafu or a Zanetti but is more then good enough for this level, more of a offensive player but thats also why he has Valverde on his side for extra protection. Could have easilly went Zmuda again and put Yaya in a more offensive midfield role to have a much more impressive team name wise.

Himannv

Just about went with Sjor due to the tactical aspect. To debate Sjor's point, I think Bergomi and Cannavaro are ok-to-good on the ball and Netto will probably drop deeper and get on the ball more, but yeah, the high press will give EAP's team some trouble I think.

Šjor Bepo

Just about went with Sjor due to the tactical aspect. To debate Sjor's point, I think Bergomi and Cannavaro are ok-to-good on the ball and Netto will probably drop deeper and get on the ball more, but yeah, the high press will give EAP's team some trouble I think.
they were ok in era where they played with no press, i remember cannavarro specially strugling with individual bursts of pressing lwt alone team one.

bergomi was okay but as a fullback compare him with zanetti, lahm etc. and the difference is huge.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
My favourite R1 teams, which is a bit strange, as I didn't vote for them first time around.

Narrowly giving this to Sjor, fully agree with @Himannv's post. Plus, this being really close, Müller is the personified tie-breaker. Him in an organised pressing team & partnered by Elkjaer is just too good.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
I'm a bit surprised. It's like tactics is all important without considering player suitability.

Yaya at CB only has a handful of games and he really isn't fast enough to track back a lightning quick Sosa.

A pre TV FB who shine in a defensive setups is shoehorned in now. Sjor has made his dislike of black and white players in all previous games, yet, he suddenly becomes suitable for a ultra aggressive modern tactics. I mean even star CB like Rio suffered greatly when forced into high line tactics, far less this backline.

That midfield is perfectly suited for a counter attacking style, not a possession game. The players are as far stylistically as I can see their modern equivalents.

Esp surprising when multiple current teams suffers because they don't have the players to make a tactic work. Other than that attacking duo and VVD, I don't think anyone else is suitable for a high press possession gameplay.

Šjor Bepo

A pre TV FB who shine in a defensive setups is shoehorned in now. Sjor has made his dislike of black and white players in all previous games, yet, he suddenly becomes suitable for a ultra aggressive modern tactics. I mean even star CB like Rio suffered greatly when forced into high line tactics, far less this backline.
1) where did i dislike "black and white" players? never once let alone multiple ones.

2) in what defensive setups did Jusufi shine? in one paragraph you made two things up

3) when did Rio suffer in a high line, when did he even play in a high line?

That midfield is perfectly suited for a counter attacking style, not a possession game. The players are as far stylistically as I can see their modern equivalents.

Esp surprising when multiple current teams suffers because they don't have the players to make a tactic work. Other than that attacking duo and VVD, I don't think anyone else is suitable for a high press possession gameplay.
To not accuse you for no reason, can anyone say if Lobanovsky style of play is what you would called possession based? @harms

or maybe i said something in here about possession, if saw do please quote edgar

Šjor Bepo

so edgar throwing shit and hoping it sticks