2024 U.S. Elections

SinNombre

Biden unless he has a major health deterioration will win against Trump quite easily if the elections happened right now.

Biden is not Hillary and doesn’t evoke the strong negative reactions yet and is still seen as a safe choice by most. What are you going to attack his administration on?

Obviously a lot can change in 21 months.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
That’s what pundits said about 2022. It will never become irrelevant to those it negatively affects. It’s much larger an issue than just Roe being overturned.
Not true. 2022 was predicted to be a red wave. It didn't materialize and one aspect of it was due to the judgement, which was fresh in people's minds. Won't be a factor in 2024.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Biden unless he has a major health deterioration will win against Trump quite easily if the elections happened right now.

Biden is not Hillary and doesn’t evoke the strong negative reactions yet and is still seen as a safe choice by most. What are you going to attack his administration on?

Obviously a lot can change in 21 months.
He would however have a lot of problems against DeSantis - who is younger and on the rise.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Not true. 2022 was predicted to be a red wave. It didn't materialize and one aspect of it was due to the judgement, which was fresh in people's minds. Won't be a factor in 2024.
This is wrong, and it is wrong because things did not ended with the court case. Every week a new law/bill is in the news to slash reproductive choice and women’s rights. Just this week South Carolina proposed making an abortion a death penalty crime. This will not die, and it will be the GOP that keeps it alive.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Aside from the stupid idea, that presentation is hideous and periods are not required at the end of bullet statements. Fecking amateurs.

Agenda 47 sounds like a song RATM would have come up with.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
He would however have a lot of problems against DeSantis - who is younger and on the rise.
This is what’s so difficult about knowing what to hope for. I never thought I’d want trump to have another tilt at the presidency, but it might just be the best chance Biden has of securing a second term.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Aside from the stupid idea, that presentation is hideous and periods are not required at the end of bullet statements. Fecking amateurs.
Some say that they are ok but if you use them it needs to be consistent. Yet it's conspicuously absent from the last one. Amateurs is right.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
Taking aside all the crazy cultural war stuff, it's unbelievably moronic for him to be touting neo-mercantilism still as an economic platform. I get that appeals to the MAGA working class but he's never going to rewin the suburbs that way.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
This is what’s so difficult about knowing what to hope for. I never thought I’d want trump to have another tilt at the presidency, but it might just be the best chance Biden has of securing a second term.
The ideal scenario for Dems would be for Trump to continue to suppres and damage DeSantis until such time as Trump is indicted, at which point neither he or DeSantis will be viable anymore

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
There is no way, short of being in prison, Trump is not the nominee. He will decimate DeSantis if they have a debate as Ronny boy was a week bag of shit to begin with and now has gone full fascist and never allows unvetted reporters to ask questions. My bet is that the GOP finds (or try’s to find) some way to keep them off the stage.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Now, i know CPAC isn't exactly representative for the entire base, but it seems that Kari Lake is who at least won the CPAC poll for who should be Trump's VP pick, that says a lot about this group of people.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campai...c-vice-president-poll-topping-desantis-haley/

Other than the sheer lunacy of such a ticket, its hard to believe Trump/Lake could be a winning ticket in 2024 for the general.

RedDevilQuebecois

Now, i know CPAC isn't exactly representative for the entire base, but it seems that Kari Lake is who at least won the CPAC poll for who should be Trump's VP pick, that says a lot about this group of people.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campai...c-vice-president-poll-topping-desantis-haley/

Other than the sheer lunacy of such a ticket, its hard to believe Trump/Lake could be a winning ticket in 2024 for the general.
That would normally set things up for the biggest failure in the history of presidential elections. Unfortunately, I have seen too many close calls because of people going for party over basic decency.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
In case anyone was curious why this woman has been lying nonstop since she lost - it was to curry favor with the mango Mussolini to be his VP.

Revan

Assumptionman
The ideal scenario for Dems would be for Trump to continue to suppres and damage DeSantis until such time as Trump is indicted, at which point neither he or DeSantis will be viable anymore
Trump is not getting indicted though. Why are people convincing themselves that this is going to happen?

I think Trump wins the nomination and it is a 50-50 between him and Biden for the president. I would have had DeSantis as a massive favorite against Biden.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Trump is not getting indicted though. Why are people convincing themselves that this is going to happen?

I think Trump wins the nomination and it is a 50-50 between him and Biden for the president. I would have had DeSantis as a massive favorite against Biden.
Polling right now shows DeSantis as roughly the same as Trump head to head v. Biden.

Georgia will indict him as will Smith re: obstruction re: classified documents.

Revan

Assumptionman
Polling right now shows DeSantis as roughly the same as Trump head to head v. Biden.

Georgia will indict him as will Smith re: obstruction re: classified documents.
I think that chances of him getting indicted for classified documents is non existent after classified documents were found in Biden’s house. I know that the situations are very different, hut for half of the population they look the same and it will look like government stopping Trump for running.

I think best chance of Trump getting remover forever from politics was after his second impeachment but McConnell chickened out and that decision will haunt Republicans.

With regards to polling I think it is a bit too early to take them seriously.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I think that chances of him getting indicted for classified documents is non existent after classified documents were found in Biden’s house. I know that the situations are very different, hut for half of the population they look the same and it will look like government stopping Trump for running.

I think best chance of Trump getting remover forever from politics was after his second impeachment but McConnell chickened out and that decision will haunt Republicans.

With regards to polling I think it is a bit too early to take them seriously.
Biden didn't obstruct & its not half the country that supports Trump.

Between the two I listed, Georgia is a stronger case.

Desantis, while being potentially problematic due to his views, simply would never be a 'massive' favorite over Biden save for some unforeseen national calamity. I too thought DeSantis would have been pretty untouchable if he got in the race, but just don't see it now for a couple of reasons.

Revan

Assumptionman
Biden didn't obstruct & its not half the country that supports Trump.

Between the two I listed, Georgia is a stronger case.

Desantis, while being potentially problematic due to his views, simply would never be a 'massive' favorite over Biden save for some unforeseen national calamity. I too thought DeSantis would have been pretty untouchable if he got in the race, but just don't see it now for a couple of reasons.
To be fair, I never understood why people like Desantis cause he looks to me one of the least charismatic politicians ever. But it seems that many independents who wouldn't vote Trump do not have many problems with Desantis. So I would expect him to beat Biden.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
To be fair, I never understood why people like Desantis cause he looks to me one of the least charismatic politicians ever. But it seems that many independents who wouldn't vote Trump do not have many problems with Desantis. So I would expect him to beat Biden.
He is totally uncharismatic which was put on broadcast after his horrible debate v. Crist. Trump would eat him alive if they debated one on one. Trump would no doubt blast him on DeSantis' penchant for wearing high heels.

For me, it is more the policies that he enacted & his constant waging culture wars which is why he is popular than the man himself. He did give a good speech at the event opposite CPAC, full of criticisms of the woke virus hive mind, etc.

It'll definitely be interesting come April.

Last edited:

Revan

Assumptionman
He is totally uncharismatic which was put on broadcast after his horrible debate v. Crist. Trump would eat him alive if they debated one on one. Trump would no doubt blast him on DeSantis' penchant for wearing high heels.

For me, it is more the policies that he enacted & his constant waging culture wars which is why he is popular than the man himself. He did give a good speech at the event opposite CPAC, full of criticisms of the woke virus hive mind, etc.

It'll definitely be interesting come April.
Even his policies are nothing special, the generic policies of MAGA-crowd. Abortion bad, trans bad, immigrants bad, guns good, Jesus good.

He is essentially Trump but with low energy.

Raoul

Admin
Staff

Good chance the GA case is headed in that direction

WPMUFC

“In 2016, I declared: I am your voice,” he said, speaking for just over 100 minutes from a bright blue and red stage in a cavernous ballroom at the closing speech of the CPAC event in Maryland. “Today, I add: I am your warrior. I am your justice. And for those who have been wronged and betrayed: I am your retribution,” he said.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...-at-cpac-as-he-relaunches-bid-for-white-house

why on earth is anyone focusing on the baby bonus comments when this was the real "holy feck he's a fascist" moment.