21-22 Valencia Player of the Year prediction thread

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Previous threads:

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/20-21-valencia-player-of-the-year-thread.457395/

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/19-20-valencia-player-of-the-year-prediction-thread.448837/

You can read the OPs of those threads for more details but the gist of it is:

“Which unlikely player will prove themselves to fans this season?”

My prediction this year is Aaron Wan Bissaka.

I think with a technical combination player ahead of him in Sancho and a quick and comfortable on the ball centre back inside of him we are going to see a different animal going forward. I think he’s going to link up and overlap Sancho and be a revelation. Unrecognisable from the clumsy player who got caught down blind alleys more often than not in previous seasons.

slored1

Anthony Martial (does that count?).
If not then Donny van de Beek.

Felt that Donny looked better through the end of the season and will stand out in a potential 4-3-3. Martial had an underwhelming season last year and will get 20-25 goals in all comps.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Anthony Martial (does that count?).
If not then Donny van de Beek.

Felt that Donny looked better through the end of the season and will stand out in a potential 4-3-3. Martial had an underwhelming season last year and will get 20-25 goals in all comps.
Two very valid choices for this thread. I’m writing off both of them for starters.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
I am going to go for Fred.

Playing in a system that suits him with a new partner that compliments him and being allowed to focus on his his strengths, I think he will be the man in big games and make the haters eat their words!

Chief123

Previous threads:

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/20-21-valencia-player-of-the-year-thread.457395/

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/19-20-valencia-player-of-the-year-prediction-thread.448837/

You can read the OPs of those threads for more details but the gist of it is:

“Which unlikely player will prove themselves to fans this season?”

My prediction this year is Aaron Wan Bissaka.

I think with a technical combination player ahead of him in Sancho and a quick and comfortable on the ball centre back inside of him we are going to see a different animal going forward. I think he’s going to link up and overlap Sancho and be a revelation. Unrecognisable from the clumsy player who got caught down blind alleys more often than not in previous seasons.
Not a bad shout to be fair. I think AWB will be able to focus on what he does best which is lock up the back door and not let anything through.

Personally, I think Sancho will be our player of the season and that will be massively contributed by the fact AWB will give him the licence to go and do what he wants in attack.

Nicolarra90

Harry Maguire will lead us to the title with his head with 5 - 10 PL goals and prove the doubters wrong.

Will earn a place alongside the great captains of the club.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
AWB is the most plausible shout I reckon. Think he and Sancho could be quite the combo.

Red Star One

Think AWB is a bit of an easy shot - with our right flank and central defense improved he’s quite expected to show more and impress us. Even if there’s some that don’t rate him I’d be surprised to see him having a bad season. My vote goes for VDB

3vra

I hope Rashford would have a good season but I am not convinced he is gonna be a starter when he comes back.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Wan-Bissaka.
But honestly, those disliking him are already in the wrong in my opinion.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
I hope Rashford would have a good season but I am not convinced he is gonna be a starter when he comes back.
21 goals and 15 assists good?

Siorac

I was really confused as to why we want to have a thread for Valencia CF's player of the year. Thought it was some odd Caf tradition that I somehow wasn't aware of.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Harry Maguire will lead us to the title with his head with 5 - 10 PL goals and prove the doubters wrong.

Will earn a place alongside the great captains of the club.
Greenwood.

unlikely
/ʌnˈlʌɪkli/

adjective
  1. not likely to happen, be done, or be true; improbable.
    "an unlikely explanation"

ROFLUTION

I am going to go for Fred.

Playing in a system that suits him with a new partner that compliments him and being allowed to focus on his his strengths, I think he will be the man in big games and make the haters eat their words!
What new partner is this? Have we signed anyone in midfield except Sancho?

paulscholes18

I was really confused as to why we want to have a thread for Valencia CF's player of the year. Thought it was some odd Caf tradition that I somehow wasn't aware of.
Same

I have my doubts regarding Varane so hopefully he can prove me wrong. Such as his reasoning for coming here, is he coming here because he wants to help us start winning trophies such as Keane and Cantona did or because we are the only team that want him and pay him what he wants such as ADM and Sanchez

The White Pele

I’m going for Dan James. Not because I really believe it but just because nobody’s said him yet and he fits the criteria

FatTails

unlikely
/ʌnˈlʌɪkli/

adjective
  1. not likely to happen, be done, or be true; improbable.
    "an unlikely explanation"
Thanks Pexbo. I thought unlikely means a comfy couch.

In the presence of Sancho, Cavani, Bruno, Varane, Maguire, Rashford, and Shawberto, I think Greenwood being POTY is unlikely but the extra competition, the way he ended last season, and the fact that he got a proper break this summer makes me think he might do it.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
James Garner. We'll buy one midfielder, lose Pogba, Ole will try out the 433 anyway, but we'll revert back to 4231 to fit Bruno better and Garner will impress next to our new midfielder.

But I'd love it even more for Mejbri to have a standout season.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Thanks Pexbo. I thought unlikely means a comfy couch.

In the presence of Sancho, Cavani, Bruno, Varane, Maguire, Rashford, and Shawberto, I think Greenwood being POTY is unlikely but the extra competition, the way he ended last season, and the fact that he got a proper break this summer makes me think he might do it.
We’re not discussing POTYs here. A wonder kid getting POTY isn’t for this thread. We’re talking about average players, players that are often bemoaned or space goats, finally kicking on and becoming universally appreciated.

FatTails

We’re not discussing POTYs here. A wonder kid getting POTY isn’t for this thread. We’re talking about average players, players that are often bemoaned or space goats, finally kicking on and becoming universally appreciated.
That limits it quite a bit.

Of the options on offer, maybe Fred.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
With PP's departure, I think Donny will have a resurgent season in midfield. I predict, 7 goals and 4 assists.