3-1 Loss to City at the Etihad | Win vs. Forest in the Cup | Ole Interview - United Hour Podcast

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Nik(@Rood) and Imran(@Annihilate Now!) discuss United's derby day defeat to Man City. They discuss Rashford's screamer, Bruno at False 9 and what wrong in the second half. They also give their reactions to Ole's recent interview on The Overlap, and briefly celebrate Untied's progression to the quarter finals of the FA Cup.

https://x.com/United_Hour/status/1765428652542394689?s=20

What are your thoughts?

Check out our Linktree for other listening links, social media, Patreon, podcast history etc https://linktr.ee/unitedhour

Hope you guys enjoyed the episode! Any questions or thoughts for next time?

Yorkeontop

meonbottom
Hopefully EtH can hang on, this isn't a good time to be looking for a new manager.

https://www.skysports.com/football/...manchester-united-stick-or-twist-with-manager

Liverpool, Bayern Munich and Barcelona are already in the market for a new manager, while there is growing feeling that Chelsea, Newcastle and AC Milan could enter that equation.

And it would be useful to have one less variable going forward with all the other changes taking place. Not that we can't drive and talk so to speak.

It wouldn't be cheap to fire him:

There are also mega costs to consider in firing and hiring a manager. Estimations of around £15m in compensation would be due to Ten Hag and his coaching staff if they were to be relieved of coaching duties at the end of the season.

There's still time to salvage something from this season and I hope he does because my Thomas Tuchel notion has been quashed by Tuchel's terrible soft skills as well.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Hopefully EtH can hang on, this isn't a good time to be looking for a new manager.

https://www.skysports.com/football/...manchester-united-stick-or-twist-with-manager

Liverpool, Bayern Munich and Barcelona are already in the market for a new manager, while there is growing feeling that Chelsea, Newcastle and AC Milan could enter that equation.

And it would be useful to have one less variable going forward with all the other changes taking place. Not that we can't drive and talk so to speak.

There are also mega costs to consider in firing and hiring a manager. Estimations of around £15m in compensation would be due to Ten Hag and his coaching staff if they were to be relieved of coaching duties at the end of the season.

There's still time to salvage something from this season and I hope he does because my Thomas Tuchel notion has been quashed by Tuchel's terrible soft skills as well.
As I said on the show, if the alternative is Potter then I'd rather stick with Ten Hag. Same goes for Southgate.

Amir

Since we're not about to hire Guardiola, Klopp or anyone with their pedigree, I'm more interested in having a manager who is the right cog in the machine. That might be Ten Haag, but we'll have to see the machine (DOF and other functions) built first in order to know.

I certainly agree regarding people talking too much about players downing tools. I've heard and read that so many times in the last ten years following United matches, but it's a rare thing. Regarding Ten Haag's signings, well, it's a little too early to put Onana in the 'OK' catergory. He almost single handedly caused our CL exit, and while he's been better in the league, I'd still expect a lot more when we go out and sign a new first choice keeper - and for so much money.

Lever

My heart says: revamp Old Trafford. Keep all the history and the memories.

My brain says: Build new. Faster, more cost effective and most likely a better end result.

Just as this thread; I am inconclusive.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Since we're not about to hire Guardiola, Klopp or anyone with their pedigree, I'm more interested in having a manager who is the right cog in the machine. That might be Ten Haag, but we'll have to see the machine (DOF and other functions) built first in order to know.

I certainly agree regarding people talking too much about players downing tools. I've heard and read that so many times in the last ten years following United matches, but it's a rare thing. Regarding Ten Haag's signings, well, it's a little too early to put Onana in the 'OK' catergory. He almost single handedly caused our CL exit, and while he's been better in the league, I'd still expect a lot more when we go out and sign a new first choice keeper - and for so much money.
Onana was clearly on the shitlist with Antony a few months ago, for me he's done enough to get an upgrade to the 'Jurys Out' list at least - had a good game Vs City for sure

Glad someone agrees on the ridiculous overuse of 'downed tools' nowadays - when it does actually happen the manager is usually gone pretty quickly so it's happened only a few times in the last decade and we certainly aren't there yet with ETH.

Amir

Onana was clearly on the shitlist with Antony a few months ago, for me he's done enough to get an upgrade to the 'Jurys Out' list at least - had a good game Vs City for sure
Yeah, I'm OK with that. He can still save himself.

peridigm

Out of the teams you listed, I’d say it‘s highly probable the one that lands Alonso will be the one that is not looking for a new manager in another year.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
When do you guys usually record this? @Rood @Annihilate Now!

I'd love to stream this on my Twitch channel 1 day if you're interested in having me on.
When we record varies but usually a day or two after our matches, depends when we next play too - more flexibility at the moment as mostly just 1 match a week

Not got round to recording post Everton yet because it was so boring!

I've never used Twitch so not sure how it works but happy to give it a try, drop me a PM