35 Years….

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Desperate for him to experience a league title as a fan.

Hope he never has to watch Liverpool match or god forbid overcome 20 times.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Thought this was going to be about how long City went without winning a trophy (1976 to 2011)

there used to be a counter in the Stretford End and a song which changed every season

Oranges038

Thank god there was no CAF between 1986 and 1990
Fergie got a banner. So i can't even imagine what it would have been like.

Moyes even got a plane. It was fairly bad.

For all the moaning about Ole all he has so far is a load of people on a forum posting Ole out every day. Where's his plane and banner?

Zen86

Thought this was going to be about how long City went without winning a trophy (1976 to 2011)

there used to be a counter in the Stretford End and a song which changed every season
A sad, sad day when that came to an end.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Some of irresponsible people connected with the club have painted him as not even half of what this great man is all about. He did have his early struggles but he is a winner, he's not only a winner but A SERIAL winner. He's not only about playing youth and stand by your manager. That's why I can never accept it when people start comparing manager X (especially those who haven't proven anything) to Fergie. It's pure nonsense, wishful thinking.

Thank you Sir Alex for being a manager, tactical coach (?), DoF, scout and owner of ManUnited during your time at the club.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
I'll definitely be a big Chelsea fanatic in this season's title race. @duffer can teach me some songs.
I got one for you. Goes like this.

Chelsea. Chelsea. Chelsea. Chelsea. Chelsea.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
…is what the banner will read in the Etihad in 31 years time.

wolvored

Yes remember that. Im surprised they havent had one put up at the Emptyhad about us.

NoLogo

For the biggest part of my life SAF had been the manager of Manchester United. He and his long reign are in large parts responsible for me even becoming a fan of Manchester United. I really loved the fact that Manchester United had a manager for such a long time and didn't fire him immediately after a couple of bad results, like it felt some other clubs would do.

VanHaal'sRedArmy

That '83 European Cup victory over Di Stefano's Real Madrid was incredible. Hope he's enjoying retirement - the old gaffer.

UtdAgain08

The greatest, one thing I'm happy about is he retired before social media reached the levels it has now. I don't think I could handle some YouTubers or someone on Twitter calling him a dinosaur.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies

Wasn't the banner in East Stand? I may be wrong.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Fergie got a banner. So i can't even imagine what it would have been like.

Moyes even got a plane. It was fairly bad.

For all the moaning about Ole all he has so far is a load of people on a forum posting Ole out every day. Where's his plane and banner?

At least there's a banner. Not sure anyone wants to take it on an airplane though

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Wasn't the banner in East Stand? I may be wrong.
No - it was above where the tunnel is now

Personally I think it should never have been taken down - a constant reminder of just how shit City were for decades !

dwd

Saturday Night Spies

Personally I think it should never have been taken down - a constant reminder of just how shit City were for decades !
Yeah, you're right, sorry. Weird I always thought it was the other side for some reason. I do miss it.

Needham

Few rose tinted glasses in this thread. Remember Rock of Gibraltar, the changing room assault on Beckham, banning the BBC, the insults toward Real Madrid, stopping Lee Sharpe's party, artificially inflating the length of matches, calling Clattenburg a cnut, forcing Ronaldo to stay another year against his will, and collecting wine during a recession. As much as he won a couple of trophies, he also dragged the club through years of shame.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Few rose tinted glasses in this thread. Remember Rock of Gibraltar, the changing room assault on Beckham, banning the BBC, the insults toward Real Madrid, stopping Lee Sharpe's party, artificially inflating the length of matches, calling Clattenburg a cnut, forcing Ronaldo to stay another year against his will, and collecting wine during a recession. As much as he won a couple of trophies, he also dragged the club through years of shame.
No white text here, I've checked.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
I assume this is just an awful attempt at humour or some kind of wind up?

Frank Grimes

Who's laughing now though. If we don't get our act together they'll have a countdown banner out. We're approaching 5 years without one.

Wilt

Ffs I’d forgotten about that bloody racehorse :lol:

Seem to remember, some story about a massive row over the horse‘s ownership between Fergie and Utd share holders Magnier and McManus.

It was big news at the time.

Last edited:

GregM40

Banning the BBC such a bad thing?

M Bison

Supports
York City
"assault" :lol:

Not familiar with the wine one, whats that?

The Sharpe party one was the one was the right decision if we're thinking of the same thing?

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
[
"assault" :lol:

Not familiar with the wine one, whats that?

The Sharpe party one was the one was the right decision if we're thinking of the same thing?
Everything on that list was the right decision apart from the horse fiasco perhaps

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Broke me seeing his face in the stand at the end of the recent Liverpool debacle. Even worse seeing KKKenny Dagleish grinning like Liverpool just won the treble.

Withnail

Ffs I’d forgotten about that bloody racehorse :lol:

Seem to remember, some story about a massive row over the horse‘s ownership between Fergie and Utd share holders Magnier and McManus.

It was big news at the time.
That bloody racehorse was how the Glazers got in.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
GOAT and will never be beaten for me. Yes of course since he comes from not far from me has a huge bearing on my bias :lol: but what a man. The documentary and his books were brilliant. Broke my heart seeing his face at the Liverpool game. As much as I obviously want United to win for myself, more than anything I want to see the club win the league while he is still around and see him celebrate as a fan. Legend.

slyadams

Desperate for him to experience a league title as a fan.

Hope he never has to watch Liverpool match or god forbid overcome 20 times.
I was thinking about this the other day. Fergie set about knocking Liverpool off their perch 35 years ago, a task that would haved seemed impossible at the time. The current regime is doing its best to let him see a lot of that undone.