3rd but we are supposedly crap

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Mourinho is having a renaissance at Spurs
Ancellotti has reinvented Everton
Hasenhuttl is a Klopp regen
Lampard has the most stacked squad of quality players in league
Pep is Pep and personally trained Arteta

Ole is a PE teacher, had the worst but unavoidable start to a season in living memory, he doesn't know how to coach patterns of play, nor make timely substitutions and acts like a coward during games watching his 10 inch monitor.

And yet here he is, above all these managers, 3rd in the league and unbeaten in ages and scoring goals for fun, and yet in all honesty we are still to hit our stride like the teams and managers above have done.

Just imagine what happens if Ole gets this team truly playing like his vision. What a great job he is doing.

Last edited:

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
You're right for what it's worth but why the reactiveness? This forum is much better when it's not at war between ole inners and ole outers.
There is no such thing as Ole in. Those who fully support Ole simply support our club with conviction and without reserve.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
We were supposedly crap in 2011 even though we won the PL title and got to another CL final.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Players are not crap, they have just been underachieving due to poor coaching. We have the third most expensive squad in football and should be challenging for the champion league not europa league and also challenging for the title. Today, they finally played like a team with a lot of top talent in it. Hopefully, that continues and it isn't just another false dawn.

Last edited:

Gabagoo

What a petty, reactionary thread. Who sees that match and reacts by crying about other fans?

To be honest, if you're this bothered about other fans and not bothered about the football, maybe support another team?

LOL

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I got caught up in the "we're crap" and "this season is a write off" stuff early doors. My more grounded mate said he reckoned we could feature in the title race.

Well played that man.

Ekeke

We've scored the 2nd highest amount of goals in the league. When was the last time that was the case?

And yet we spent all summer trying to buy an attacking player for £100 million or so. Imagine if we fixed our defence and had the 2nd best goalscoring record in the league. Instead we sold one of our best CBs and didnt replace him

Thats whats crap. We ended last season 3rd best. We could have pushed on, we havent.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
We've scored the 2nd highest amount of goals in the league. When was the last time that was the case?

And yet we spent all summer trying to buy an attacking player for £100 million or so. Imagine if we fixed our defence and had the 2nd best goalscoring record in the league. Instead we sold one of our best CBs and didnt replace him

Thats whats crap. We ended last season 3rd best. We could have pushed on, we havent.
It is what it is.

Perhaps Woody will improve in January window. But even if he doesn't, Ole is doing a fantastic job with the resources he has.

Woodzy

If we can do something clever in January window then just maybe we can challenge Liverpool. We're definitely starting to look like real contenders for top 4 though.

Either way, long way to go and i've never seen such an open league coming up to midway through a season.

I'm a broken record, but if we could get a couple of really good defenders, we could be a good team. That defence is always going to cost us, but we are exciting going forward.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

The beauty of everything being so easily searchable these days.

These twobit sh!thouse journos used to get away with it in the newspaper lack of online days.

Ekeke

It is what it is.

Perhaps Woody will improve in January window. But even if he doesn't, Ole is doing a fantastic job with the resources he has.
I think its easy to say that right now, freezing this moment and our points. But we dont know what happens in the next game. We could lose one and draw one and then suddenly we're out of the top 5 and not where we want to be anymore.

But yes at this exact moment with a game in hand, the table looks good

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Yeah he recovered a bit, but opening up criticising us was wild
Idiotic really.
Just watched us batter them on goals and chances and starts talking about possession - the most irrelevant stat of them all.

17Larsson

Not a malefactor just a lagomorph
I had to watch the second half on sky cause my stream for Astrosport died.

Tyler and Neville were their usual boring, cliched selves. They barely mentioned what was going on in the game but made sure to repeatedly say how inconsistent Utd have been this season and how Leeds stick to their system at all times. That's pretty much all they talked about for 45 minutes

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It is what it is.

Yeah those scant resources eh :lol:
80 m Maguire 50m Wan Bissaka however much Bruno was. 15m James.

Mere buttons mate.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Didn't you start the CL thread after we won the first two games ? That didn't end well and i don't see this ending well either.

You've jinxed us.

This thread should be locked and deleted asap.

cyberman

Yep. Second highest with a game in hand.
We have a reasonable defence and a world class attack kind of team, theres nothing wrong with that

Falcow

Dont jinx it now ffs. Everytime there is a thread like this we lose.

We are on course for approx 80 points which would be great in my view. Still a player or two away but getting there.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Call for calm, we know how quickly things change in football.
The call for calm was at beginning of season when we were not ready for a new season and not match fit. Many of us explained why it was unavoidable and pleaded with other fans for understanding.

But a section of our fanbase were vicious and relentless in there criticism and trolling of our manager and players. They made is so easy for media and other team fans to amplify the mockery and create a miserable narrative.

We will lose more games this season, perhaps as frustrating and idiotic like the loss vs Leipzig. But none of that changes how Ole has overseen a complete transformation since beginning of season. Our long term underlying form is fantastic, as good as any other team in the league, we are on the up, and its fantastic to observe.

Ekeke

Yep. Second highest with a game in hand.
We have a reasonable defence and a world class attack kind of team, theres nothing wrong with that
Sure but as we've seen the past couple of seasons consistency is one of our main weaknesses. We had a good spell last season and the amazing first set of games when Ole took over, but other than that we were pretty bad. Thats our cycle. So theres a high likelyhood we dont keep this up, that will be the real test of progress

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
The attackers are on form indeed. But the defenders are far too erratic and indecisive. We lose too much possession. Perhaps we should just try to ouscores the opponents in every game from now on.

Josh 76

If we can do something clever in January window then just maybe we can challenge Liverpool. We're definitely starting to look like real contenders for top 4 though.

Either way, long way to go and i've never seen such an open league coming up to midway through a season.
Not sure how old you are. But Leicester won it not long ago. That was what I call open. This is Liverpool's league to lose.