4-Way v2 - SF: Moby vs PNut

who will win the match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
The criticism is not of Ronaldo at all, he's right where he should be, but the team isn't set up to get the best out of him. Anyone would play Ronaldo exactly like this, but they would have a lot more facilitators in the team to provide him enough on the plate. To be honest this team reminds me a bit of the uber-defensive setups Mourinho used to use in El Classicos where he would through multiple defensive midfielders on the pitch and usually it ended with Ronaldo looking really isolated and frustrated for most of the game. It's not a coincidence that Madrid filled up their team with more playmakers in the next few years and also had the emergence of Marcelo as a truly amazing offensive outlet and became a trophy winning machine.

No one criticize Ronaldo not being a great weapon counters, it's just that you don't have enough of an outball or the kind of smooth transitions that are required to get those attacks going in the most effective manner.
The Madrid team came into their own with the introduction of Casemiro, when they had more facilitators in prime Ozil, Di Maria, Modric and Kroos they struggled like mad to get over the line.

It was that platform and counter attacking that elevated Madrid to the pinnacle that we've seen in the Champions League.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Tough to split. Feel that PNut's main men will get more joy because of Cristiano and Zico's brilliance in the gaps they'll find, whereas Ronaldo and Romario will have a little less space to get the ball into feet. But the build up, especially on the left hand side of the park looks stunted, which suggests that Moby's right flank will cause a lot of problems.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
This will be a high scoring games from both teams.
I honestly think that Moby's last formation is much more threatening than this one, as it had more creativity (in Best and Netzer) and midfield control.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Good game @Moby

I made the Makélélé pick after seeing the 2 other teams with Cruyff and Madonna, and then couldn't resist putting him in. Should have stuck with Effenberg, but being Ro-Ro is always a struggle. Good luck in the final

Moby

Dick
Good game @Moby

I made the Makélélé pick after seeing the 2 other teams with Cruyff and Madonna, and then couldn't resist putting him in. Should have stuck with Effenberg, but being Ro-Ro is always a struggle. Good luck in the final
Thanks mate. The scoreline is definitely harsh and I really liked the Zico-CR link up from previous rounds.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Wow, a flawless victory! As I said earlier, I also leaned towards Moby, but the score is astonishing (although it happens from time to time).

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Wow. Thought it would be an 8-6 type game, and was leaning to P-Nut.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Bit surprised at the score, but I would have voted P-Nut with a better and more variation in the midfield pair, I also wouldn't bank on his centre backs keeping Ro-Ro quiet. Cristiano, Zico and Benzy is a wonderful trio though.

Last edited:

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
Not that surprised, dont rate defence - attack teams