4-Way v2: Zlatan vs King Kendrick

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
vs

TEAM ZLATAN

Starting with 2 lethal strikers that are able to drift wide and clinical finishers, being provided opportunities by kaka.
Width will also be created by the two wingbacks.

A midfield of Neeskens and Albertini either side of Sammer, Sammer sat there protecting the centrebacks, He can also drop into defence to cover.

Nesta and butcher giving a no nonsense centre back pairing
And all that with the protection of Kahn behind them.

TEAM KING KENDRICK

3-4-3

Adams, Krol and ADB playing as my 3 in the back to combat the attack which will focus on the central areas as Zlatan has no real wingers.

Dunga as the defensive shield, with Briegel and Haan playing alongside him in hybrid wingback/b2b roles to again blunt the attack. Either of them can push forward and hit the odd belter or create another body. Zidane ahead of them at the tip of the diamond spearheading the attack.

Keizer and Rahn can stay wide and spray in balls for Seeler to head home, or can cut in while the opposing flank has the ball, forcing the wide defenders to stay with them.

I am looking to clog up the central areas while I can rely on my back 6 to be able to play the ball into the flanks or centrally.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
Bartolomei is a bit iffy there, but considering the lack of wide threat from opponent, suppose he's sufficient. Briegel is another dubious fit, but not a weakness. A very attacking formation from King, but his opponent's setup plays to his teams strengths. Keeping it compact plays well for him.

Good team from Zlatan. Don't buy the arrows on either fullbacks. Abidal especially has to be in cover else Rahn-Seeler would overwhelm Butcher. Villa would still drift wide and give trouble to Bartolomei. Also Sammer's role in crucial plus him facing Zidane is not good. Good that he has support in Albertini and Neeskens.

Quite an even match.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Why is Di Bartolomei playing as a right-sided center back? Surely, you'd want him centrally to maximise his playmaking skills, while his defensive weaknesses are covered by the surrounding Krol, Dunga and Adams? You haven't really made that 3-4-3 easy on the eye, have you?

On the other hand, Abidal & Albertini doesn't seem like an ideal left-sided pair for a diamond, but Villa will probably help out with that, at least in attack.

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
Just thinking wouldn't Albertini be better at the base of the diamond to utilise his passing ability and unless Sammer in a more B2B role at LCM?

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Briegel looks quite solid there, reprises his role he frequently served at Verona. Can see him getting stuck into a physical ding dong with Neeskens.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Just thinking wouldn't Albertini be better at the base of the diamond to utilise his passing ability and unless Sammer in a more B2B role at LCM?
I debated that with myself a lot!! As I’d prefer Albertini at the base but in the end thought Sammer would give more bite to the defense

Enigma_87

You know who
I debated that with myself a lot!! As I’d prefer Albertini at the base but in the end thought Sammer would give more bite to the defense
Nah, you should switch.

Usually in a diamond at the base you would prefer someone who can dictate play, especially when you have two excellent B2B midfielders that can cover a lot of ground and can also protect the defence.

Sammer is a no brainer in a B2B role.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
I can’t work out your formation, it’s like you have 4 wingers. Super advanced wing backs. I get you wanting to clog the middle but there’s no one there to defend when my attackers would pull wide

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
It was a matter of trying to incorporate him into the team as best as possible while also fitting in Briegel. He was used as a libero, and in a back 3, he still has the option to play passes forward, especially as he has 4 options to choose from. Seemed a better choice than to put Suurbier there for me. I agree it could look much prettier but I think it does the job effectively enough to nullify the opposition's strengths.
How does Briegel affect his position? And I still don’t get any of it, really, I’ll try to reread it again. Why left him with a lot of a space to cover, when defending was his worst quality? Why not focus on his strengths, that made him a truly outstanding player?