40's Draft - Round 1 - Aldo vs mazhar13

Who'd win the match based on the career peaks of all players?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Odd match. Which now seems to have been abandoned on top of everything else.

Sorry I wasn't able to contribute to this one - but I've been drowning in work, unexpectedly so.

Gol123

Mouthfull (of) Member
Supports
Chelsea
I was also going to vote Aldo. I felt Best would have absolutely destroyed Maz's defence in this game.

Gol123

Mouthfull (of) Member
Supports
Chelsea
Have you sent the formation graphics to Aldo ? He said he could not find it in your PM.
Yeah. Did it a few hours age when I got home from college.

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
Aldo can't trust his players so has decided to take all penalties himself and also be the goalkeeper.

The Stain

Aldo steps up to take the first penalty. Runs up and smashed it straight down the middle. Zoff throws himself to the left. 1-0.
Hurst follows Aldo's lead and smashes it down the middle. Aldo goes to the right. 1-1.
Aldo runs up, does a rabona to the right. Keeper is flabbergasted and stands frozen in the middle of the goal. 2-1.
Giles does a panenka. Aldo once again goes to the right. 2-2.

Gol123

Mouthfull (of) Member
Supports
Chelsea
Why is Aldo himself taking every penalty?

The Stain

Aldo is stood staring at the left corner. Runs up and places it to the right, sending Zoff the wrong way. 3-2.
Dietz steps up. As he runs up he doesn't take his eyes off Aldo. Dietz places the ball via the right post an in, sending Aldo the wrong way in the process. 3-3.
Aldo looks to smash it through the middle again but he slips and the ball curves to the left. Zoff has already thrown himself that way and saves it! 3-3 still.
Simoes goes for power and sends the ball to the left but Aldo gets it right this time. Still 3-3!

The Stain

He runs up and places it to the left. The power in the shot is to much for Zoff who doesn't even bother throwing himself at it but stands still in the middle. 4-3.

The Stain

Will Jensen handle the pressure? He runs up, places it to the left but there isn't enough power on it. Aldo reacts quickly and throws himself for the 5th time to the right. 4-3. Aldo wins!
Aldo:

Takers :

Center
Right
Right
Left
Left

Keeper :

Right
Right
Right
Right
Right

mazhar13:

Takers:
  1. Hurst - Centre
  2. Giles - Centre
  3. Dietz - Right
  4. Simoes - Left
  5. Jensen - Left
Zoff:
  1. Dive left
  2. Stay central
  3. Dive right
  4. Dive right
  5. Stay central

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I'm heartbroken, but Aldo did deserve to go through. Great match, @Aldo. Well deserved.

I thought I could bring Simoes, Hansen, and Jensen to the fore, but I guess I can't do it anymore. :( I hope others can take them on and promote them better.

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
I'm heartbroken, but Aldo did deserve to go through. Great match, @Aldo. Well deserved.

I thought I could bring Simoes, Hansen, and Jensen to the fore, but I guess I can't do it anymore. :( I hope others can take them on and promote them better.
Unlucky mate. Simoes in particular is well worth another match or two in this pool, so hopefully he gets picked up in the reinforcements. Great effort in pulling it back from that early deficit though, especially as the match thread was so quiet.