5 bad apples at Manchester United, 3 of them we are all in agreement with

Tyrion

We know Maguire's opinion of himself because he has told us all in his most recent interview!

Shaw does have too much to say, and it was insightful when he said that he knew he would outlast Mourinho at United. Just look at what was going on in the press before Ten Hag was announced, it was claimed Shaw was preferring a reunion with Pochettino because they used to share car journeys to training.

As for Lingard, Rashford, and Pogba, it is my opinion that they don't put effort in, or show any fight, and that translates as them thinking they are above doing that, and leaving it to everyone else on the pitch to do.
Maguire just said he doesn't think he's been that bad. He's wrong but players tell lies in interviews all the time.

Shaw said that about Mourinho after he'd already left and he was right. Mourinho basically spent two years insulting him. Shaw didn't undermine him. Mourinho imploded as is tradition.

Martial puts in even less effort so I don't see what it has to do with the other 3 being former academy players.

ZupZup

Shaw is literally our best full back by a distance… even as poor as he has been this season.

Dalot and Telles urgently need to be binned off before his name gets mentioned. Besides Shaw, we probably have the worst full backs in the league and that’s not even an exaggeration. It’s killing us.

Kag

Maguire isn’t even close to being a ‘bad apple’. He’s woefully short of confidence but he isn’t a wanker. I don’t have an issue with Shaw either.

The other three, absolutely. I wouldn’t give them a kick again.

Jibbs

Absolutely no chance, he's quite literally the opposite of what ETH wants in a cb, his lack of not just speed but mobility is the issue.

Imagine us wanting to play a higher line near the half way line, you could play 3 of the best cdms and we'd still be screwed by a simple ball over the top. His physical limit tion would drag the whole team back 15-20 yards
Blind is not really very mobile but has been quite effectively used by ETH in Ajax setup.

The Oracle

I said that the 3 bad apples could no longer hide anymore, not now that Ralf tells it exactly how it is.

Lingard, Pogba, and Rashford are rotten to the core.
They are rotten apples that need to be shipped out ASAP.

PaulAlwaysScholesAGoal

Blind is not really very mobile but has been quite effectively used by ETH in Ajax setup.
Somewhat true, but blind is not only more mobile but used as a fb, in his setups fbs are basically auxiliary midfielders. One of his cms tends to drop back to cb to cover them. So Blind wouldn't be as exposed.

Jibbs

Somewhat true, but blind is not only more mobile but used as a fb, in his setups fbs are basically auxiliary midfielders. One of his cms tends to drop back to cb to cover them. So Blind wouldn't be as exposed.
I think he might implement the same here

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Lingard
Rashford
Pogba
Shaw
Maguire

Out of the 5 bad apples above, it is our academy products that need to be churned out of the club immediately... for good.
If they haven’t already, then pack your bags Lingard, Rashford, and Pogba

Enough is enough.

There is no hiding place for those 3 players anymore. It is those 3 players who have been stinking out the place for far too long, and they have been taking us fans for mugs.
They think that because they are products of our academy, they are above everyone else in the dressing room. No heart, no desire, no fight on the pitch, no effort, sauntering around, poor body language, no tracking back, blind alleys, don’t care about the fans, undermining the manager, don’t want to be at the club, GET OUT!

The two salvageable apples:
Shaw and Maguire

Shaw is a good left-back, we know he puts the effort in, and fights for the shirt. The problem with Shaw is that he has too much to say, and that can often undermine the manager. He can salvage his United career by keeping his mouth shut, and letting his performances on the pitch do the talking for him.

Maguire is a good defender, who has been playing horribly in a United shirt. When he plays in an England shirt, he always has really good quality defensive midfielders playing in front of him – something which he doesn’t have at Manchester United.
We know in the long term that his pace will always be a weakness of his, so he must develop his positional sense and with that a better reading of the game.
Just as Luke Shaw does, Harry always puts effort in and fights for the shirt.

Ten Hag must address Harry’s delusions of grandeur, as he isn’t as good a defender as he thinks he is. A period out of the team would go a long way in not only addressing Harry’s form when required, but would also give him a reality check as well.
I’d love to know how you’ve deduced that there are 5 bad apples at the club and singled out who they are.

Are you in the dressing room? Do you know a player personally? What’s it like in there?

Please tell me how you’ve come up with this. I’m intrigued as to how you’ve managed to figure this out despite knowing literally feck all about the day to day running of the club or what it’s like to work for Man Utd.

So come on tell us! I’m quite intrigued as to how the players opinions are of ETH. Let us know!

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley

The Oracle

I’d love to know how you’ve deduced that there are 5 bad apples at the club and singled out who they are.

Are you in the dressing room? Do you know a player personally? What’s it like in there?

Please tell me how you’ve come up with this. I’m intrigued as to how you’ve managed to figure this out despite knowing literally feck all about the day to day running of the club or what it’s like to work for Man Utd.

So come on tell us! I’m quite intrigued as to how the players opinions are of ETH. Let us know!
Have a read through the thread and you will find a lot of the answers you are looking for.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Have a read through the thread and you will find a lot of the answers you are looking for.
No there isn’t, nothing concrete.

So where’s this evidence that proves that they’re bad apples, apart from spitballing and picking on players who posters believe aren’t playing as well enough as they think or they just don’t like them?

Lingard quotes today don’t really count because the squad’s confidence is shot. Doesn’t mean he’s a bad egg far from it, he’s just saying what he see’s.

So where’s the concrete evidence that proves that these players are a bad influence on the rest of the squad?

Or are we just spitballing into the ether?

Irwin99

Maguire just said he doesn't think he's been that bad. He's wrong but players tell lies in interviews all the time.

Shaw said that about Mourinho after he'd already left and he was right. Mourinho basically spent two years insulting him. Shaw didn't undermine him. Mourinho imploded as is tradition.

Martial puts in even less effort so I don't see what it has to do with the other 3 being former academy players.
I'm not saying Jose was right and we all know he's toxic af but come on, when a player says 'I knew i'd outlast him' rather than 'I'll get better and prove myself to him' you know what's implied. He basically said I just need to hang on until this guy gets sacked which is an appalling attitude for a footballer being paid 200K a week. Also the recent comment " I'm happy ...when I play for England" just made me say, get fecked Luke. I might be wrong but if EtH is this hard task master it'll be interesting to see what happens with Shaw.

JPRouve

Scout
I'm not saying Jose was right and we all know he's toxic af but come on, when a player says 'I knew i'd outlast him' rather than 'I'll get better and prove myself to him' you know what's implied. He basically said I just need to hang on until this guy gets sacked which is an appalling attitude for a footballer being paid 200K a week. Also the recent comment " I'm happy ...when I play for England" just made me say, get fecked Luke. I might be wrong but if EtH is this hard task master it'll be interesting to see what happens with Shaw.
"Luke used his body with my brain."

You don't comeback from it, Shaw was 100% correct when your manager doesn't have the decency to acknowledge your own performance there is no point trying to prove yourself or give him any sort of respect.

The Oracle

No there isn’t, nothing concrete.

So where’s this evidence that proves that they’re bad apples, apart from spitballing and picking on players who posters believe aren’t playing as well enough as they think or they just don’t like them?

Lingard quotes today don’t really count because the squad’s confidence is shot. Doesn’t mean he’s a bad egg far from it, he’s just saying what he see’s.

So where’s the concrete evidence that proves that these players are a bad influence on the rest of the squad?

Or are we just spitballing into the ether?
You are very quick at reading through the whole thread.

I will give you that.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Maguire isn’t even close to being a ‘bad apple’. He’s woefully short of confidence but he isn’t a wanker. I don’t have an issue with Shaw either.

The other three, absolutely. I wouldn’t give them a kick again.
Did you miss the interview he just did? Maguire thinks he is way better than he actually is, and to top that off, his attitude absolutely stinks. He simply doesn't understand or gets what's it to play for a club like Utd, never mind captain it. Hence, constantly shifting blame on others, and not an ounce of self-reflection.

We've wasted a lot of money but spending £80m and making him captain while handing him a 6 year contract might be biggest. Man has absolutely no standards.

Righteous Steps

Irwin99

"Luke used his body with my brain."

You don't comeback from it, Shaw was 100% correct when your manager doesn't have the decency to acknowledge your own performance there is no point trying to prove yourself or give him any sort of respect.
And his 'i'm happy when i'm with England' comment? Several managers have had issues with his fitness levels too. Jose is a cnut i'm not denying that but Shaw for me looks like a player who gets away with murder at times on the back of 2 or 3 bursts of form when he actually looks like he could fulfill his potential.

We'll see how it goes under EtH but i'm not optimistic, especially if Erik is a guy who is ultra demanding and controlling.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
You are very quick at reading through the whole thread.

I will give you that.
The thread was written at 02:45 this morning, don’t you think I read it before I originally posted? It was your original post I was referring to.

So I’ll ask again, where’s this proof that A) we have bad apples and B) those players singled out, are said bad apples?

Or is this another BS thread like it’s been called out a few times.

Fact of the matter is, none of us know what really goes on in the dressing room all this spitballing does is add fuel to the fire, to something quite frankly we know nothing about

Idxomer

@SalfordRed18 @In Rainbows @Tarrou @Skills @utdalltheway @stw2022 @charlenefan @LoneStar @Walters_19_MuFc @tjb @TheGame @TsuWave @Trigg @Judas @Idxomer @Oldyella

Now that Scholes has revealed that Lingard has said that the dressing room is "A disaster"

Are you still of the opinion that Lingard is NOT a bad apple ???
I never commented on Lingard because I don't consider him a United player anymore, same with Pogba.

But again if he had the quality to be a United player, there wouldn't be any talks about his toxicity and him being a bad apple.

JPRouve

Scout
And his 'i'm happy when i'm with England' comment? Several managers have had issues with his fitness levels too. Jose is a cnut i'm not denying that but Shaw for me looks like a player who gets away with murder at times on the back of 2 or 3 bursts of form when he actually looks like he could fulfill his potential.

We'll see how it goes under EtH but i'm not optimistic, especially if Erik is a guy who is ultra demanding and controlling.
I don't see what the problem is with this comment.

And the point about Mourinho was simply that there is a point where you need to stop trying to please someone that is going to shit on you even when you do what he wants, maybe you see things differently though.

OmarUnited4ever

What's your opinion now that Scholes has said that Lingard has called the dressing room "A disaster" ???
I couldn't care less

These players are shit footballers, end of.. and when you have too many shit footballers, losing games and performing terribly every week, then the dressing room will be negatively impacted, especially when they are criticized non stop by the media and the fans.

Bad apples or not, end of the day, this is a team comprised of too many shit footballers.

The hope is that ETH will boot as many as possible and whip the rest into shape

JPRouve

Scout
Are we going to get another "0.012% :( :mad:" post from these two local lads who love the club?

I never really thought about this one before but is it a bad thing that he gave his shirt to kids that wanted it despite not being obvious fans?

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
I never really thought about this one before but is it a bad thing that he gave his shirt to kids that wanted it despite not being obvious fans?
It really isn't.

These lads can't even breathe without someone Tweeing about it. It's getting old fast.

Matthew84!

Whatever cock womble started this thread is just wanting people to trash the 5 people you hate the most,
Its complete garbage and people moaning about Rashford and Lingard giving their shirts away, grow the f-up,

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Plot twist... The real bad apple is actually Juan Mata and he's poisoning everyone mind in the dressing room with his disgusting rhetoric.

Its complete garbage and people moaning about Rashford and Lingard giving their shirts away, grow the f-up,
It really isn't. These lads can't even breathe without someone Tweeing about it. It's getting old fast.
United fans - mostly working class at aways - spend a big chunk of money and time travelling down from Manchester to London (incoming 'they already live there' joke) to support the club and in return they get half arsed, moody performances from millionaires who won't even take a few seconds at the end to acknowledge their presence. Instead choosing to throw their shirts to opposition fans as they strop off.

"Completely fine! Totally normal!"

In Fergie's era he sent players back out from the dressing room to go to the away support, win or lose. I remember after a dead rubber European away (Bronby maybe?) he tore strips off some of the young players making their debuts for not doing it. He didn't even like our players swapping shirts with rivals, much less chucking them to opposition fans.

It's not even an era thing - just customary low standards. You see Liverpool, City, Bayern, Dortmund etc always making a point of going to their away fans as a group.

Last edited:

Dante

Average bang
@SalfordRed18 @In Rainbows @Tarrou @Skills @utdalltheway @stw2022 @charlenefan @LoneStar @Walters_19_MuFc @tjb @TheGame @TsuWave @Trigg @Judas @Idxomer @Oldyella

Now that Scholes has revealed that Lingard has said that the dressing room is "A disaster"

Are you still of the opinion that Lingard is NOT a bad apple ???
If Lingard is a bad apple for calling out the problems in the dressing room, is Ralf Rangnick also a bad apple for doing the same thing?

If anything, drawing attention to the culture problems means it's less likely to be one of those two because they can see it from a distance.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
Oh it’s perfectly fine. Everyone’s doing it. I remember Cantona trying to give some Palace fan his shoe.