5 for the price of one Lukaku - could this be our most shrewd window post Fergie?

Untd55

I think people are going a bit over the top with the rating of the youngsters. Let's be honest, you haven't watched them. So, how do you know they are promising?

Literally, it is based off them being young. That's it. Diallo played 26 mins for Atalanta and the rest in reserves, whilst Pellistri played in the Uruguayan league.

Sorry, I won't believe anyone who says they watch Atalanta reserves.

SSSSnake

I’m expecting Telles and Cavani to be really good business. I can already tell Cavani has the right mentality for this club so hopefully he can spear head our attack. We miss a player getting in the end of crosses.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I think people are going a bit over the top with the rating of the youngsters. Let's be honest, you haven't watched them. So, how do you know they are promising?

Literally, it is based off them being young. That's it. Diallo players 26 mins for Atalanta and the rest in reserves, whilst Pellistri played in the Uruguayan league.
I don’t think it’s a case if going OTT. Just enthusiastic about talented young players joining the set up, and they haven’t been the first which suggests that recruitment isn’t quite the doom and gloom some like to wallow in.

As for where they played, better journos than you or me rate them highly. Vickery stayed that Pellestri was very talented but a bit lightweight at the moment. I’m happy with his assessment - it’s far more balanced

roseguy64

Some people on here are claiming that this has been a decent window and I am beginning to think that Woodward has asked staff members to make accounts on here and post.

The worst Summer transfer window in recent times was when Jose got fired. This is the 2nd worst.
Absolute failure on so many levels.
Bought a 33 year old on high wages, who hasn't played a competitive football match for months. Nobody else wanted him and Cavani was contemplating retirement until we turned up. And at 33 years of age, this is not an Ole type player.
Missed out on Sancho (who would've soled our 10 yr old RW problem, once and for all).
Failed to sell the deadwood. The one player we did sell was quite possibly the best defender in our club...and we sold him for a poultry sum.
Telles - not sure how he will perform in the EPL. He is coming from a weak league, so nobody has any idea how he'll perform.
DVDB is the only positive.
[and please don't talk to me about the teenagers we got - we won't be seeing these guys for several years and even then the odds of them making it into the first team are extremely low. Dalot is a very good example of how difficult it is to make it into the first team].

When we get pumped by PSG in a few weeks, I'll revive this thread to remind you all why this was such a poor window.
There's a lot wrong this post so I'm not even gonna bother.

el3mel

Some people on here are claiming that this has been a decent window and I am beginning to think that Woodward has asked staff members to make accounts on here and post.

The worst Summer transfer window in recent times was when Jose got fired. This is the 2nd worst.
Absolute failure on so many levels.
Bought a 33 year old on high wages, who hasn't played a competitive football match for months. Nobody else wanted him and Cavani was contemplating retirement until we turned up. And at 33 years of age, this is not an Ole type player.
Missed out on Sancho (who would've soled our 10 yr old RW problem, once and for all).
Failed to sell the deadwood. The one player we did sell was quite possibly the best defender in our club...and we sold him for a poultry sum.
Telles - not sure how he will perform in the EPL. He is coming from a weak league, so nobody has any idea how he'll perform.
DVDB is the only positive.
[and please don't talk to me about the teenagers we got - we won't be seeing these guys for several years and even then the odds of them making it into the first team are extremely low. Dalot is a very good example of how difficult it is to make it into the first team].

When we get pumped by PSG in a few weeks, I'll revive this thread to remind you all why this was such a poor window.
Definitely not worse than Moyes window if you asked me. It's good/decent. I think Cavani will surprise you and many here.

Definitely not worse than Moyes window if you asked me. It's good/decent. I think Cavani will surprise you and many here.
theres not much that can beat only buying Fellaini for £4m more than his release clause.

I think some people need to calm down, and besides it’s done now. So get behind the team and let’s give these players a chance.

devips

theres not much that can beat only buying Fellaini for £4m more than his release clause.

I think some people need to calm down, and besides it’s done now. So get behind the team and let’s give these players a chance.
That's not what we do. We are Redcafe experts.

Glorio

Positive outlook: It's not the worst piece of business we have ever conducted, assuming they settle and manage to have a positive impact on the club.

Negative outlook: I've heard but good things about Diallo & Pellistri, the only trouble is I cannot recall the last time we brought young, foreign, super talent to the club and they lived up to expectations. Incluing Martial who is still at the 'potential to become world-class stage'.
Thing is though, you could argue we'd put Sancho-type money on Martial if anyone came snooping. So if both achieve near Martial's level, that's a massive win anyway. Hopefully they (including Martial himself) will surpass his last season level.