5 Reasons Why De Gea Will Still Be Number 1 Next Season

H10

Huseyin 10
Hey Guys,

There have been a lot of kneejerk reactions around De Gea's mistakes this season. As a result I wanted to bring about a more logical arguement to why he will still be our number 1 next season.

From that I created the below video, so do let me know your thoughts and opinions!

Web of Bissaka

Alright just seen the vid.

Basically..
1. 'Freak' mistakes -- what the hell! rubbish revisionism.

2. Contract - so? we're kicking out Sanchez out on loan and making him feel unwanted here, until he eventually leave the sooner the better. Rooney's contract also once expensive, and he left.

3. Age - yeah not a prime age for keeper, VDS also made mistakes before when younger. Some keeper will manage to shade it out, some don't. It's a risk continue persisting with him, seeing how we have one younger keeper knocking on the door. Afraid of dare to take risk, a good calculated risk at that will lead to stagnation. Many examples of top teams changed their main keepers quickly and get better results eg. Real with Casillas, City with uhh the keeper, Chelsea with Cech, Pool with legendary Karius (he's their main), we also spent time immediately trying out different keepers after Barthez cost us too many games (he was that good before mind) , etc.

4. Loyalty - lame weak reason. Eg. Rooney. We should've keep him longer then. If a player (doesn't matter loyal or not) is past it or making more and more costly mistakes to the squad... "Thanks for your loyalty and away you go!". De Gea's "loyalty" i.e. staying is also easier when his wages is generously bumped high and higher each time. He always wanted to leave, bear in mind that.

5. Who can replace him? - Henderson, stats and performances this season showed he is roughly the same with De Gea's performances. So what if De Gea of before are godlike and far better than Henderson of this season, De Gea is no longer that player. Henderson + Romero as back-up. Our defense have also improved than before so risking slightly with a new keeper would be fine.

Last edited:

POF

Hey Guys,

There have been a lot of kneejerk reactions around De Gea's mistakes this season. As a result I wanted to bring about a more logical arguement to why he will still be our number 1 next season.

From that I created the below video, so do let me know your thoughts and opinions!

Good video. I agree with you that he will still be first choice next season.

I'm not so sure the mistakes are just one off freaks. His drop in confidence has been so stark and consistent that it's hard to see him shaking that off quickly.

But, I think Henderson is the main reason they'll stick with De Gea. The club seems to feel he needs another season on loan so I think it's really likely they'll give De Gea a season to redeem himself with the option of Henderson for 2021/22.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
5 reasons why these types of threads won't work.

1. There are tons of DDG/Henderson/GK next season threads already. Use the search box.
  2. Click bait threads don't work on discussion forums. People see right through it.
  3. You're not offering any insight whatsoever. Not in the OP, and the video is pretty generic too.
  4. Forcing your content on others will only take you so far.
  5. There are probably millions of videos on Manchester United. Imagine if only a small fraction of those content creators posted every video they made on here. This place would be unbearable.

I've seen your thread on youtube content creation in the general forum and fair play to you for giving youtube a go. Youtube is a fantastic platform and there's room for all sorts of content creators. So good luck on your journey. But forcing your content on others won't take you far. Make better content (easier said than done) and people will watch/share your videos naturally.

Oh and just a pro tip: Even if you happen to reach 1k subs and 4k hours of watch time you won't get monetised with your current approach. You're using clips that don't belong to you which means it's Reused Content. 99 % of the time RC doesn't get monetised. Even if we assume you're amongst the lucky 1 % then the copyright owners will copyright claim you to death and get you demonetised.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Think he will still prove himself. I still have faith in Big Dave.

H10

Huseyin 10
Here are the 5 reasons:
£
K

Edit - will watch the video now :)
:lol:
Alright just seen the vid.

Basically..
1. 'Freak' mistakes -- what the hell! rubbish revisionism.

2. Contract - so? we're kicking out Sanchez out on loan and making him feel unwanted here, until he eventually leave the sooner the better. Rooney's contract also once expensive, and he left.

3. Age - yeah not a prime age for keeper, VDS also made mistakes before when younger. Some keeper will manage to shade it out, some don't. It's a risk continue persisting with him, seeing how we have one younger keeper knocking on the door. Afraid of dare to take risk, a good calculated risk at that will lead to stagnation. Many examples of top teams changed their main keepers quickly and get better results eg. Real with Casillas, City with uhh the keeper, Chelsea with Cech, Pool with legendary Karius (he's their main), we also spent time immediately trying out different keepers after Barthez cost us too many games (he was that good before mind) , etc.

4. Loyalty - lame weak reason. Eg. Rooney. We should've keep him longer then. If a player (doesn't matter loyal or not) is past it or making more and more costly mistakes to the squad... "Thanks for your loyalty and away you go!". De Gea's "loyalty" i.e. staying is also easier when his wages is generously bumped high and higher each time. He always wanted to leave, bear in mind that.

5. Who can replace him? - Henderson, stats and performances this season showed he is roughly the same with De Gea's performances. So what if De Gea of before are godlike and far better than Henderson of this season, De Gea is no longer that player. Henderson + Romero as back-up. Our defense have also improved than before so risking slightly with a new keeper would be fine.
Thanks for your comments feedback @Web of Bissaka

Contract - Sanchez is out on loan, but we are paying a big chunk of his wages, so I doubt we want to make this in to a habit.

Age - Fair comments.

Loyalty - We did eventually get rid of Rooney, but it did take time, rather than after only 1-2 years of average performances. I know De Gea wanted to leave for Madrid, but despite it falling through, was still professional rather than going on strike/forcing a move at the next opportuinity.

Replacement - Henderson has 1 year of prem experience. I think it could back fire if he is brought in too early. The ideal situation would be 1 more year of De Gea, and then Henderson competes with him.

H10

Huseyin 10
5 reasons why these types of threads won't work.

1. There are tons of DDG/Henderson/GK next season threads already. Use the search box.
  2. Click bait threads don't work on discussion forums. People see right through it.
  3. You're not offering any insight whatsoever. Not in the OP, and the video is pretty generic too.
  4. Forcing your content on others will only take you so far.
  5. There are probably millions of videos on Manchester United. Imagine if only a small fraction of those content creators posted every video they made on here. This place would be unbearable.

I've seen your thread on youtube content creation in the general forum and fair play to you for giving youtube a go. Youtube is a fantastic platform and there's room for all sorts of content creators. So good luck on your journey. But forcing your content on others won't take you far. Make better content (easier said than done) and people will watch/share your videos naturally.

Oh and just a pro tip: Even if you happen to reach 1k subs and 4k hours of watch time you won't get monetised with your current approach. You're using clips that don't belong to you which means it's Reused Content. 99 % of the time RC doesn't get monetised. Even if we assume you're amongst the lucky 1 % then the copyright owners will copyright claim you to death and get you demonetised.
Thanks for the feedback @Samid

I'll consider them next time I create a video ;)

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
6. Edurnity started to like the weather of Manchester and found that sunny Spain is too mainstream.