8 days to turn the season around

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
If Ole or Woodward have a small desire to turn this horror show around, they could make a few simple investments in January to help out the squad.

Cavani - Experienced striker, knows where the back of the net is on the floor and the air. Works very hard and is a warrior. Would improve us immeasurably, available for 20m.

Bruno Fernandes - We all know what he can bring to the table - DO IT.

2 experienced attacking players that we desperately need to give this squad a hand. Will we do it? I very much doubt it. Stick the money in the bank.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
The idea of giving ole a wad to spend is so risky when he's walking the sacking tightrope.

What if the next manager doesn't fancy Bruno and we ship 60m on him?

Eddy_JukeZ

This season is over.

I wouldn't give Ole any funds.

It was over as soon as Rashford got injured.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Yup. Not even surprised at today's result because the "squad" that's left is barely mid table level. That in itself, regardless of manager, will lead to basically tossing a coin in the air every game to determine the result. Solid back 5. Midtable midfield. Bottom half attack starting trash like Andreas Pereira every week. Bottom half depth. That's what is left of our squad. No matter the manager, we aren't doing shit this year unless we strengthen. Simple as. If we don't, today is basically a summary of how the rest of the season will go. Some random tight wins where we take the off chance and the opponents miss theirs, plenty we lose. Not going anywhere but to actual midtable and out of all the cups unless we strengthen significantly in the next week. And that means more than just Bruno Fernandes. With Rashford out for months and no depth anyways, we need Bruno Fernandes, we need an attacker, and we need a holding midfielder. Anything less and it's proof the owners and Woodward don't give a single feck about on field performances and results, not even a base level.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
You would have to question their ambitions if they came here, both players are better than us and could go to a good European team.

Tbh if I was cavani or Bruno and Ed woodward showed up or rung my agent I'd burst out laughing.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Next few days are certainly going to be telling, Rashford's injury looks like it was one injury too far for this squad who have done reasonably well given the injuries to both our first choice CM's especially when the squad wasn't great to begin with

What do we do, keep loosing until injured players return? Panic buy with the likes of Fernandes? Throw the kitchen sink to get summer targets now?

Eplel

You could stick this season on a rotisserie grill and it still won't turn around.

bosnian_red

The idea of giving ole a wad to spend is so risky when he's walking the sacking tightrope.

Always a dumb argument. The next manager, if we replace Ole, will sure as feck like Bruno Fernandes more than Andreas Pereira. The next manager probably won't like Lingard, Pereira, Mata, etc because they're wank players. You don't just refuse to strengthen the squad because the next manager might not love them. The team needs them, the player is available, we should have the money (but obviously the owners are refusing to provide it), you make the signings.

RightSaidFredTheRed

Agreed just 6 points behind 4th! We are lucky to even be in with a shout. We still have just 2 goals in league cup to recover that tie, we are in the 4th round FA Cup, progressing in Europa.

Despite being awful we are 'chipping away' as Ole literally just said, but we will certainly end in failure if we don't invest heavily.

Fernandes is a no brainer. Serious quality and value for money and exactly what we need. Im not sure about Cavani, but he is a strong striker who can lay the ball off and can definitely finish. He might be on the decline, but in absence of other options in January beggers can't be choosers. I don't like that short terminism, but we could benefit from his experience at the right price/ salary. I am however heavily cautious of it being another Sanchez, Schweinsteiger, etc.

Outside of that we desperately need a mobile DM, begging for a quality RW (but sadly might need to wait for Sancho in the summer...again our failure to invest in Jan last year is still hitting us now.) If we had got Koulibaly in Jan last year we'd have probably made top 4 and managed to get Sancho in summer. We are then already on track for top 4 and Fernandes takes us another level. Instead we are playing catch up and if we don't take big action this trend will continue and Sancho will end up elsewhere.

We have big big issues, but yet still have a chance to make big improvements for relatively modest investments.

caid

I have a hard time imagining any manager prefering lingard or pereira to him. And i expect they'd rather have him than nothing. The manager and squad building cant and shouldn't be that tightly linked regardless.

bosnian_red

Next few days are certainly going to be telling, Rashford's injury looks like it was one injury too far for this squad who have done reasonably well given the injuries to both our first choice CM's especially when the squad wasn't great to begin with

What do we do, keep loosing until injured players return? Panic buy with the likes of Fernandes? Throw the kitchen sink to get summer targets now?
The people who can actually have a say in changing this (Woodward and the Glazers) just don't care whatever happens, pretty clear at this point IMO. We've been desperate for depth and starting quality in attack and in midfield all season. So we really shouldn't have to describe it as panic signings. It should just be at this point sign them whatever the cost and stop penny pinching. United as a club shouldn't have to, but the Glazers and Woodward are obviously forcing it on us.

Paul_Scholes18

I have 0 trust in us doing anything. Although I will not totally attack the board before it is fully over.
Even though I want Glaziers gone like everyone else and Ole, Woodward too.

Ricardo de la Vega

If you don't seriously think the manager is going to be here in 2 years, then you must absolutely sack him now so you're not hampered by thinking like this.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Always a dumb argument. The next manager, if we replace Ole, will sure as feck like Bruno Fernandes more than Andreas Pereira. The next manager probably won't like Lingard, Pereira, Mata, etc because they're wank players. You don't just refuse to strengthen the squad because the next manager might not love them. The team needs them, the player is available, we should have the money (but obviously the owners are refusing to provide it), you make the signings.
It's not a dumb argument at all. We've just seen a total set of different managers who have then axed or struggled with another manager's players.

Signing a totally unproven in a big league player isn't a guaranteed "strengthening" anymore it was when we bought Fred for 50m. Remember him? Still has it to prove

AshRK

They had a chance to turn around the season by signing a player in first week of January itself. We could have been level.on points with chelsea or just 2 or 3 points behind but we screwed it up.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
If you don't seriously think the manager is going to be here in 2 years, then you must absolutely sack him now so you're not hampered by thinking like this.
I think at best we'll sign some short term forward who will do ok.

Then ole will be gone when top 4 is mathematically gone in late march.

caid

It's not a dumb argument at all. We've just seen a total set of different managers who have then axed or struggled with another manager's players.

Signing a totally unproven in a big league player isn't a guaranteed "strengthening" anymore it was when we bought Fred for 50m. Remember him? Still has it to prove
Imagine how buggered we'd be this season if we didn't buy Fred.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Imagine how buggered we'd be this season if we didn't buy Fred.
He's been decent.
Albeit a midfielder who doesn't score any, assist any, tackle many people, head it, or hold.

Quite a strange one really. Anderson esque in a way.

Adamsk7

Think Bruno is a no brained because if Ole wants him and we are giving him even more time, great, he’ll help. If we end up sacking Ole, well we will 100% turn to Poch and we know he wanted Bruno anyway!

caid

He's been decent.
Albeit a midfielder who doesn't score any, assist any, tackle many people, head it, or hold.

Quite a strange one really. Anderson esque in a way.
Better than Phil Jones or whoever else would be playing in his place if we didn't get him.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Educated guess: we will save f*ck all.

Glazers will save a lot of money for themselves, though.

bosnian_red

Fred is still far better than the likes of Andreas Pereira. And all managers would at least rather have someone to pick from then some random youth player. Also a perfect example of why we need better structure above the manager so we don't get in this discussion of "what if the next guy doesn't like him". Get a proper scouting system who makes decisive choices, go for managers who will aim for a similar end goal and go for players that fit the targets. It shouldn't be a completely new target every time, and it doesn't have to be. There will always be situations where some managers love certain players and dislike others. You replace them in those situations. It happens. Doesn't mean you just put the life and future of the club on hold until you sort the other stuff out though.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
They already have done with that recent dividends they've taken out.

Fecking parasites
The moment when summer window ended, somewhere deep down we were already in the shitter.

They probably think the club itself will produce Busby Babes and Class 92 every 10 years.

dove

I don't think Ole should get any money to spend. Not only his signings are poor but he will most likely not be a manager next season. So to avoid spending £60m on a player who the next manager might not want, we should not. This season is dead anyway.

Denis' cuff

If Ole or Woodward have a small desire to turn this horror show around, they could make a few simple investments in January to help out the squad.

Cavani - Experienced striker, knows where the back of the net is on the floor and the air. Works very hard and is a warrior. Would improve us immeasurably, available for 20m.

Bruno Fernandes - We all know what he can bring to the table - DO IT.

2 experienced attacking players that we desperately need to give this squad a hand. Will we do it? I very much doubt it. Stick the money in the bank.
not difficult is it? Theres a group of people being paid a fortune to do what we could all do And yet, they’re doing nothing about it. People saying ”who wants to come here” ... BRUNO DOES. Sign the fecker. He wants to come. His club want to sell. We desperately need him.

People said Fergie left a poor team for Moyes - compare it to what was out on the pitch just now.

despair.

While these cnuts sit on their hands and do nothing while the club sinks, i hope to see OT half empty for the next game... and the one after.

Will Singh

Every opportunity these Ole fangirls get to give him some time they pounce, it’s normally give him to the summer but now they are getting cornered it’s “give him 8 days” I wouldn’t give him 5 minutes. If it was me I’d have stopped him on he’s way to the dressing room and told him to do one!

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
The moment when summer window ended, somewhere deep down we were already in the shitter.

They probably think the club itself will produce Busby Babes and Class 92 every 10 years.
I think they just strongly believe that in order to produce extremely satisfactory levels of revenue year after year, you don't have to be particularly successful on the pitch.

Unfortunately they're correct. They don't care, and as heartless, shameless, money-grabbing wastes of oxygen, they're carrying out their goals effectively.

LoCalXT

You call Pochettino or a real coach and start planning for the summer. Try and get his targets marked down.
No point giving Ole the money , he is not a good enough coach.

Red00012

Agreed just 6 points behind 4th! We are lucky to even be in with a shout. We still have just 2 goals in league cup to recover that tie, we are in the 4th round FA Cup, progressing in Europa.

Despite being awful we are 'chipping away' as Ole literally just said, but we will certainly end in failure if we don't invest heavily.

Fernandes is a no brainer. Serious quality and value for money and exactly what we need. Im not sure about Cavani, but he is a strong striker who can lay the ball off and can definitely finish. He might be on the decline, but in absence of other options in January beggers can't be choosers. I don't like that short terminism, but we could benefit from his experience at the right price/ salary. I am however heavily cautious of it being another Sanchez, Schweinsteiger, etc.

Outside of that we desperately need a mobile DM, begging for a quality RW (but sadly might need to wait for Sancho in the summer...again our failure to invest in Jan last year is still hitting us now.) If we had got Koulibaly in Jan last year we'd have probably made top 4 and managed to get Sancho in summer. We are then already on track for top 4 and Fernandes takes us another level. Instead we are playing catch up and if we don't take big action this trend will continue and Sancho will end up elsewhere.

We have big big issues, but yet still have a chance to make big improvements for relatively modest investments.
I’m sorry but losing at home 2-0 to fecking Burnley is not chipping away, it’s downright embarrassing.

Mainoldo

8 days to turn it around. Then you mention Ole....

That’s not how you turn anything around.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
not difficult is it? Theres a group of people being paid a fortune to do what we could all do And yet, they’re doing nothing about it. People saying ”who wants to come here” ... BRUNO DOES. Sign the fecker. He wants to come. His club want to sell. We desperately need him.

People said Fergie left a poor team for Moyes - compare it to what was out on the pitch just now.

despair.

While these cnuts sit on their hands and do nothing while the club sinks, i hope to see OT half empty for the next game... and the one after.
100%

Without Pogba and Martial this team has zero star quality. Martial is proving to be far too wishy washy to rely on properly. What manager would look at us and think "yeah I could do something with that".

It's going to get worse than better isn't it?

The Purley King

Sack ole now. Before I wake up in the morning.
Get on the dog to poch and ask him if he fancies Bruno.
Hire poch, sign Bruno.
I have a massive fry up at 0930 a happy man.
Job done.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Why would either sign for us? We’re in disarray, from the fans to the players, manager and the owners, it’s a toxic club.

pascell

This season is over.

I wouldn't give Ole any funds.

It was over as soon as Rashford got injured.
For me it was over before the season began due to the lack of signings, everyone knew an injury to Pogba and the creativity coming from our midfield was going to be 0, low and behold it took a couple of games and he was out.

The injury to Rashford is the tip of the iceberg here, he's carried part of the injury for a while and he also played in losses to teams such as Watford who were rock bottom and we never put up a fight.

There's a serious lack of quality, depth, aggression, fight and pride in this team/squad and that's why we're floundering so badly. We also, for me, have a manager who is tactically limited so when it all comes together as one, this is the end result we get.

billybee99

You call Pochettino or a real coach and start planning for the summer. Try and get his targets marked down.
No point giving Ole the money , he is not a good enough coach.
This. Ed was talking to Jose long before he hired him. Do the same with Poch.

sparx99

With Pogba, Rashford and McTominay out and no new signings I could see us losing every league game until April.

Chelsea, City, Everton, Spurs, Sheffield, Wolves and Watford.

Art Vandelay

We won't be signing anyone. We didn't fully back Mourinho last summer, did nothing last winter and this summer sold a bunch of midfielders and forwards without replacing them. There's no point in holding out hope that it's suddenly going to change.