Music 90s britpop

McK@n

40 year old Virgin
Time to remember the 90s britpop, i was around 10 at that time i discovered britpop, so many of my memories are happy ones, skating, TV games, footie in the playground, girls getting boobs and of course watching footie at my TV. Since then it has always been something that i relate to.

What's your favourite 90s britpop song?

Ill start of with blur's Country House. Great song!

Melbourne Red

Still hasn't given Rain Dog another chance
Supports
Liverpool
This is up there with the best tracks to emerge from the Britpop silliness

Laphroaig

Haven't listened to that stuff in years and years, but I suspect that if I were to give them a listen today I'd enjoy Suede the most and Oasis the least. And Blur more than Verve.

Crustanoid

It's when 'bands' went mainstream. Going mainstream is the death of many a musical genre...I much prefer the late eighties - early nineties era of the Manchester rave scene, more underground indie stuff etc

SecondFig

It's when 'bands' went mainstream. Going mainstream is the death of many a musical genre...I much prefer the late eighties - early nineties era of the Manchester rave scene, more underground indie stuff etc
:confused:

'Bands' were mainstream long before that, just as other 'bands' remained underground during the 90s. To say the 90s was somehow the start of bands selling out is just silly.

That said, I wasn't a big fan of the whole Britpop scene, was always more into the American alt rock scene of the same era. But in the spirit of the OP, here's some Sleeper:

Laphroaig

You are probably right, but posting clips that say "Embedding disabled by request" isn't useful unless you say "Double click on it".....
It's still useful because most people manage to double click things without being told so. What's less useful is to post videoes that has been removed due to copyright infringement.

Laphroaig

By the time Britpop came around it had become a pastiche of itself, with bands like Bush. But the beginnings, the late 80s stuff; Sonic Youth, Pixies, Dinosaur Jr., Smashing Pumpkins etc. were all great.
Agreed (except for the "etc." The best of it was very good, I'm indifferent to the rest of it.)

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
What's your favourite 90s britpop song?

Ill start of with blur's Country House. Great song!
Personally I would say that song epitomises everything that was SHIT about britpop - i fecking hate that song :mad:

Im not sure what exactly qualifies at britpop but I suppose this is a good summary ...

Member 39557

Ini Kamoze's Hotstepper was the song that really kicked off the genre.
Coolio's Gangsta's Paradise was probably peak britpop.