A Handball Scenario / You're the Ref!

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Actually yeah. Does the "accidental handball leading to a goal" constitute a direct or indirect free kick? Because if it's the latter then it's clear, it's an indirect free kick for United, unless the 80 yard pass isn't considered generating a goalscoring opportunity(in this case position and number of defenders between vardy and the goal, and how much vardy has to do himself to score is what matters)

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
According to the new rules, we'd get a penalty.

I think.

It would actually be in Vardy's best interest in that scenario to stop, run towards our goal, and pass it to someone else to start a new phase of play.
:lol:

What a damning indictment of VAR. The scary thing is I'd share your interpretation. I wonder if Jesus had missed his shot against Spurs and there was half a clearance by Spurs, City reclaimed the ball and then scored straight after, if that would have stood? It's such a bizarre rule and they can't even apply it consistently, as VAR seemingly fell asleep for the Newcastle Watford game (not that I blame them, mind, think I'd struggle to concentrate on that one).

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
:lol:

I wonder if Jesus had missed his shot against Spurs and there was half a clearance by Spurs, City reclaimed the ball and then scored straight after, if that would have stood?
Yes, given there's a change in possession between the handball and the goal