A moment to be happy

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
I read the reports. Looked for highlights. Different angles. Reactions. Found a dodgy MOTD 2 replay with Jermaine and that gorgeous Alex woman in leather trousers in agreement; Cavani’s first should have stood. I was trying, you see, to squeeze every last bit of joy from this weekends’ football, but I knew I was missing something.

I don’t know if this season gets better, but this has to be a special moment among these recent strange years. Feels like a vindication for OGS. Redemption too for PP; Pogba showing his real quality in the second half. Injustice fuel, maybe. We need stuff to be angry about.

But not Bruno. He might be a bit tired, but he still pushes on - still brilliant, still imaginative, still unpredictable. Likeability factor back in spades at Old Trafford. Shaw back to his best form. Harry, as someone said, a rock. Everyone good, to be fair. What a weekend. Great to see Leicester lose to the Hammers, great to see Jesse L on fire. City losing deliciously to ten-man Leeds (Pep’s face!).

But out of this storm of happiness, peak perfection - for me - was Mr. E. Cavani. What a proper player. Please, please, other players, fans, everyone, make this guy feel at home. Imagine him next year, scoring for fun and proudly watching our young forward talent graduate from the School of Edinson.

Covid, please go away. In the meantime, Manchester United fans, take a moment to bask!

Last edited:

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
I read the reports. Looked for highlights. Different angles. Reactions. Found a dodgy MOTD 2 replay with Germaine and that gorgeous woman in leather trousers in agreement; Cavani’s first should have stood.

I was trying, you see, to squeeze every last bit of joy from this weekends’ football, but I knew I was missing something.

I don’t know if this season gets better, but this has to be a special moment among these recent strange years. Feels like a vindication for OGS. Redemption too for PP; Pogba showing his real quality in the second half. Injustice fuel, maybe. We need stuff to be angry about.

But not Bruno. He might be a bit tired, but he still pushes on - still brilliant, still imaginative, still unpredictable. Likeability factor back in spades at Old Trafford. Shaw back to his best form. Harry, as someone said, a rock. Everyone good, to be fair. What a weekend. Great to Leicester lose to the Hammers, great to see Jesse L on fire. City losing deliciously to ten-man Leeds (Pep’s face!).

But out of this storm of happiness, peak perfection - for me - was Mr. E. Cavani. What a proper player. Please, please, other players, fans, everyone, make this guy feel at home. Imagine him next year, scoring for fun and proudly watching our young forward talent graduate from the School of Edinson.

Covid, please go away. In the meantime, Manchester United fans, take a moment to bask!
I didn't realise until Sky explained that Edi hasn't seen his family because of Covid - I presumed they'd come over to England with him. I couldn't understand why he'd want to to go Boca but now I can. That said, I also hope he stays if his family can finally move to sunny Manchester...

pacifictheme

I didn't realise until Sky explained that Edi hasn't seen his family because of Covid - I presumed they'd come over to England with him. I couldn't understand why he'd want to to go Boca but now I can. That said, I also hope he stays if his family can finally move to sunny Manchester...
I saw a picture of him fishing with a small child so think his actual family are with him aren't they?

Looking at Instagram I would say yeah, I assume it means everyone else in his family?

DeGea

Can’t they just self isolate and travel across to Manchester and qurantine? Exceptional circumstances?

On the other hand, glad to see the club obeying the rules the government has set and not taking a “one rule for us and one rule for the public” approach.

Lentwood

Unfortunately, since a large percentage of our fanbase seem to have well and truly been indoctrinated into The Cult of Sky Sports and NuFootball, it's psychologically impossible for them to enjoy anything, ever.

If their team wins the treble, they demand to know why the manager wasn't sacked for landing the quadruple and immediately want to buy 23 new players they noticed have good ratings on FIFA.

Personally, I've been enjoying this Manchester United team for about 18 months now.

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
Agree with the OP.
Really enjoyed yesterday. The playacting of Son. The injustice of a perfect goal being disallowed. The fact that it was Mourinho's Spurs. Revenge (of sorts) for the 1 - 6.
Cavani, Pogba, Greenwood, Shaw, Bruno, Maguire, Scott,, all the lads.
Thanks.

Robertd0803

I always find it even more enjoyable when theres massive controversary in a game when we actually win the game and it doesnt really affect us. The fall out from the Chelsea game at Stamford Bridge in 12/13 springs to mind.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
I saw a picture of him fishing with a small child so think his actual family are with him aren't they?

Looking at Instagram I would say yeah, I assume it means everyone else in his family?
Yeah, his extended family, parent(s) especially. I believe he's very close with his father in particular. So I 100% get it, home is more important than football when you're at the end of your career.

Edi has completely won me over though. I was dissapointed in the signing because of his injury record and stage of career. It was a absolutely a panic signing by the club. If they wanted to sign Cavani they would have done so at the start of the transfer window.

Now that he's here, despite some injuries that were more or less expected, he's been nothing but professional and brings a real number 9 grit when he's on the pitch. He's reportedly struck up a great tune with Greenwood, who knows if that can influence his decision.

I think Ole said it as good as anyone: “He’s not been able to experience the fantastic culture in Manchester and in and around in England, and he is contemplating and thinking hard and long about what he wants to do and I understand. He knows what we want; I want him in Old Trafford when it’s full, Stretford End scoring a diving header like today. There’s no better feeling, so let’s wait and see.”