A question re the CL tiebreakers

rotherham_red

I was under the impression that it is on head to head if teams are level on points, which means that with PSG beating us by two clear goals we'd be second in the group.

However, I looked at the group standings and it still has us on 1st place? Does that mean that if we can get the win v Leipzig we'd be top, irrespective of the PSG result (unless they somehow score enough goals to overtake us on GD)?

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I was under the impression that it is on head to head if teams are level on points, which means that with PSG beating us by two clear goals we'd be second in the group.

However, I looked at the group standings and it still has us on 1st place? Does that mean that if we can get the win v Leipzig we'd be top, irrespective of the PSG result (unless they somehow score enough goals to overtake us on GD)?
Because us PSG and RB currently all have the same points, it goes on overall stats.

However, after the next lot of games that won't be the case anymore (unless both games end in draws) so it'll go down to head to head records.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
There are three teams on 9 points. We are top because we are leading the three-way H2H. If both games end in a draw we finish top. If us and PSG win they finish top.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
We basically need a win or a draw, and PSG to draw or lose to end first. Come on Istanbul!

rotherham_red

There are three teams on 9 points. We are top because we are leading the three-way H2H. If both games end in a draw we finish top. If us and PSG win they finish top.
Because us PSG and RB currently all have the same points, it goes on overall stats.

However, after the next lot of games that won't be the case anymore (unless both games end in draws) so it'll go down to head to head records.
Ah gotcha, thanks lads.

That Istanbul game was infuriating at first, now it's even more so.