A.S Roma missing children campaign...

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Roma have gained a reputation as one of the clubs who are at the front of social media change and integration, and their recent campaign of raising awareness of missing children in their transfer reveals has led to 6 children being found. Three in Britain.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51041303

Well done to them.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I seem to recall there was some scoffing at the idea that this campaign would make any difference, with some dismissing it as a PR stunt. Nice to see it may actually have had a positive effect.

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Is there any evidence their twitter posts have anything to do with it?
I'm sure most missing kids who are alive end up being found sooner rather than later anyway.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I'm sure most missing kids who are alive end up being found sooner rather than later anyway.
You could exercise some critical thinking and tell us what you found rather than dismissing a positive campaign so cynically?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
And it's partially due to technological advances and greater awareness. What Roma does is simply contribute to the very high recovery rate alongside other actors.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Inclined to agree. I guess Roma’s here is slightly better, but most of these football social media pages are just unfunny; twerking for likes. Especially the German_En ones. They must all be outsourced to the same company in America which has the same bottom level humour.

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
You could exercise some critical thinking and tell us what you found rather than dismissing a positive campaign so cynically?
It's too serious a subject to be turned into clickbaity headlines, feelgood stuff or not. And I asked the question because there's litterally nothing of substance in the linked BBC article.

Forgive me for wondering exactly what happened to those kids.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
It's too serious a subject to be turned into clickbaity headlines, feelgood stuff or not. And I asked the question because there's litterally nothing of substance in the linked BBC article.

And I'm saying that rather than basing your suspicions off one article, or hoping that someone else would do the research for you, you could do a bit of a research yourself and share your informed opinion rather than cynically criticising a campaign you have admitted you know very little about but is clearly intended to help towards a hugely important cause.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus

It's not just a clickbaity headline though as A.S Roma are actively doing something. And who cares if it only increases the chances of finding someone by 0.001%? That's still 0.001% better than doing nothing at all. Maybe the campaign never actually directly helps someone. So what? They're still trying to do something. I honestly can't think of any reason to criticise this.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

They are doing it alongside the National Centre for Missing Children You actually have a link that explains why in the article and why other clubs should do it too.

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
And I'm saying that rather than basing your suspicions off one article, or hoping that someone else would do the research for you, you could do a bit of a research yourself and share your informed opinion rather than cynically criticising a campaign you have admitted you know very little about but is clearly intended to help towards a hugely important cause.
I'm not criticizing anything about AS Roma, I'm criticizing the BBC article who doesn't do its job properly. An article shouldn't require you to do research to verify the core of its content.

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
They are doing it alongside the National Centre for Missing Children You actually have a link that explains why in the article and why other clubs should do it too.
Thanks, that's much more in depth.