A serious look at Hansi Flick

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
So that’s it then everyone’s giving up on ETH. This fan base! How many more managers can we go through?! Everyone’s only expecting miracles this season because he won a trophy and came 3rd last year.. that by the way was an overachievement. I keep saying this time and time again but Arteta finished 8th twice and 5th and their fans wanted him gone but then he nearly won the league. You do realise if we get another manager then that’s another 400m he’ll need to spend on players and he might not like the players we’ve just signed so we’re gonna he stuck with them for years… rinse and repeat.

fallengt

If these players don't want to collectively press under ETH, how would Flick make them do it?

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Seriously, feck this thread. So annoying, the grass isn’t greener. This forum pined for Ten Hag and shat all over Poch at the time and now none of you are prepared to lie in the bed you made. Everybody who wants Erik out at the first sign of trouble deserves to be miserable.

davidmichael

So we’re at the stage where we want someone to come in as interim head coach based on results from three years ago ? Didn’t he fully inherit the squad he did the treble with ? Then the wheels came off in his first full season ?

That Bayern squad also pisses all over our squad whilst they have a very well ran board and structure above the playing side of things, does anyone honestly think anyone can succeed with the fecking shambles we are as a club though ? I honestly don’t think even prime Sir Alex could succeed in todays game with the fecking shambles above.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Like they would listen to this guy for any longer than they did with Erik.

OleGunnar20

Do you know who famously told a story about Geese to the European Ryder cup team? A certain Sir Alex Ferguson.
That man could tell a story about yearly tax returns and make it inspirational.

RedDevilQuebecois

Shite.

As much as I'm a guy who loves cheering for Japan as a favorite underdog, a Germany team that gets fecked by Japan this badly is a severe indictment of the manager. Other than a purple patch with Bayern Munich, Hansi Flick ain't worth being rated at all.

Marcus

I want an animated madman on the touchline. Is he that?

Dominos

My memory from his Bayern days were he plays borderline suicidal attacking high-press, high defensive line football I ever remember seeing. Which is great, if you have an elite set of players.

The problem he'd have here is we have a punch of technically inept players who will be giving the ball away every 2 seconds to gift the opposition endless transitions, and lack of physicality in terms of pace/strength/stamina in the team to defend the opposition counter attacks. We'd also need some serious pace all across the defensive line to play that absurdly high line, which I don't think we have.

Having said that, we'd be far better to watch and score more goals, and results can't get any worse than we're currently seeing.

Eddy_JukeZ

Shite.

As much as I'm a guy who loves cheering for Japan as a favorite underdog, a Germany team that gets fecked by Japan this badly is a severe indictment of the manager. Other than a purple patch with Bayern Munich, Hansi Flick ain't worth being rated at all.
Winning a treble is now a purple patch.

Only on the cafe.

always_hoping

Could understand threads like this if Ten Hag was sacked or walked but he hasn't and such opinion pieces should file under the main ten hag thread.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Rather ETH. I have said this before - the only manager who can get some sort of form with the current squad is Conte and I don't want him.

His 352 would just work like a charm. All he needs a right wing back in Jan.