Managerial career
1996–2000Victoria Bammental
2000–2005TSG Hoffenheim
2006Red Bull Salzburg (assistant)
2006–2014Germany (assistant)
2019Bayern Munich (assistant)
2019–2021Bayern Munich
2021–2023Germany

Not talked about much since the Germany job. But he played a lovely brand with Bayern. Won everything too and was one of the most dominant teams of the last decade. Strange he’s not even on many betting sites as a candidate.

D-o-m-i-n-i-k

First 8 months at Bayern Munich
Great results and some brilliant football but most people forget (The Champions League tournament in Lisbon) that they should have been 4-1 down against Barcelona in the quarter-final after 20 minutes and should have been 2-0 down against Lyon in the semi-final.

2nd season at Bayern Munich
It was a good season but many cracks were seen during the season.

His work with the german national team
If you rate his work there then he is lucky to get a 2 out of 10.......the results were mostly terrible, the performances were never good and he has lost the dressing-room (People should just watch the Amazon documentary about the german national team to see that he is not a good coach).

I would rather bring back Moyes than to bring in Flick!!!!

RedDevil@84

The question is can he take up the role of coach, scout, negotiator, DOF, and "save the bosses' ass" shit-talker.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Happily take him until the end of the season. But I'd say that about anyone not named ten Hag.

Brophs

The One and Only
Hansi, thanks for coming in to chat to us today. We’ll get right to it. Two part question to kick us off:

1. How do you feel about Eredivisie and Eredivisie-adjacent players? Exclusively. And…
B. How wedded are you to having hair?

trailertrash

Supports
Bayern Munich
Don't think he'll move the needle for you. Seriously overrated IMO, was good for Bayern, but the stuff Germany served is what nightmares are made of.

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
most people forget (The Champions League tournament in Lisbon) that they should have been 4-1 down against Barcelona in the quarter-final after 20 minutes
This seems like a wild exaggeration. Barcelona had xG of approximately 1.0 for the entire match and only had 5 shots on target. How on earth were they supposed to be up 4-1?

Apokalips

I'd give him a try in the interim and see how he does, but he has a small sample size of success as the main man. It is always harder to think of who to bring in as our club and fans are so scared to sack an underperforming manager as swiftly as other clubs do. I am more than happy to give him a shot and then get rid if he doesn't work out, the same way I am more than happy to get rid of Antony, etc. and bring in replacements ASAP as opposed to giving them 2 more seasons for some reason.

GreatDane

Won the treble and had 81% win with Bayern. Dont know much about him, but that's very good, also for Bayern standards.

Ahmer Baig

Another manager who will work for few months before the players down their tools again.

KeanoMagicHat

First 8 months at Bayern Munich
Great results and some brilliant football but most people forget (The Champions League tournament in Lisbon) that they should have been 4-1 down against Barcelona in the quarter-final after 20 minutes and should have been 2-0 down against Lyon in the semi-final.
That's a funny thing to say to take credit from a game they won 8-2! I watched back the highlights there and only one of them was a really bad miss, another was a good interception and another a good save. That Bayern team were absolutely brilliant.

If you wanted to make one-sided calls like that then you could say his Germany team were unlucky the other way at the World Cup. They had 71 shots to score only 6 goals in the group stage. With more clinical play, they would have topped that group easily and actually played well for most of the three games but were let down by mental collapses.

Abizzz

We shouldn't hire anyone based on a good run 3 or so years ago. He might be a good coach (or not), either way more is needed than that and I'm not even convinced he would be an upgrade over ETH in that department either.

TheRedDevil'sAdvocate

Don't think he'll move the needle for you. Seriously overrated IMO, was good for Bayern, but the stuff Germany served is what nightmares are made of.
If he came here and replicated what he did during his NT tenure - constantly tinkering with formations and line-ups, experimenting with the players and their roles, while also choosing a (very) high line as the hill to die on - by the end of the season we'd be thanking our gods for Luton, Sheffield Utd and Burnley having made sure nobody had to worry about relegation. He could have been a potential candidate, had the ETH experiment bore some fruit. In the mess we find ourselves in, he'd probably be another disaster waiting to happen.

OleGunnar20

Didn't he show the German team a video of geese before a big game and tell them to be like the geese ?

Sounds about as sensible as everyone else at this club.

tomaldinho1

International management has zero bearing on club level, just look at how poor Southgate was domestically or Martinez.

Feel like he's the wrong profile, we need a hands on head coach - someone who can put an aggressive pressing systemin place before - feel like Flick might be a good manager but not as much deep tactics from my impression of him.

Redstain

International management has zero bearing on club level, just look at how poor Southgate was domestically or Martinez.

Feel like he's the wrong profile, we need a hands on head coach - someone who can put an aggressive pressing systemin place before - feel like Flick might be a good manager but not as much deep tactics from my impression of him.
I think somewhat the opposite, it's very hard to assess the criteria of his management because even under Naglesman from my perspective watching that Bayern team they didn't perform to the same level as they did with Flick.

Flick's time at Bayern saw them do a multitude of things well, they pressed high, was good in the transition and had good technical proficiency among their players to open up spaces. It was for me the most complete team I've seen in Europe for a good few seasons. But it's hard to pinpoint if that is solely on him or also a favourable mixture of timing and a good set of players to build things with.

The only way we'll know for certain is if he does it at another club. I also don't really account international football as being relevant with domestic, totally different aspects revolved around management. I think the Bayern fans would have a better insight because as it stands if he is to be given credit for coaching that team, we're talking about a very high level that would outmatch Klopp / Guardiola (at the time).

tomaldinho1

I think somewhat the opposite, it's very hard to assess the criteria of his management because even under Naglesman from my perspective watching that Bayern team they didn't perform to the same level as they did with Flick.

Flick's time at Bayern saw them do a multitude of things well, they pressed high, was good in the transition and had good technical proficiency among their players to open up spaces. It was for me the most complete team I've seen in Europe for a good few seasons. But it's hard to pinpoint if that is solely on him or also a favourable mixture of timing and a good set of players to build things with.

The only way we'll know for certain is if he does it at another club. I also don't really account international football as being relevant with domestic, totally different aspects revolved around management. I think the Bayern fans would have a better insight because as it stands if he is to be given credit for coaching that team, we're talking about a very high level that would outmatch Klopp / Guardiola (at the time).
Yes that team was one of the best we've seen in the last decade or so for sure, I guess I am hesitant of reading into coaches having success with Bayern - even though the BL look sot be a little bit more competitive these days.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
I remember before he took over for us, I had no idea what to expect and what to think of him. Now, a few years later, having gone through highlights like the champions league and having witnessed the low of the following season, I still have no idea what to expect and what to think of him.

RedRocket9908

I remember before he took over for us, I had no idea what to expect and what to think of him. Now, a few years later, having gone through highlights like the champions league and having witnessed the low of the following season, I still have no idea what to expect and what to think of him.
Were you disappointed when he announced he was leaving to take the German National team job?

TheLord

I am surprised that people seriously think he'd accept an interim role at United if ETH were to get the boot.

AdNani

Didn't he show the German team a video of geese before a big game and tell them to be like the geese ?

Sounds about as sensible as everyone else at this club.
Do you know who famously told a story about Geese to the European Ryder cup team? A certain Sir Alex Ferguson.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
What's Joachim Lowe up to? Other than smelling his arse ofcourse