A wee Kid from my Club's Under 14 team -

Status
Not open for further replies.

bazalini

The Baz Man - He made us laugh 2000 - 2012
Do not want to give his name - but background is this.......

I am involved in the under-16's and Man Utd have sent a scout on 4 occasions to watch one of our kids who plays Under 14. He plays up front and literally is a goal machine.

So this is where we are at, Man Utd, Sheff Wed and Celtic are after the kid. Northern Ireland under Jim Magilton have also an Underage academy for 14-17 year old which is run full time in a Sports campus in North Belfast and have a place for him as well. He is the youngest of 9 children from a council house. He has been outside kicking ball since the age of 2 (What else is there to do when you are the youngest of 9 children in a 3 bed house). The coach of the under 14's has a history of taking kids under his wings and bringing them on. Presently 2 other kids he has coached are in the Premiership.

Man Utd have now written to the child's family and asked for him to be taken out of our club and be put in a club who are in the National U-14 league in Northern Ireland so they can see him at a higher level. They have signalled the club they want him to play with with a view to him signing underage terms with Man Utd.

Effectively - we as a club have taken this kid on from under 6 to under 14 and now Man Utd are saying - If the kids go to Club X, we'll sign him. Where effectively, any remuneration that Man Utd now pay for the child will go to "Club X"

I'll keep everyone posted.

Member 39557

Why would any under-14 be interested in United rght now? Surely he'd be better to wait for a CL club?

degea_s_fringe

That's funny cause
I am involved in the under-16's and Man Utd have sent a scout on 4 occasions to watch one of our kids who plays Under 14. He plays up front and literally is a goal machine.

So this is where we are at, Man Utd, Sheff Wed and Celtic are after the kid. Northern Ireland under Jim Magilton have also an Underage academy for 14-17 year old which is run full time in a Sports campus in North Belfast and have a place for him as well. He is the youngest of 9 children from a council house. He has been outside kicking ball since the age of 2 (What else is there to do when you are the youngest of 9 children in a 3 bed house). The coach of the under 14's has a history of taking kids under his wings and bringing them on. Presently 2 other kids he has coached are in the Premiership.

Man Utd have now written to the child's family and asked for him to be taken out of our club and be put in a club who are in the National U-14 league in Northern Ireland so they can see him at a higher level. They have signalled the club they want him to play with with a view to him signing underage terms with Man Utd.

Effectively - we as a club have taken this kid on from under 6 to under 14 and now Man Utd are saying - If the kids go to Club X, we'll sign him. Where effectively, any remuneration that Man Utd now pay for the child will go to "Club X"

SiRed

This type of stuff goes on all the time. Its the nature of the beast i am afraid. football is brutal and is extremely 'dog eat dog'

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Oh, you.

Jokes aside, particularly classless by the club. Although I do wonder if we did this sort of thing during SAF's tenure.
It actually is the norm. We’ve lost kids to Southend and Colchester with similar stipulations albeit it’s a lower league. We’ve received nothing in terms of payment.

Thing is PL and other elite clubs are inundated with recommendations etc from
Scouts coaches agents, I’ve heard from
An agent it’s thousands from around the world.

hungrywing

The fee involved would surely be orders of magnitude below 'these little things add up' for us. The goodwill we'd get/maintain would pay for the transfer multiple times over.

It actually is the norm. We’ve lost kids to Southend and Colchester with similar stipulations albeit it’s a lower league. We’ve received nothing in terms of payment.

Oh, I'm sure. Just thinking to myself it'd be worth it for a club our size to be paying these 10-80k(?) fees. Absolutely we'd still have to protect ourselves by doing the due diligence.

Last edited:

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Nice one.

You should start a Patreon, post the preview on Reddit &Twitter with the big caption "comunicado oficial" and charge money if people want to see more.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d

Is your club of a size that it would expect remuneration for players? If not, then surely let the kid go willingly in order to have a chance of fulfilling his potential

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
If the kid is actually good enough to play in a better league and eventually aim for a top academy it's actually in his best interest to move up the pyramid, isn't it? Which would mean. and I'm not trying to be offensive, that you're essentially complaining that you can't turn a profit with a 14 year old?!

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Why on earth would we be interested in Northern Irish players? Apart from Strachan and Niall Quinn I can't remember them ever having a decent player. Best to steer clear.

el diablorojo

Supports
Brentford

Then if a Prem club take a fancy he will be off to them for peanuts too thanks to the god awful EPPP travesty.

Marty1968

Why on earth would we be interested in Northern Irish players? Apart from Strachan and Niall Quinn I can't remember them ever having a decent player. Best to steer clear.
This is a joke right???

Steve Bruce

This is a joke right???
I would say so, he included an ROI player, Scottish player and then in his last sentance he put in what I thought wasn't that subtle 'Best' steer clear. George Best being one of the best players United has ever had and came from Northern Ireland.

Judas

Open to offers
Heard his dads brothers gardener got injured by Roy Keane, and Lingard was filming the incident, and Pogba was dabbing in the background. Doubt this is a goer.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads

He’s overrated.

Status
Not open for further replies.