Music Aaliyah

Her music will finally be available on streaming services from tomorrow. Her music hasn't been available for around 10yrs now, so its been a long time coming!! :) ❤

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Wow at the same time as the R Kelly trial? How completely not in any way at all cynical.

choccy77

I have all her music, no biggie as I don't use streaming, but good for new peeps who never heard her work before.

Dan_F

Wow at the same time as the R Kelly trial? How completely not in any way at all cynical.
That’s gotta be a coincidence right? How lucky for Spotify that plenty of people will be reading about her for the first time and search for her music :rolleyes:

entropy

Her estate doesn’t seem to be happy with this release. I am glad they are still able to put out some of her music. It’s been a long time coming.

choccy77

Her estate doesn’t seem to be happy with this release. I am glad they are still able to put out some of her music. It’s been a long time coming.
It's a weird one, her parents (mum) say they want to protect her legacy and yet by not making her songs available seems, like the opposite way of doing this.

Secondly, her uncle owns Blackground records, of which some of her work will be distributed.

That poor girl, clearly as many have known for decades, went through a lot, even after her death, people have been out to tarnish her.

Yeah her Uncle gave an interview to Billboard Magazine, its alot to unpack. He hasn't spoken to her mother or brother since she died, and there's issues regarding royalty paymemts. Its a real shitshow tbh.

Tarrou

was just watching Romeo Must Die the other night, it felt sad watching it knowing what happened

she was so talented and stunning

Cole9

I vividly remember the week when Aaliyah died. It was such a tragedy and I can't believe it was 20 years ago now. 'Are You That Somebody' was one of the first ever CDs that I bought. I'm glad that people that have never experienced her music will now get a chance.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Kinda gross calling her baby girl considering all the stuff about R.Kelly. Apparently her uncle was her manager too. Just a bad situation all round.

Kinda gross calling her baby girl considering all the stuff about R.Kelly. Apparently her uncle was her manager too. Just a bad situation all round.
Baby girl was her nickname, it was given to her by her father. Literally everyone called her that.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Baby girl was her nickname, it was given to her by her father. Literally everyone called her that.
Yeah i don't mind her father calling her that and i can understand some fans think it's endearing, personally though considering her sexualisation at a young age and the r kelly stuff I find it gross. To each their own though.

Moby

Dick
Yeah i don't mind her father calling her that and i can understand some fans think it's endearing, personally though considering her sexualisation at a young age and the r kelly stuff I find it gross. To each their own though.
It's a pretty commonly used nickname for her.

Ladron de redcafe

It appears that this was among the nicknames by which she was referenced, when she was at the height of her fame.

Aaliya
The famous U.S. singer who died at the age of 22 in a plane crash was Aaliyah Dana Haughton (1979 – 2001). She was most often called Aaliyah by friends and family. But some of her nicknames included 'Baby Girl', "Li-Li", "Liyah", 'Princess Of R&B', and "Queen of Urban Pop".

Hoof the ball

I think im the only person that loves the original, its so smooth!!
I love the original too. It's just that I can find that song on streaming compilation albums, whereas, the remix I can't.

Still think 'Age Ain't Nothing But a Number" is her best album.

"At Your Best (You Are Love)"
"Back and Forth"
"Age Ain't Nothing but a Number"

etc, etc.

I love the original too. It's just that I can find that song on streaming compilation albums, whereas, the remix I can't.

Still think 'Age Ain't Nothing But a Number" is her best album.

"At Your Best (You Are Love)"
"Back and Forth"
"Age Ain't Nothing but a Number"

etc, etc.
Yeah I’m glad both versions are on the album.

I like the first album a lot, Street Thing , Old School and At Your Best are my faves. I’m still on the fence about what her best album is, I think it’s between One in a million and The red album.

Not to mention that almost everyone female in the 90's was referred to as baby girl . It didn't carry a sexual overtone.
Exactly

Still sounds like the future even after 20 years, for me her best album.

R.N7

Such tagline. Wow!
Supports
a wife, three kids and Eboue
Age Ain't Nothing But a Number wasn't on spotify before? I'm pretty sure I've listened to it on there.

But yeah, neat. I can finally listen to her Choosey Lover cover on there.

Age Ain't Nothing But a Number wasn't on spotify before? I'm pretty sure I've listened to it on there.

But yeah, neat. I can finally listen to her Choosey Lover cover on there.
Yeah only her first album was available on streaming, now it’s all available :)