AC Milan 2017/18

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
If Yonghong Li defaults on his loans(to be paid by October), Elliott can take over the club, and the hedge fund would sell Milan for €400-500m. There is an American consortium interested, the group is headed by Stephen Ross, with the backing of banking giant Goldman Sachs. This fella owns 95 per cent of NFL franchise the Miami Dolphins, and is worth around $12bn.

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
Sampdoria's director has confirmed that they've allowed Milan to talk to Ivan Strinic, who will be a free agent in June. The 30-year-old joined Sampdoria from Napoli in August 2017 for €2m, and he has been benched since these reports came out.
Sampdoria full-back Ivan Strinic confirms “I’ve signed a three-year contract with Milan”, with the move to be confirmed after the World Cup.

It has been rumoured for some time that the Croatian international had agreed to join the Rossoneri, moving to San Siro on a free transfer.

“The season is now over, so I can say that I am no longer a Sampdoria player and I have signed a three-year contract with Milan,” Strinic told 24.

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
Milan’s board are reportedly studying ways to oust the Chinese owners, as Yonghong Li is said to have rejected a €450m takeover bid.

The Rossoneri will be sanctioned by UEFA for Financial Fair Play, with the governing body deciding not to offer them a settlement agreement.

Both the club and owner are in debt to U.S hedge fund Elliott Management, who funded the Chinese takeover last April.

If the fund isn’t repaid by October, they can take control of the running of the club.

Today La Repubblica is reporting that Li rejected a €450m bid from Dubai, thought to be Mohamed Al-Falasi, which would have settled the Elliott debt.

Yonghong Li, Han Li, Lu Bo and Xu Renshuo, the Chinese board members, will not listen to offers below €750m for the Rossoneri.

As a result, CEO Marco Fassone met with Marco Patuano and Paolo Scaroni yesterday to study legal means of isolating the Chinese.

The club is therefore effectively split into two warring factions.

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
UEFA’s financial investigators have recommended kicking Milan out of the Europa League for FFP violations. Exclusion would be the worst case scenario, but other options include fines, squad limitations and a block on new transfers. If Milan are excluded, it would bump Atalanta into the group stage directly and allow Fiorentina to enter the preliminary rounds instead.

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
Elliott Management will begin repossessing Milan, as Yonghong Li has missed the deadline of midnight Italian time to repay the €32m. If he can reach an agreement with a new buyer and bring the full €415m outstanding to Elliott by Monday, the hedge fund could leave the club in the hands of a different majority shareholder. The extra €32m from the capital increase was provided as an emergency cover when Li missed a deadline in June, that takes the total sum he owes to the hedge fund to €415m.

This whole situation keeps worsening with each development. Very dark times coming up ahead for Milan fans :(

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
Sporting Director Mirabelli was fired today, after buying 11 players in the past year and spending more than 200m. Leonardo is supposed to join as the technical director in coming days and he's already working behind the scenes on bringing several players to Milan, and perhaps also replacing Gattuso with Antonio Conte.

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
The city council of Milan announced today than San Siro will be undergoing extraordinary renovations which are to be completed by 2020.

tomaldinho1

Elliott Management will begin repossessing Milan, as Yonghong Li has missed the deadline of midnight Italian time to repay the €32m. If he can reach an agreement with a new buyer and bring the full €415m outstanding to Elliott by Monday, the hedge fund could leave the club in the hands of a different majority shareholder. The extra €32m from the capital increase was provided as an emergency cover when Li missed a deadline in June, that takes the total sum he owes to the hedge fund to €415m.

This whole situation keeps worsening with each development. Very dark times coming up ahead for Milan fans :(
I'm a little late to this story but know Elliott Management well as I work in finance - has this ever happened before, where a major US hedge fund has taken control of one fot he big European team? I'm intrigued to see how this plays out and if a turnaround can happen.

JuveGER

Supports
Juventus
I'm a little late to this story but know Elliott Management well as I work in finance - has this ever happened before, where a major US hedge fund has taken control of one fot he big European team? I'm intrigued to see how this plays out and if a turnaround can happen.
Not a big team, but KKR is invested in Bundesliga side Hertha BSC in Berlin, Germany.

tomaldinho1

Not a big team, but KKR is invested in Bundesliga side Hertha BSC in Berlin, Germany.
It's an interesting angle - would have thought it extremely high risk although AC have the heritage/fan base to be lucrative if they have some success you feel. Unsure about Hertha!

Would be a an excellent idea if you could 'loan to own' a team in the PL however with the broadcasting money.

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
Milan have signed Uruguay LB Diego Laxalt from Genoa for a fee of 18m. Carlos Bacca has joined Villareal on a permanent basis, as a part of a player exchange which sees Samu Castillejo join Milan.

Hoof the ball

Milan have signed Uruguay LB Diego Laxalt from Genoa for a fee of 18m. Carlos Bacca has joined Villareal on a permanent basis, as a part of a player exchange which sees Samu Castillejo join Milan.
Not exactly inspiring signing Castillejo. His numbers aren't very good. Not a productive player. Last thing Milan need is guys just making up numbers.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
They will be very good this year. They had one glaring weakness last season which compromised everything. And now they turned weakness into their best player