AC Origins Warning - Don't do Ambush at Sea mission

Schmiznurf

Caf Representative in Mafia Championship
If you do this mission you will lose every bit of gear you have, along with all your money and everything in your inventory.

I spent 88 hours doing everything up until the point of no return where the end of the game begins and this was the last mission I did before I was going to continue with the end of the story, it wiped all my legendary level 40 weapons, of which I had one of every type except for scepter and spear because they're crap weapons anyway, I lost the outifts, weapons and mount that I earned in the game and that came with the gold edition.

I'm now faced with doing the end game with a crappy bow and shield that I had somehow been given even though I never had those two before, the shield and bow are not legendary or good in any way, the only lucky thing is somehow I have a legendary sword, which wasn't one I had before. I don't have any money to buy new equipment or gear.

One person said that when they brought it up with ubisoft, because the mission was supposed to have been patched, they were told to start the game again because it won't affect new games, just ones started before the patch. There is no way I am playing for 88 hours again just to get my gear back.

buckooo1978

should you have spoiled that?

don't play it myself but maybe it's part of the game

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
No need for spoilers and thanks for the info OP.

The Bloody-Nine

If I were to buy this and start playing tomorrow I'd be fine, though, right? It's only if you started the game pre patch that you might get shit on?

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
Is the game any good by the way? I've been meaning to ask but haven't seen any other thread on it.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Thanks for the heads up. I began the game a couple of weeks ago so I'm not sure if I'm safe with the patch or not.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Is the game any good by the way? I've been meaning to ask but haven't seen any other thread on it.
Loving it so far, huge improvement on the last few and up there with black flag and one of the ezio ones as my favourite ones.

Schmiznurf

You should ask for your money back.
I did, I asked to either be given what I lost or to be refunded what I paid.

Incredible game imo, I was absolutely loving it, it's just too bad that this debacle, that might not have happened had I done the mission today, has ruinedthe end for me.

Thanks for the heads up. I began the game a couple of weeks ago so I'm not sure if I'm safe with the patch or not.
Best off avoiding it I think, if i'm honest the mission was for naught and added nothing anyway.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
Its really good. The only drawback is that the Xbox hangs at times when its graphic heavy so I'm forced to quit and restart.
Loving it so far, huge improvement on the last few and up there with black flag and one of the ezio ones as my favourite ones.
Incredible game imo, I was absolutely loving it, it's just too bad that this debacle, that might not have happened had I done the mission today, has ruinedthe end for me.
Ah feck. Add that to the list of games I need to play when I at some point get an up to date console/PC again.
Any chance of this coming out on the Switch?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Also ambush at Sea is the DLC mission which makes it a bit worse that its glitched :lol:
Thankfully didnt get it.

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States
I just did that mission and suddenly I have a bunch of legendary items I never had before, more inventory and money than I had before. Even got this cool mount.

Only thing missing is a crappy bow and shield.

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
Apparently has been patched now so should work:

https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1787488-Assassin-s-Creed-Origins-1-0-5-Patch-Notes-Forums

Patch Highlights

Ambush at Sea – The issue that caused for some save games to be corrupted was fixed and the mission is now available to players again
Note: The mission should reappear on the map after a reboot of your system. Be sure to be connected to the online services while starting the game.
Difficulty – Enemies of a lower level than the playable character are now more challenging in Hard Mode.
Beard/Hair Toggle
Selected preference of beard/hair will remain saved now
Added support for Keyboard and mouse controls
[Shift]+[Z] – Hair
[Ctrl] + [Z] - Beard
Performance and Stability improvements on all platforms

System
Improved performance and stability
Fixed some infinite loading and black screen hang
[PC] Fixed hardware performance metrics for Radeon R9 2xx series
[PC] Fixed several Ultra HD monitor, multi-monitor mode, and multi GPU mode issues
[PC] Fixed infinite saving occurring in Photo Mode when anti-aliasing option is Off

Graphics & Audio

Improved Sandstorm ending visual
Fixed some level of detail issues in the world and for some NPCs
Fixed an issue that could prevent the call mount whistle from playing
Fixed an issue that could cause music tracks to overlap
[Xbox One X][PS4] Revised the default Luminance value in the HDR settings
[PC] Temporarily deactivated spatial sound support to resolve issues with some USB headsets
[PC] Fixed the functionality of the Field Of View option during the Benchmark session

World

Improved appearance of the water in caves
Removed some invisible collision in Siwa
Fixed various issues with the spawning of boats
Fixed a lighting issue in the Sunken Temple of Sarapeion
Fixed some floating NPCs, floating rocks, and other floating objects
Fixed various texturing issues

Gameplay

The selected cheat option for Bayek’s hair and beard will now remain saved
Improved various animations on the playable character
Improved the navigation of the playable character
Improved shield stance behavior while on vehicles or mounts
Improved NPCs and animals reactions and navigation
Improved Raging Axe’s boss fight behavior in Arena
Improved spawning delay on loot bags when killing NPCs
Improved shield charge behavior
Improved Follow Road mode
Revised fire damage taken by the playable character
Revised poison propagation
Made enemies of lower level than the player more challenging in Hard Mode
Fixed some loading issues while using Senu
Fixed some issues preventing the playable character from interacting with loot bags
Fixed an issue that allowed thrown torches to inflict poison or bleed effect
Fixed spear fight animation against some enemies
Fixed an issue with loot bag spawning in shallow water
Fixed an issue preventing crocodiles from being damaged while in water
Fixed an issue with the activation of slow-motion
Fixed various issues causing the playable character to be stuck
Fixed some camera clipping issues
Fixed some issues preventing bows to automatically sheathe
Fixed an issue where counterweights could remain stuck on the ceiling in the Tomb of Sneferu
Fixed an issue that could prevent Overpower Chain Throw from being used
Fixed an issue that could prevent Chain Attack from dealing damage when a spear is equipped
Fixed an issue that could prevent the player from interacting with the entrance of “Eesfet Oon-m’Aa Poo”
Fixed issue preventing Senu’s perception range from being taken into account when loading a save game
[PC] Fixed movement issues in Walk mode

Quests

Improved various cinematic transitions
Fixed an issue that could corrupt the playable character’s inventory after completing “Ambush at Sea” quest
Fixed an issue that could prevent the player from completing quests after returning to the title screen
Fixed various issues causing Quest objectives to disappear after desynchronization
Fixed various issues with Flavius during ‘’The Final Weighing’’ quest
Fixed an issue where the objective would not update during ‘’The Hungry River’’ quest
Fixed an issue with Theodoros who could stay in midair during ‘’A Rebel Alliance’’ quest
Fixed an issue where leader’s health could be restored during ‘’Plight of the Rebels’’ quest
Fixed various issues with Pothinus’ elephant during ‘’Battle of the Nile’’ quest
Fixed an issue with Hotephres’ ship being sunk in gameplay and cinematic during ‘’The Crocodile’s Scales’’ quest
Fixed an issue where the Planetarium Tunnel could remain closed after performing a save/load action
Fixed an issue where the “Wild Ride” quest would fail when getting on a chariot or a cart
Fixed an issue where objectives in the ‘’The Flea of Cyrene’’ quest would not properly update after performing a leap of faith from the Apollo Temple
Fixed various issues with the fight against the war elephant Herwennefer
Fixed issues preventing the ancient tablets to be interacted with
Fixed an issue which allowed the playable character to keep the “The Battle of the Nile” quest spear
Fixed issue where Apollodorus could remain stuck in a wall during ‘’Egypt’s Medjay’’ quest
Fixed dialogues that would sometime be missing from the cinematics of “Playing with Fire” quest
Fixed an issue that could prevent Hypatos from attacking the playable character in the quest “Homecoming”
Fixed an issue that could make Septimus invisible during “The Final Weighing” quest
Fixed various issues with Thutmose during “Blood in the Water” quest
Fixed an issue preventing the player from completing the quest “Fall of an Empire, Rise of Another” because he spawned as Bayek

Activities

Improved the spawning of enemies in the Cyrene Arena
Fixed an issue preventing the unlockables completed as Aya from carrying over to Bayek
Fixed various issues causing the playable character to be pushed out of the chariot while in Hippodrome races
Fixed an issue where the playable character could remain stuck in the Arena ‘’lobby’’

User Interface

The selected Map filter will now remain saved
Added sound feedback when switching the editing modes during Photo Mode
Added button mapping for petting Senu in the alternate control scheme
mapped to specific keys
Improved image resolution of crafting items
Improved fire visual effects on animals
Changed health gain visual feedback to display in green when hitting enemies
Fixed Senu’s marked location for the Tomb of Khufu
Fixed various issues with icons in the Map
Fixed an issue where the Photo Mode HUD could not appear
Fixed HUD modules that stayed hidden changing HUD Preset to ‘Show All’
Fixed the suggested level of some quests
for some their owners
Fixed multiple typos in the menus
[PS4] Fixed the Season Pass and Deluxe Pack showing up as “Coming Soon” in the Store
[PC] Added mouse support for rotating the character in the Gear menu
[PC] Added mouse and keyboard support to toggle Bayek’s hair and beard in Gear menu
Hide Arena HUD while in Photo Mode
[PC] Allowed triggering Call Mount and Animus Pulse on button Press when they are

Fully Fledged

Very good. I spent over 80 hours in it and will do more in the future.
AC:O's Egypt is just beautiful and full of interesting things to do.

Stactix

Might save this mission till last then.
I think Origins was made by the same team that made Black Flag? So next years AC will probably be shyte.

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
Might save this mission till last then.
I think Origins was made by the same team that made Black Flag? So next years AC will probably be shyte.
Is there any talk of where the series will go after this? The studio took a years break to focus on this one and reinvent itself a bit - a decision that has paid off given the game's reception. I am curious what their approach is for the next game.

I really like this game - granted, I have liked pretty much all of the AC games (sometimes in spite of their faults) but this is a very well executed game.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Had a bit of time to play something, so bought Black Flag as I kept seeing it mentioned. I must be about a fifth of the way in and it's already suffering from repetitiveness, like all ACs I've played in the past. Pirating is pretty samey, but the main problem is the lack of character and life to anywhere. Every stop feels like the last place.
Could be amazing too, if they nailed the atmosphere and improved on animations and stuff to make it more cinematic (diving into the water from 100m up feels like diving into a paddling pool). Should probably scrap the Assassin stuff next time and just make a pirate game.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Had a bit of time to play something, so bought Black Flag as I kept seeing it mentioned. I must be about a fifth of the way in and it's already suffering from repetitiveness, like all ACs I've played in the past. Pirating is pretty samey, but the main problem is the lack of character and life to anywhere. Every stop feels like the last place.
Could be amazing too, if they nailed the atmosphere and improved on animations and stuff to make it more cinematic (diving into the water from 100m up feels like diving into a paddling pool). Should probably scrap the Assassin stuff next time and just make a pirate game.
I was going to pick up Black Flag on the cheap just on the back of recommendations about the pirating stuff.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I was going to pick up Black Flag on the cheap just on the back of recommendations about the pirating stuff.
Yeah, it's like 7 quid on CDKeys. It's alright, but the pirating is very similar every time. Once you're boarding it's almost exactly the same. I had a feeling it'd be like this but people were raving about it everywhere.
There's still enjoyment to be had though. The best thing is the storms out at sea.

Schmiznurf

Well, Ubisoft got back to me and they tried to lay the blame at my feet by saying because the mission wasn't supposed to be there I must have accepted it before it was taken out or I must not have updated the game.

Except the mission was never there to begin with for me and wasn't there until a day or two before I did it and every update was applied immediately.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Yeah, it's like 7 quid on CDKeys. It's alright, but the pirating is very similar every time. Once you're boarding it's almost exactly the same. I had a feeling it'd be like this but people were raving about it everywhere.
There's still enjoyment to be had though. The best thing is the storms out at sea.
Nah, the shanties while youre sailing about are class too.

ovoxo

Is Origins worth it? For those who have it? I was left with a sour taste in my mouth from Unity. I didn’t even play the London one.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Well, Ubisoft got back to me and they tried to lay the blame at my feet by saying because the mission wasn't supposed to be there I must have accepted it before it was taken out or I must not have updated the game.

Except the mission was never there to begin with for me and wasn't there until a day or two before I did it and every update was applied immediately.
What the feck? Regardless of what you did, it's their fault anyway.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Is Origins worth it? For those who have it? I was left with a sour taste in my mouth from Unity. I didn’t even play the London one.
It's amazing. I'd rate it on par with mgs v in terms of how it takes a franchise into a different level.

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
It's one of the reasons why I hate that some games don't allow you to make hard saves.

If you're unsure whether you're fine or not with the patch but would like to do the mission, save a copy of the saved game data file into a pen or into the cloud (if not automatically updated) and try it out. I suppose that would work, unless your game data is also uploaded to Uplay, which I don't think it is.

El-Manos

Did not like Unity but Syndicate was good so I will probably purchase this one soon.

ovoxo