Academy Play-Off Semi-Final: United V Arsenal

SecondFig

Reece Brown overhits another cross, his delivery today has been disappointing. Arsenal looking tired now, United definitely seem to have more desire at the moment

SecondFig

Ajose possibly fouled in the area there, but as it was heading away from goal and was a nothing ball nothing given. Not too many complaints, one of those that would be given in the center circle but not as a penalty

PS18

Devlin's saved three penalties this season, another three would be nice now...

PS18

They probably edged it to be fair, it was all Arsenal in the first half.
Not sure I'd agree with that. They dominated the first half definitely but we were much the better side in the second half and in extra time, if anything I'd say we marginally edged it. They were clinging on pretty desperately at the end.

Horrible way to lose.

SecondFig

Frimpong, 5-3 to Arsenal.

Unlucky, neither side really deserved to lose.

Morrison and Ajose both impressed me today and were our main creative outlets. King struggled to really get into the game and was caught offside far too much. Thorpe looked good at the back and Fryers did well against dangerous opposition. Brown's distrubution was disapointing, especially from one of the more senior academy players.
Also Pogba impressed again coming off the bench.

Still, a good season overall and really think we've got some great prospects in that side. On to next year!

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
we played well in the second half and over the whole game I think we shaded it. We had two or three near things (think we had the better of the chances) and really should have made more of the chances we created. We defended well for most of the game and Morrison was our stand out player in midfield. His manipulation of the ball is of a very high standard.

Ryans unlucky to miss his penalty and he allowed the cross in for their goal (though he tracked back very well) but it was a good performance all round. We can be pleased. It's not nice to lose but it's a good learning experience for them and you can't win them all.

RedPhil1957

Did not deserve to loose that but Arsenal could have said the same. Thought we had better chances thoough and probably should have been awarded at least one penalty out of 3 possibles. Will keane has looked tired for his last two games and I thought we waited to long to take him off.

Morrison a class act lots of energy and also defended well when necessary.

Ajose always dangerous and beat their FB regularly

Both fullbacks defended pretty well but need to work on distribution especially Brown

Both CB played well.

King always lively the crowd behind the assistant ref were discusted at some of the offsides given.

Two very good sides