Academy v City (Away) 25th September

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Thanks, datura.

Edit; and lysglimt for relevant stats and the worst attempt at being funny in the history of the world.

datura

Thanks for the updates Datura.

M Keane has impressed me recently. Pretty chuffed he declared for Ireland aswell.
He's becoming pretty important to the side as he provides some much needed width and thrust down the flanks when we are playing without wingers. He's really come on of late.

Tunnicliffe was outstanding today too, drove the side on constantly. I think he was booked after the whistle, but it was hard to tell.

PS18

City's site amusingly reckons they dominated the game after Cofie's goal and that we just about hung on for a deserved draw :D

They also say Thorpe got booked - I don't remember that, unless it was him who got booked after the final whistle.

datura

On another day we would have won by 4/5 goals. If it wasn't for Frankie jnr they had nothing to worry us at the back. It was the most ordinary City side I've seen in a while at that level.

Good to meet you btw.

PS18

Likewise. Pretty sure the guy who wrote the City match report didn't even watch the game, judging by some of his descriptions.

lysglimt

Scout
No change at the top following yesterdays games - I still haven't got the result from Wolves vs Bolton - but Liverpool lost to Stoke, and Blackburn destroyed Everton 3-0

so Bolton will still be top regardless - Everton 2nd - us and City shared 3rd and Liverpool 5th.

Bunn has now scored 9 goals in 6 games - and has scored 9 of City's 15 goals. Those are impressing stats

datura

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Girish, if you were a carpenter and I was a lady, I would marry you anyway, I would have your baby.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
Pogba's very composed which is great, has a good touch, a great strike. But he needs to work on his defensive skills. He's not very mobile and isn't much of a help in a midfield two. Should up the effort.

datura

I think Pogba's loping gait is a little deceptive in terms of pace.

He's pretty solid defensively, the main area he has to work on is his temperament as he gets distracted in games and loses concentration if he feels he's been wronged.

MPTutd

I think he will do in around a months time once he is back to fuill fitness. However, I don't think that he would getting a starting place as Corry Evans and Eikrem are almost guaranteed CM positions at the moment.

Decotron

Pogba's very composed which is great, has a good touch, a great strike. But he needs to work on his defensive skills. He's not very mobile and isn't much of a help in a midfield two. Should up the effort.
:confused: Did you see his matches for France earlier this year?

As for the lack of effort ive never been left with that impression watching him