Film Action Heroines - Will Scarlett Johansen make a better Lara Croft?

Don Alfredo

Supports
Germany
Scarlett J is overused as action heroine. Also, brown hair is not the best fit for her. Red is fine and blonde is gorgeous

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Gemma Arterton
Kate Beckinsale
Lauren Cohan
Felicity Jones
Evangeline Lilly
Lynn Collins
Karen Gillan
Would have all been better choices despite some of their ages. Not a fan of Vikander at all.

For the obligatory NSFW version: Peta Jensen ;)

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I'm not a big fan of Scarlett, apart from her obvious merits... She just seems a bit one note. She's just so emotionless. I haven't seen Tomb Raider yet, so I can't comment on Alicia Vikander, but in the trailer she looked Lara Crofty enough?

If I have to pick someone else I'd go with Emilia Clarke! Nah, just kidding, don't lynch me. Jennifer Lawrence seems an obvious choice, but I'm suffering from Jlaw fatigue, so that's a no. Perhaps Brie Larson? Emma Watson for a more feminist Lara? Sierra Skye for ehm, giving me an excuse to google her?

Brie Larson, final answer.

kps88

Tessa Thompson would've been great.
Yep. She would have done great.

It's hard to make a Tomb Raider movie anything special though so in a way I'm glad she's not getting wasted in that.

Hal9000

I liked Alicia Vikander, she fits in with the Lara of the 'modern' Tomb Raider. Angelina fitted in with the older style.

Revan

Assumptionman
She is too small for someone who is supposed to be that strong. Liked Alicia Vikander in the role, but there could have been better choices. Gal Gadot would have obviously been the best choice.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
Johansson would be a rather bland Lara Croft after playing the roles of Black Widow, Lucy, and worst of all — Motoko :rolleyes:.

If Hollywood weren't so unimaginative and rife with cronyism, Adèle Haenel would make for a great Lara Croft: fairly broad acting range (Orpheline, The Unknown Girl, Les Diables, House of Tolerance), statuesque, and fits the at times stern aesthetic of Lara: