Adama Traore

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Let me put it this way: imagine United had him instead of Wan Bissaka

Strelok

Well, the problem is at City,Chelsea, United or Pool he would never get this space behind. Means, you will have the ball but you just won't know what to do with it.
Bang on. That's why no big club is interested.

Trequarista10

He's a really likeable player to watch. For his sake, I'd like to see him play as a winger in a 442, less emphasis on end product and just let him run at his full back all day long, carrying the ball from the first or middle third of the pitch into the final third. He should really be focusing on increasing his stamina though.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Yeah, Adama will be on the bench and Dalot will be our RB.
Nah. Adama would solve so many of your midfield problems actually

Wan Bissaka increasingly looks like a situational player btw. Fine against big sides, but pretty useless most of the time. Dalot should start over him soon

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

Wan Bissaka increasingly looks like a situational player btw. Fine against big sides, but pretty useless most of the time. Dalot should start over him soon
Not sure how that would work, our strongest position is attack and especially wings with players like Rashford, Sancho, Greenwood, Martial all capable of playing there.

Adama won't/can't play as RB. He has great burst of pace and plays at awesome pace but his stamina level is very poor. He won't be running up and down the wing all game to play as RB.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Not sure how that would work, our strongest position is attack and especially wings with players like Rashford, Sancho, Greenwood, Martial all capable of playing there.

Adama won't/can't play as RB. He has great burst of pace and plays at awesome pace but his stamina level is very poor. He won't be running up and down the wing all game to play as RB.
You think so? I dunno. Even if he can only last 60 minutes that would still be very valuable.

Btw he has played as a wingback a few times and was great there, didn't have particular issues with stamina either

United's biggest problem is your midfielders can't bring the ball forward reliably, so you have to rely on Shaw on Maguire to do that, or Bruno/Pogba/Etc have to drop deeper. Wan Bissaka offers nothing in this regard either. Adama basically can't be pressed, and can get past the first line of defence quickly and consistently.

On a great team i think he'd be a cheat code in build up. Theo at milan is similar, and adama is even faster and stronger and a much superior dribbler. And in attack he's a much bigger threat out wide than people give him credit for. Again, his underlying numbers are really good compared to wingbacks. His final ball is pretty good actually. Just teach him to make off ball runs :D

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
You think so? I dunno. Even if he can only last 60 minutes that would still be very valuable.

Btw he has played as a wingback a few times and was great there, didn't have particular issues with stamina either

United's biggest problem is your midfielders can't bring the ball forward reliably, so you have to rely on Shaw on Maguire to do that, or Bruno/Pogba/Etc have to drop deeper. Wan Bissaka offers nothing in this regard either. Adama basically can't be pressed, and can get past the first line of defence quickly and consistently.

On a great team i think he'd be a cheat code in build up. Theo at milan is similar, and adama is even faster and stronger and a much superior dribbler. And in attack he's a much bigger threat out wide than people give him credit for. Again, his underlying numbers are really good compared to wingbacks. His final ball is pretty good actually. Just teach him to make off ball runs :D
Or we can just sign a proper CM. That works too.

IMO Adama should be played as attacker, point of counter attack where he can take entire defense by himself, unsettle them and create space for other attackers. He did very well when he played as attacker and then he was moved deeper for some odd reason. His numbers won't be good but he is always better than what his numbers says (with goals and assists).

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20

We don't play 352 (atleast not now) and Adama as a RB won't be a nice fit. In case of a wing back, I agree he is just perfect. Believe Spurs is already trying for him.

dal

I think traores passing and crossing is quite good when I’ve watched him it’s usually his finishing which severely let’s him down.

RUCK4444

I’m usually inclined to call him a headless chicken but I thought overall his decision making yesterday was spot on, they just couldn’t put away a chance.

I haven’t seen a player bully a team like that in a while. That said I still don’t know what to make of him tbh.

Josep Dowling

I would call him an all fart and no poo type of player. Makes decent runs but has no final product, and that’s why he will never be a top class player.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Entertaining to watch. He’s a freight train when he gets going. I’d say a club like Spurs should take a punt and see what they can get out of him. As an option off the bench playing on the counter, he would least push teams back

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
No defender in the world could stop him when hes running at full speed. In fact its like putting yourself in front of a truck.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
No defender in the world could stop him when hes running at full speed. In fact its like putting yourself in front of a truck.
You don’t need to touch a player to stop him. Just time your toe right.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!

Dalot is gone I think.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
He got less scary as the game went on. I’ve never seen a player look so threatening and yet so useless at the same time.
He blows up after a while due to his size. He’s a sprinter not a middle distance runner which is more compatible with sports like football

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Surprised someone hasnt taken a punt on him at a higher level than Wolves, like a Leicester, Arsenal, or Spurs.

Deery

Dreary
Was genuinely frightening when he got the ball yesterday but ultimately done absolutely nothing in the final act, such a strange player I’d never want him in my team..

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
The timing of these posts are weird. He was probably their best player and his end product was fine yesterday. His teammates poor finishing was the problem.

Chairman Steve

I swear every season he puts in a performance like this against one of the top teams, then everyone waxes lyrical about how he’ll be at one of those said top teams in no time, then disappears for a third of the season. Rinse and repeat.

Drainy

you can’t be serious. He drew two defenders and Trincao only had the keeper to beat :houllier:
The ball was bouncing all over the place. It was a poor pass. A good pass would have made it easy, a bobbler like that makes it harder to control. Its pretty obvious.. Houllier yourself

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
He's fast and he's bad at the final ball.

That's the comparison
He’s a much a better dribbler than James. Like noticeably better. Daniel James isn’t even in the same tier as Traore regardless of how bad you think his final ball is

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
The ball was bouncing all over the place. It was a poor pass. A good pass would have made it easy, a bobbler like that makes it harder to control. Its pretty obvious.. Houllier yourself
Watch the play again. If he plays a ground pass Maguire likely intercepts he pass. This isn’t FIFA. That pass was fine, you guys are just piling on him b/c he wasted chances in the previous two matches. He did ok for both of the big chances he created vs United

Drainy

Watch the play again. If he plays a ground pass Maguire likely intercepts he pass. This isn’t FIFA. That pass was fine, you guys are just piling on him b/c he wasted chances in the previous two matches. He did ok for both of the big chances he created vs United
If football was won by just dribbling really fast he'd be great. Sadly for him, it isn't.
Its his responsibility to not just 'find the man' but also to make it easy by placing it where it is easy to strike cleanly/ take on with a touch and with the right speed and trajectory to make it workable. Its why his numbers are poor for the danger he provokes during a game.

Having rewatching it again - it does only bounce the once, but the speed, pitch and spin made it a hard finish

Last edited:

Baneofthegame

He was great in the first half, can’t remember him doing too much the second half.

From what I recall AWB saved a certain goal with a last ditch tackle, no idea how you think Dalot will be starting, he’d get abused defensively.