Adebayor, the man, the legend

ZAGREB RED

End of the day, it's him that loses out, but with all the talent he had if he had combined it with hard work he could have been an unbelievable player. I remember around 07/08 or thereabouts he was one of the best strikers around,was never really the same after he left Arsenal.
I think the old expression "his best days were never played" applies to him.
Don't like or dislike him, but would have loved to have seen him playing for United at his peak. Sure there was a story going round his agent phoned SAF just before he left Arsenal for City to see if United were interested but obviously the answer was no.
That game against Arsenal for City, did he not boot RvP in the face when he was lying on the ground ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
He came across as a bit of an arsehole after he left Arsenal for City (although the celebration was hilarious) but I remember doing a bit of a 180 on him during the 2010 WC when he was one of the pundits and seemed very friendly and laid-back. Very talented and was superb for a time in 07-08 but clearly didn't care all that much...still managed to forge out an alright career with himself.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
He came across as a bit of an arsehole after he left Arsenal for City (although the celebration was hilarious) but I remember doing a bit of a 180 on him during the 2010 WC when he was one of the pundits and seemed very friendly and laid-back. Very talented and was superb for a time in 07-08 but clearly didn't care all that much...still managed to forge out an alright career with himself.
Think I recall him being unplayable every time he had less than 6 months left on a contract. So Hangeland hits the nail on the head regarding his talent and laziness. Could have been a top tier striker if he was 100 % arsed all the time.