Adrien Rabiot | signs 1 year deal at Juventus. See you all next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redcy

His mom will negociate crazy wages the he'll come here. Can't believe we're in. Can't stand this sulking primadonna and his trouble making mom/agent.
Arnautovic rumours are even worse.
Thought we hit rock bottom a while ago but apparently we're still digging
yeah people thinking he will come on low wages are kidding themselves. Bare minimum will be 30m over 5 years, I suspect we will pay him nearer 45m over 5 years

OneReligion

yeah people thinking he will come on low wages are kidding themselves. Bare minimum will be 30m over 5 years, I suspect we will pay him nearer 45m over 5 years
Edit: got the maths way wrong, thank god

I have no idea how I feel about this signing. After Sunday I think we need anything in midfield, but then I remember it’s Adrien Rabiot and I get a bit sad. Hopefully he proves me wrong if he ends up here.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
More likely a sign of his ego and desire not to have to do all the running, DM is not a sexy position. I cant remember the quote now, think it was Redknapp who said all the worst young players claim they are a number 10, or behind the striker
Do you actually know the player? Rabiot has never claimed to be a number 10 nor an attacking player, he has never refused to defend or run. The point about Rabiot is that when he was 20-21, he preferred to play Matuidi's role than Thiago Motta's.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I am a bit worried about the wage, surely we can't be giving him 175k a week? That presents a big gamble for me.

Redcy

Do you actually know the player? Rabiot has never claimed to be a number 10 nor an attacking player
I shouldn’t have put that in there it was a generic comment not meant to relate to rabiot,it was just an interesting comment I remember hearing many years ago.

Redcy

I am a bit worried about the wage, surely we can't be giving him 175k a week? That presents a big gamble for me.
I expect we might offer him at least that. Not even sure if that wage is net, I can’t find any definitive answer online

Matt851

I find it hard to imagine he won't be the latest dead wood we can't move on in a couple of years. Seems like a small improvement on mctominay with a whole lot of baggage

JPRouve

Scout
I shouldn’t have put that in there it was a generic comment not meant to relate to rabiot,it was just an interesting comment I remember hearing many years ago.
The rest isn't better, Rabiot hasn't had issue running or defending. His issue as a young player was that he wanted to be all action instead of the fairly static role played by Thiago Motta.

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
Clearly not a top choice target otherwise he'd have been in at the start of the window. But trying to think of the positives to this deal:

- Better than what we have (once you ignore the pass completion stats nonsense which is doing the rounds on social media).
- Cheap fee - 15m doesn't get you much these days
- Decent age and will have a point to prove
- Spent time as a kid in Manchester / Stockport so speaks English.

Redcy

Clearly not a top choice target otherwise he'd have been in at the start of the window. But trying to think of the positives to this deal:

- Better than what we have (once you ignore the pass completion stats nonsense which is doing the rounds on social media).
50m in wages , completely unable to be sold if it goes wrong

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
More likely a sign of his ego and desire not to have to do all the running, DM is not a sexy position. I cant remember the quote now, think it was Redknapp who said all the worst young players claim they are a number 10, or behind the striker
Nothing to do with running, he wanted to play as box to box role (Emery implied that) and that involves lot more running than playing a disciplined DM role.

As per Athletic, he covered 2nd most distance in Juve side, also Emery said " When you want to play with a defensive, creative and box-to-box-midfielders in fixed positions, Rabiot finds himself confronted to a problem. He has to run, run, run and not play in a fixed position statically. And even less so with his back turned on the action. "

which says more about him wanting to run and run rather than be a static DM.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
When did this trend started, adding total wages over the length of contract and make the number look much bigger.

RedEM10

Sweaty Foot Monster

Good to see a normal logical post. I'm certain the majority have no idea what rabiot is like and are jumping on the wagon of some negative tweets and posts

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
why oh why are people so worried about wages? It's not your money - and, of course you have no real idea whether he'll be paid £1 per minute or £1m per minute. If this club doesn't have the money to even pay their targets' wages we really are deep in the manure.

Is he good enough, will he fit in are the only things I worry about. I don't worry whether the bloke in front of me at the petrol station can pay for a full tank or just enough to get home

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Reports are saying he wants CL football, we might not even be a temptation for a mediocre midfielder like Rabiot.

Scary.
Impressive if both Rabbit and Arnautovic reject us.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Yeah neither of these things are going to happen. So let’s just take this Improvement over McFred. At least Rabiot can play for a top 6 side.
I like transfers like any other guy and I would love to see us involving ourselves in bargains. However this is not so. Rabiot is trouble mate. His mother/agent is a Karen, he came to blows with Ibra and he was pushed out the door at PSG and Juventus. Considering we're in panic mode I might have understood us going for him if he was half decent. I mean I'd rather see us sign Icardi than the crap we're being linked to at the moment. But Rabiot isn't even good either. I got this cruel tag for praising Marotta-Paratici a bit too much for the mods taste. If you ask me, its more appropriate to United then to me at this point.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
We are low on numbers in CM and are also chasing an attacker still. £70m for De Jong, £15m for Rabiot is £85m, an attacker for £50m means the transfer window spending would be high once again.

Rabiot for £15m is cheap and adds numbers to midfield and also means McFred aren't starting every week.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
why oh why are people so worried about wages? It's not your money - and, of course you have no real idea whether he'll be paid £1 per minute or £1m per minute. If this club doesn't have the money to even pay their targets' wages we really are deep in the manure.

Is he good enough, will he fit in are the only things I worry about. I don't worry whether the bloke in front of me at the petrol station can pay for a full tank or just enough to get home
It’s pretty obvious why - it sets (and has already set in stone at this club, really) a dangerous precedent of having to overpay every single player you sign or extend a contract for. When said player doesn’t perform (which is basically most if not all of our signings these days) we massively struggle to get them out of the door to replace them with newer underperformers.

We let Alex Telles go on loan for nothing as Sevilla could just about afford to pay his wage in full. Players like Bailly, Wan Bissaka, Lingard, Tuanzebe et al. are names we’ve tried for a while or are currently trying to get out the club but their massive wage is a stumbling block for anyone who would be interested.

Wezzaldo

I have an idea, and I know it’s a really strange concept for some of our fans, how about if we sign him we get behind him and support him? Let’s not condemn him before he kicks a ball for us.

Plenty of players have stagnated but then realised potential under the right manager and in the right system. I for one will back him until he gives a reason not to. Not the reverse.

Judas

Open to offers

Totally fine to worry about the wages when we’ve spaffed so much on players in that department before and left us stuck with them. The not our money argument really doesn’t wash on this matter as it’s totally something that should be a concern.

he’s not good enough and won’t fit in either.

worldinmotion66

The difference with this as opposed to other deadwood like baily or wan bissaka, is that we won't spend much in terms of a fee, so there's less emphasis on recouping that money.

If he's an absolute flop, he can be loaned out and we don't have to chase our losses. It's a £15m gamble. Who can we get for that sort of money this late in the window that isn't going to be a massive gamble?

Mainoldo

I like transfers like any other guy and I would love to see us involving ourselves in bargains. However this is not so. Rabiot is trouble mate. His mother/agent is a Karen, he came to blows with Ibra and he was pushed out the door at PSG and Juventus. Considering we're in panic mode I might have understood us going for him if he was half decent. I mean I'd rather see us sign Icardi than the crap we're being linked to at the moment. But Rabiot isn't even good either. I got this cruel tag for praising Marotta-Paratici a bit too much for the mods taste. If you ask me, its more appropriate to United then to me at this point.
Was he not a starter and league winner with both PSG and Juventus? I can understand if he was playing for Bologna:nervous: But we are talking about a top level footballer here. We currently have McFred. This is the kind of signing Atletico Madrid makes and they just schooled us with experience 3 times this year.

devilish

The difference with this as opposed to other deadwood like baily or wan bissaka, is that we won't spend much in terms of a fee, so there's less emphasis on recouping that money.

If he's an absolute flop, he can be loaned out and we don't have to chase our losses. It's a £15m gamble. Who can we get for that sort of money this late in the window that isn't going to be a massive gamble?
who would want the guy and his mum on loan? This guy is pure acid.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Totally fine to worry about the wages when we’ve spaffed so much on players in that department before and left us stuck with them. The not our money argument really doesn’t wash on this matter as it’s totally something that should be a concern.

he’s not good enough and won’t fit in either.
why is it a concern to you? it may be a concern for the club of course but it doesn't worry me a jot - just like I don't give a monkey's what my next door neighbour earns

JPRouve

Scout
He wasn't pushed out of PSG, he isn't trouble in the dressing room that part that you are trying to share is total nonsense and the part about Ibrahimovic is interesting because he pointed the finger at something that was true at PSG, Ibrahimovic and his click were unprofessional and protected, Ibrahimovic was known to be disrespectful toward certain teammates while the south americans and Verratti were constantly partying coming late, sometimes hungover without repercussion.

devilish

Was he not a starter and league winner with both PSG and Juventus? I can understand if he was playing for Bologna:nervous: But we are talking about a top level footballer here. We currently have McFred. This is the kind of signing Atletico Madrid makes and they just schooled us with experience 3 times this year.
I tell you mate he was incredibly inconsistent during most of his time at Juventus. Just go and watch Howson's video on him as he describes it in far more detail then I can ever do.

Bondi77

If we bring this guy in I would urge James Garner to put in a transfer request!

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
There's a piece on Sky Sports that makes his mum sound a bit like a certain recently deceased Italian agent... :D

gorky_utd

We are low on numbers in CM and are also chasing an attacker still. £70m for De Jong, £15m for Rabiot is £85m, an attacker for £50m means the transfer window spending would be high once again.

Rabiot for £15m is cheap and adds numbers to midfield and also means McFred aren't starting every week.
The only good thing about this transfer.

Matt851

He will be on massive wages that no one else will match so we will have to cover part of the wages if we try to get rid of him

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
If we bring this guy in I would urge James Garner to put in a transfer request!
Garner has done nothing to prove he deserves a chance. Yes he’s a big talent but do you think it’s wise to throw him in, in an already low on confidence squad? Toxic fanbase? One mistake and he’s done.

Bed him in slowly in cup games.

Redcy

why is it a concern to you? it may be a concern for the club of course but it doesn't worry me a jot - just like I don't give a monkey's what my next door neighbour earns
because if it goes wrong, and let’s be honest this guy is a massive fecking gamble anyway, we are left with a player taking up a a squad spot on 175k a week.

if you don’t see that as a problem that’s why we have players like martial, Jones, Bailly, etc who most of us wantrid of but can’t get takers for.

why people think if he doesn’t work out other teams would take him on loan?

JPRouve

Scout
Is there any mention of figures for a potential salary?

Status
Not open for further replies.