Adrien Rabiot | signs 1 year deal at Juventus. See you all next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

OpenIntrovert

Are you talking about the posts on the Juventuz forum? I had a look through the entire forum yesterday. They hate everyone apart from their new toy (Pogba)

Literally want everyone gone or they are useless.

Toxic forum that is.

Also look at it from the other way. We all wanted Pogba gone because hes a waster -to them he is the best player in the world coming back
Forums are never a true representation of the actual fans. Normally those who go to the forums (not all) tend to be the armchair, 0 or 1 type of fans with no true feelings about the club.

Betson

If this signing had been made early in the window I don't think there would have been near as much negativity towards it.

It is not the signing itself but the circumstances that have brought it about , we could have had this deal done in the first week of the window if it was part of any joined up plan.

Our transfer strategy this summer has always looked from the outside as a bit shambolic. But many of us had hoped that inside the process there was more planning and thought going on and they know more than we do and deals were been done for specific targets that would arrive.

But with this and the Arnautović approach it has become clear that our strategy on the inside was yest again as shambolic as it looked on the outside and we are back to scatter gun panic approach of signing players.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
What does that tell you about De Jong?
That he doesn't want to come and we're embarrassing ourselves chasing him.

Even if he wants to come we should have set a deadline which could have been 10 days before the season begins and told him and barcelona if he isn't signed by then we're withdrawing our bid.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
If we loan him to the right team he will do well. I just fear if we sold him now we would be kicking ourselves in the near future. I want to see him play consistent PL football.
We could pull a Chelsea with Livramento — £20m transfer fee for Garner with a £40/45m buyback clause if he turns out quite good.

Woodzy

Rabiot AND De Jong would be a massive upgrade on Fred and Mctominay.
Exactly. Just Rabiot then time for meltdowns but the two of them means we are getting much more than we bargained for in midfield this summer.

I do think the intention is to get both, but I’m not sure we will manage to get De Jong unfortunately.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Partici brought in Bentencar who was a bench player to Rabiot and Dejan who also couldn’t get a game :lol:

Your just leading with opinions and not actually logic. I thought Arnautovic was a joke to be honest. But let’s just make the manager work. Conte brought Vicktor Moses and Ashley Young for Inter. They went from 4/5th to second.
Bentancur was once one of the most rated players at Juventus. Then he lost his way mainly to a quick succession of managers all demanding different things from him. Rabiot and his mum are frigging toxic and all for a player who, quite frankly, is not very good

SuperiorXI

I've never seen him play, all I've seen is stat whores comparing him to McTominay and Scott comes out on top(!)

Please tell me he's better than McFred...

Godfather

Still can't get over the fact we are in for him as a probable alternative to De Jong. He's so average at everything. I would be fine with this if we go for FdJ or SMS as well but I'm really not sure we are.

fps

If he’s fit this would be a good signing. Improvement on what we have.

RuudTom83

But haven’t United also agreed a deal with Barca.

Last year it took forever to prepare the bids. This year is after the bid is accepted that the long wait begins.

Who knows what the clowns at the club are doing anymore.

Jacob

Comparing McTominay to anyone with stats prove how misleading stats can be.

Even a blind man can tell Scott is not cut out for premier league football.

jamesjimmybyrondean

I'm more concerned about what happens after this signing now. If we miss out on De Jong, do still look to sign another midfielder or just settle for only Rabiot. We've been linked with SMS but I don't see where he fits even with the inclusion of Rabiot

Mainoldo

Bentancur was once one of the most rated players at Juventus. Then he lost his way mainly to a quick succession of managers all demanding different things from him. Rabiot and his mum are frigging toxic and all for a player who, quite frankly, is not very good
You just gave two set of excuses. I don’t see no difference.

eire-red

Exactly. Just Rabiot then time for meltdowns but the two of them means we are getting much more than we bargained for in midfield this summer.

I do think the intention is to get both, but I’m not sure we will manage to get De Jong unfortunately.
I hope we get both, as we need two players for sure in midfield. But if the intention was to get Rabiot and De Jong, why wait until now to go for Rabiot when it seems like he's happy to leave and Juventus are happy to sell?

Feels more like a knee-jerk after the loss to Brighton and reports that De Jong wants to stay in Barca. If we wanted both, the Rabiot deal should have been done in July and it would have been received much better with the expectation of further reinforcements along with him.

redcucumber

This is the same Juventus who have loaned out Kulusevski to Spurs, too. They're not exactly thinking straight either right now.
Were Juve fans jumping for joy when Kulusevski left? They can't seem to believe their luck that we're taking Rabiot off their hands.

Dazzmondo

Still can't get over the fact we are in for him as a probable alternative to De Jong. He's so average at everything. I would be fine with this if we go for FdJ or SMS as well but I'm really not sure we are.
It's starting to sound like we might be after SMS too tbf. SMS couldn't really play a dm role so if there is one potentially good thing about getting Rabiot it might be that it allows us to play SMS alongside him and he is a really quality player.

r3idy

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I've never seen him play, all I've seen is stat whores comparing him to McTominay and Scott comes out on top(!)

Please tell me he's better than McFred...
He's getting a lot of heat on here about supposed bad attitude. Ultimately he left PSG on a free and was seen as a problem player. Not entirely true and as some have commentated, he's been a relatively good lad over in Turin. Back to your question, is he an upgrade on Fred and McTominay, for sure he is. He is technically sound. Little things like awareness on the pitch, as a midfielder he is always scanning. Look at Fred where he made the pass into Dalot first half on the edge of his own box. Completely unaware of what is going on. Same for McTominay.

redcucumber

Whenever I've watched Rabiot he's always struck me as being incredibly average. There was quite a lot of talk surrounding him as a young player so I was always intrigued to see him, and was always underwhelmed whenever I did. It's also weird to imagine the club bringing him in knowing what sort of character his mum is. It feels like a bit of a desperate move.

devilish

You just gave two set of excuses. I don’t see no difference.
Bentancur was a 24 year old top talent who lost his way mainly because Juventus kept changing managers/formations. No one had ever questioned his attitude and all he needed is someone who coached him back to top quality football. Paratici knew the kid well having brought him to Juventus himself and he knew that Conte could work his magic with the guy. Rabiot is 27 so there's little room for improvement at this point. Even if ETH was to suddenly improve him we'll still be left with an A Class cnut and his toxic mum as his agent

Mainoldo

Bentancur was a 24 year old top talent who lost his way mainly because Juventus kept changing managers/formations. No one had ever questioned his attitude and all he needed is someone who coached him back to top quality football. Paratici knew the kid well having brought him to Juventus himself and he knew that Conte could work his magic with the guy. Rabiot is 27 so there's little room for improvement at this point. Even if ETH was to suddenly improve him we'll still be left with an A Class cnut and his toxic mum as his agent
Bro. Give it a rest. It’s the same thing. You just don’t like him. Rabiot is a first team Juventus player regardless of what midfielders they have got or brought in. He’s also first teamer for France and we know there midfielder list.

Teja

Just go sign Paredes. He's on their transfer list, it can't be that hard.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Bro. Give it a rest. It’s the same thing. You just don’t like him. Rabiot is a first team Juventus player regardless of what midfielders they have got or brought in. He’s also first teamer for France and we know there midfielder list.
He is a second teamer.

devilish

No its not but if you wish to stick your head in the sand go for it. Let me ask you a question though. If he was so good then why we didn't go for him immediately? Why no one else want him?

Status
Not open for further replies.