Adrien Rabiot | signs 1 year deal at Juventus. See you all next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suv666

If the probability is high of it not working out then walk away. What is the actual point in making this mistake?
Feck knows probably because we're desperate so going for riskier bets.

I would honestly sign no one than Rabiot. Guy couldn't do it in Seria A and UberEats its delusional to think he'd be above average in the PL.

Loony BoB

£8.46m on today's exchange rate.

https://www.spotrac.com/epl/manchester-united-fc/payroll/

My understanding is our players are on 25% less than what is shown in the link above as they didn't qualify for the Champions League. If that's the case, he's asking to become our 7th highest paid player, ahead of Rashford, Maguire, Erikesen, Shaw, Fred, Lindelof, Martinez - but behind Ronaldo, DDG, Sancho, Varane, Martial and Bruno.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Feck knows probably because we're desperate so going for riskier bets.

I would honestly sign no one than Rabiot. Guy couldn't do it in Seria A and UberEats its delusional to think he'd be above average in the PL.
Agree

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
I recall you telling me they could afford his wages. Now your saying his wages are ridiculous. So are you claiming we can’t afford what Monaco would be willing to pay?
Nowhere did I state us or Monaco couldn’t afford anything. I said he’s not worth the wages. Entirely different thing. Not sure where you’re getting this from.

Loony BoB

I recall you telling me they could afford his wages. Now your saying his wages are ridiculous. So are you claiming we can’t afford what Monaco would be willing to pay?
For what it's worth, it's perfectly possible to say that we can afford his wages while still seeing the wages as ridiculous. We can afford Ronaldo's wages, clearly, but I still think those wages are ridiculous.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
For what it's worth, it's perfectly possible to say that we can afford his wages while still seeing the wages as ridiculous. We can afford Ronaldo's wages, clearly, but I still think those wages are ridiculous.
Exactly the two are not mutually exclusive.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Perhaps Monaco tax system means wage may be less, but take home is comparable to the higher wage in UK?
Only for foreign players. The player that take the most money home would be Nubel. Ben Yedder earns 650k gross per month while Nubel earns 400k net, last year Fabregas was on 600k net.

Johan77

Perhaps Monaco tax system means wage may be less, but take home is comparable to the higher wage in UK?
125k is before tax, he has 109k after tax. The tax in Monaco are generous...
Compare to PSG in Paris. Mbappe earns 1465k (you read it right) before tax, in Paris that's 806k after tax

RatPack

An article in Denmark said Juventus needs to sell him to proceed with their purchase of Paredes from PSG.
Would Paredes be a better choice and should we have tried to sign him instead?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
125k is before tax, he has 109k after tax. The tax in Monaco are generous...
Compare to PSG in Paris. Mbappe earns 1465k (you read it right) before tax, in Paris that's 806k after tax
That's not correct. French nationals pay french income taxes in Monaco.

Mainoldo

Of course but when your point is he’s not going Monaco because they can’t afford his wages I don’t get why fans are shocked when he’s requesting the wages ‘apparently’ requested.

Too much opinionated emotional responses on here. Get with reality.

dubplate warrior

Most of these stats are useless since he was playing in Ligue 1 where PSG dominates and has the ball most of the time, of course he's going to have a very high number of passes.
To be fair I think United will have their fair share of possession this season.

Loony BoB

Of course but when your point is he’s not going Monaco because they can’t afford his wages I don’t get why fans are shocked when he’s requesting the wages ‘apparently’ requested.

Too much opinionated emotional responses on here. Get with reality.
I think you're reading my post with far more emotion than I'm putting into it. I was simply stating facts in a very calm way. If you think I need to get with reality because of what I said, I'm a little confused, if anything.

Mainoldo

I think you're reading my post with far more emotion than I'm putting into it. I was simply stating facts in a very calm way. If you think I need to get with reality because of what I said, I'm a little confused, if anything.
I wasn’t referring to you ;)

Loony BoB

I think it's fair. 150 would've been a good compromise. Less than half of Sancho is telling.
Personal opinion: I don't think we should judge wages by the highest earners when bringing in someone who didn't perform well last season. Sancho's wages were based on his far-superior performances in a superior league.

Loony BoB

I wasn’t referring to you ;)
Ah, fair enough. When it comes to others, though, I still think it's best to assume as little emotion as possible unless they're going into some kind of full rage. But I do admit sometimes I probably read more into posts than was intended, too.

prateik

Bringing up his stats from 3 years ago makes sense..
We are all living in the past...

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Exactly this. Just screams of a panic buy, added on the top of the fact that this is a horrible deal for a player Juventus want out and has 1 yr left on his contract.

There were so so many options for our midfield this summer, and we went for Rabiot for 20M and another AM on a free?

We had two main issues in the midfield. Someone to screen the defence, and someone to link play and get the ball to the attackers. We have solved neither problems. Just abysmal from Murtough and co.
This for me is my biggest gripe.

I’m happy that we’ve got a young LB like Malacia and Martinez looks a good passer from CB too. Eriksen also is a sensible free transfer but these weren’t what I’d consider the fundamental flaws in our side.

Castia

Absolute shite

We're getting further and further behind the top 6. We're not even in the same breath as the top 2 anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.