Current club: Arsenal FC

Contract expires: 30.06.2023
Date of last contract extension: Jun 12, 2018
Outfitter: Nike​

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
We really are all over the place

kode

we want a right back because Williams is not a left footer (well at least its one of the reason from the media) now we want a right footer ....
this one would be just non-sense

Devil81

Think he's a decent player myself.

I'd happily take him for our squad.

ti vu

Could mean Telles is off?
Perhaps. But I am not gutted if so. AMN is decent option, and proven in PL. I have my doubt about Telles ability to adapt to PL physicality.

Incoming Romaro claim about mystery LB

Classical Mechanic

I think there's be a lot on here that would prefer him to AWB on the right and seeing him play a bit. Doubt it's true though. Not convinced about him at left back at all.

Crustanoid

If we are in for him we truly are in the gutter.

(actually this is nothing new - we've been the laughing stick of world football in the transfer market for years)

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

Amarsdd

so we're at the point of believing every BS on twitter, are we? .. and getting angry about it?

Red_toad

We really are all over the place
No it’s just the gullible people who think there’s an ounce of truth in every tweet. It’s ever window, same crap just gobbled up by the gullible.
We are 100% not after a right back. Anyone who thinks we are needs to give their head a wobble.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
In the minority here for sure but feel we need right back competition more than left back. And no, I don't consider Dalot, Fosu-Mensah as competition.
If it wasn't for Shaw's injury record I would agree. We still do need better competition for right back though... but that's largely 'cos I don't really rate Williams.

Hoof the ball

I mean, if you watched him vs. Liverpool and still think he's good, then I don't know what to say, but let's assume it was a bad game...........then go and ask Arsenal fans on Reddit what they think. They'd drive him to Manchester for the price we're rumoured to be offering. No thanks. Attacks always break down on the counter when he gets on the ball.

starman

I actually quite like him, he reminds me of Miller in his versatility, the difference is Miller had his time playing in his best position first, which Niles never has had, which is as a box to box mid, imo.
If we are signing him as a LB, no thanks.

Last edited:

Suvvernmanc

Helping to fund the arsenal rebuild with an average player like maitland-niles fills me with anger.. thankfully it's never going to happen.

Sea-Cow

In relative terms he is. A shit Arsenal team don’t even want him.
I think they do want him, and he has been playing quite a lot recently, including their FA Cup run.

Its maybe dumb to continue this since the rumor was outlandish to begin with and has been shot down, but I just disagree that he is shit, in any terms. I was impressed with him a few years ago in a game at Old Trafford when he played center mid, and have really been impressed the few times I've seen him since. He is an incredible athlete, and can adequately cover a number of positions. I remember a game under Jose I think at the Emirates that Tony Martial came into on a run of good form. He was playing off the left and was up against Maitland-Niles filling in at rightback, and I thought Martial would attack him and we could hit them at that vulnerability. But instead he got next to nothing and Maitland-Niles was easily up to the challenge.

I think he'd be a John O'Shea in his prime type squad option. But obviously others disagree!

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Pretty much the last thing we need. We already have McTominay as our designated overrated British Midfielder we don’t need another.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Think he's a decent player myself.

I'd happily take him for our squad.
6 months later, you'll say, " we need to clear out the deadwood", while looking in the direction of Mr Maitland-Niles.
We need to avoid bloating the squad with deadwood.