Alan Velasco

Ekeke

19 year old LAM/LW and AM playing for Independiente in Argentina

A combination of quick dribbling and chance creation, he averages 4.9 dribbles(!), winning 3 fouls and 2.1 key passes per game leading to 4 assists in his 15 matches so far this season.

Historically not too many of the top clubs go into the Argentine market and take the outstanding young attacking talents straight away, unlike the Brazilian league where top clubs are regularly snatching up young attackers. So he may have to go to another club and perform there to make his way to a big club, if he makes it. Maybe a Europa League level team. Seems to me whoever that stepping stone club is that takes him for a couple of seasons will make a lot of money then selling him on to a bigger club

Edit - The previous dribbler in the Argentine league, who I remember suggesting in the "How to rebuild Barcelona" thread a year or so ago signed for Man City. I didnt realize that. He's currently on loan at Girona in the Spanish second league. So it'll be interesting to see where he is a year from now too. Not sure if he'll make it at City but if not he should be an exciting player for a good team.

Last edited: