Music Albums you've rediscovered after ages

Gina11

Supports
Liverpool FC
Lately, I've been listening to Yes. Simply because I'd never really heard them before. But I'm not sure that counts as rediscovered. Other than that:

Dexy's Midnight Runners "Don't Stand Me Down"

The Go-Betweens "16 Lovers Lane"
(That's a documentary about the album)

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Lately, I've been listening to Yes. Simply because I'd never really heard them before. But I'm not sure that counts as rediscovered. Other than that:

Dexy's Midnight Runners "Don't Stand Me Down"

The Go-Betweens "16 Lovers Lane"
(That's a documentary about the album)
Love the Go-Betweens. Must have a look at that. Great album.

Nialler

Alex's Dad
Got the re-mastered edition of Led Zeppelin's "Physical Graffiti", confirms for me that it is their best work, an absolute masterpiece.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
White Ladder by David Gray. Had it on non stop in the car this week and last, hadn't heard it for ages.

Got the re-mastered edition of Led Zeppelin's "Physical Graffiti", confirms for me that it is their best work, an absolute masterpiece.
Always thought it was their best. Everyone loves IV but PG was always a level above for me.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
I went for a long drive with the wife. She hates my Slayer, Killing Joke and Hawkwind, so I dug this one out.
Not played it for 7 or 8 years.

Dante

Average bang

I've been going through my old 4gb mp3 player the last couple of days. These guys were huge for about 2 weeks then got completely forgotten. Their debut album is still really fun.

MoBeats

Conspiracy Buff
The other day it was 25 years since Some Friendly was released. 25 years..

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
I gave it a spin for the first time in ages this morning. It's a visceral record. Has one of the best opening lines on a record ever too.

"Teenage angst has paid off well, but now I'm bored and old". Love that.
Great album, less immediate than Nevermind but arguably more rewarding. I love Radio Friendly Unit Shifter, Very Ape and Milk It.

Eckers99

Been listening to a lot of Elliott Smith lately, especially XO and Either/Or. The songs are so sad, fragile and beautiful. He was a genius.

Eckers99

Heard Memory of a Free Festival for the first time the other day. Perfect April 30 song.
Good album. More of a Stationtostation man myself but you can't really go wrong with any Bowie album up until the early 80s.

Waltraute

She-Devil
Absolutely love, love, love this album, and nothing says the sad last days of summer like The Day We Caught the Train and The Circle.

Love that Phoenix album too, especially Lisztomania, great Bayreuth video --

A great underrated album is The Wolfgang Press' Queer.
My fave from that album, Louis XIV --

Keenst

Started listening to The Stokes' Is This It? again the other day. Amazing album. I'd forgotten just how good it was.

Dante

Average bang
Been listening to Dr Dre 2001 on repeat for the last few days.

I'd totally forgotten what a fecking incredible album it is.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
"Threads you've rediscovered after ages"

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé

I've been going through my old 4gb mp3 player the last couple of days. These guys were huge for about 2 weeks then got completely forgotten. Their debut album is still really fun.
Apparently, the only guy there was also the only one that actually knew how to play, and that had him frustrated so he quit.

Like this album as well.