Aldi - Marks & Spencers Twitter War

diarm

Has anyone been following this? M&S are suing Aldi over copying a caterpillar cake they sell and the Aldi twitter team have gone to absolute town on them. It's ruthless and I've spend half an hour in tears laughing at them!

:lol:

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I read this earlier and laughed.

Lawyers will argue that the similarity of the products leads consumers to believe they are of the same standard and that Aldi’s cake is riding “on the coat-tails” of M&S’s reputation.
Reputation? Whenever I think of M&S I just think of pretentious twats.

0le

Imagine being paid to write tweets. Feck me.

Jack-C20

In all seriousness how do Aldi do it? I was buying Squares for weeks thinking they were genuine until one day I saw that they were also selling the genuine ones for a limited time only. Not that I care and I know they’ve always done it as everything they sell is a clone of another product with a minor change. Do other supermarkets just not care most of time and they’ve finally messed with one that does?

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
In all seriousness how do Aldi do it? I was buying Squares for weeks thinking they were genuine until one day I saw that they were also selling the genuine ones for a limited time only. Not that I care and I know they’ve always done it as everything they sell is a clone of another product with a minor change. Do other supermarkets just not care most of time and they’ve finally messed with one that does?

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
:lol: I’ve always admired their sneakiness or lack of. How did people even catch on to this?!
That was Brewdog responding to Aldi putting out an “anti establishment IPA” that looked very similar to Punk IPA.

Jack-C20

That was Brewdog responding to Aldi putting out an “anti establishment IPA” that looked very similar to Punk IPA.
:lol: I vaguely remember reading about it. At first I thought it was the odd product, but as it’s been my go to supermarket for a while you notice so many products are like it.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
:lol: I vaguely remember reading about it. At first I thought it was the odd product, but as it’s been my go to supermarket for a while you notice so many products are like it.
Oh yea they do it with all sorts. The booze is probably the most blatant but some of the chocolate is a close second.