Alex Iwobi

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
The nephew of Jay-Jay Okocha.

Looks a fantastic player, already looks miles ahead of the hype that is Oxlade-Chamberlain as an attacker for Arsenal.

Just got an assist to continue his good run of form.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
He's a young player, which means he'll inevitably have a dip, at which point he'll be written off.

Good start, mind.

ADJUDICATOR

Supports
THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD
Looks a good squad player in the making.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
He's really impressed me when I've seen him. Definitely has a bright future ahead of him, good to see him starting games, I wish we put similar faith in Iheanacho.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
England will regret not capping him IMO. Looks a very complete player. Also a beast physically.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
He's really impressed me when I've seen him. Definitely has a bright future ahead of him, good to see him starting games, I wish we put similar faith in Iheanacho.
With him and Iwobi, Nigeria have got two excellent prospects.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
I just don't see much in him. Very productive so must have something going for him I guess.

TwoSheds

He's quite an intelligent player I think. Maybe he's like a beefy Lingard actually - doubt I would rate Jesse much if he played for someone else.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Very productive, but dont see too much special about him yet. But I said the same of Muller and he is now one of the best forwards in the world soo..
Everyone has to be wrong sometimes.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Bumping this because I think he's been very good this season. Great mature play, always making the right decisions in the final third of the pitch and brings the best out of his teammates. Now one of the first names on the team sheet for Arsenal and rightly so.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Bumping this because I think he's been very good this season. Great mature play, always making the right decisions in the final third of the pitch and brings the best out of his teammates. Now one of the first names on the team sheet for Arsenal and rightly so.

Robbie Boy

I think you've done enough bumping of this thread for one night!

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
It's funny you say that, because I think he's been very good this season. Great mature play, always making the right decisions in the final third of the pitch and brings the best out of his teammates. Now one of the first names on the team sheet for Arsenal and rightly so.

Classical Mechanic

So good you said it twice. Very apt for Jay Jay Okocha's nephew!

binary bot
Surprised nobody has bothered bumping this tonight. I think he's been very good this season. Great mature play, always making the right decisions in the final third of the pitch and brings the best out of his teammates. Now one of the first names on the team sheet for Arsenal and rightly so.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
It's funny you say that, because I think he's been very good this season. Great mature play, always making the right decisions in the final third of the pitch and brings the best out of his teammates. Now one of the first names on the team sheet for Arsenal and rightly so.
Sorry mate but I'm going to have to stop you there. I completely disagree because I think he's been very good this season. Great mature play, always making the right decisions in the final third of the pitch and brings the best out of his teammates. Now one of the first names on the team sheet for Arsenal and rightly so.

prath92

THINK HE WILL BE AN EXCELLENT PLAYER AT NATION
NATION
NATION LEVEL
NATIONAL LEVEL
NATIONAL LEVEL

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Sorry guys, I was posting for the first time from my phone in terrible signal and kept clicking post reply hoping it would go through :lol:

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Wasn't he that Arsenal youngster who was shut down last season by Fosu-Mensah?

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
Wasn't he that Arsenal youngster who was shut down last season by Fosu-Mensah?
In the game at Old Trafford? He played 7 minutes.. Well done for making this thread about a United youngster though.

ADJUDICATOR

Supports
THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD
Africa's been lacking in intelligent attacking midfielders recently, so it's nice to see him doing well.

TwoSheds

Sorry guys, I was posting for the first time from my phone in terrible signal and kept clicking post reply hoping it would go through :lol:

Walters_19_MuFc

Didn't watch the game tonight, but he's a fantastic player for me. His movement and ability to know what's around him at all times is superb.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Probably would be massively hyped if he chose to play for England

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
He's really composed on the ball and seems to be on the same wavelength as Ozil especially.

and highlights vs Chelsea:

Brightonian

Looking great. The one caveat is that he's done all this in a glittering attacking unit who are flying at the moment. The real test is whether he can keep playing well when they're struggling, the way both Rashford and Iheanacho, for example, have shown that they can for United and City respectively.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Will he be their martial
I don't think so, I imagine Martial will become a very good goalscorer whilst Iwobi will be more of a playmaker in the end.

But I am assuming that Martial will eventually be moved to CF.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
He doesn't have particularly impressive pace, quickness, or dribbling ability in one-on-one situations but he has quick feet and his football IQ, movement, composure on the ball, and vision are fantastic, especially for a young player. Basically, he is the exact opposite of Oxlade-Chamberlain. He works really well in the current setup because he offers a counterpoint to Walcott - a wideplaymaker to offset a traditional winger - and because he has the movement, touch, and speed of thought to combine with players like Ozil, Cazorla, Walcott, and Sanchez in very quick sequences.

His goals+assists statistics aren't amazing (although not bad) but they really understate his contribution to our attack. He has been in the middle of a ton of flowing moves, often delivering the ball to the guy who then delivers the final ball to a goal scorer. The second goal against Chelsea is a good example.