Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain completes his transfer to Liverpool

Status
Not open for further replies.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
If you're Sanchez and Ozil and you've just seem a poorer player than you leave the club because he wants to be successful....Jesus Christ.
Ozil I think knows it's as good as it gets for him.

The Outsider

Supports
Chelsea
Great signing for me as I did not want him at Chelsea, hope he does well for the Scousers.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I'm gonna stick my neck out and say he'll be a really good signing for them.
I thought he would be good for Chelsea as an option at wing back or their front three but I think he will fit in better at Liverpool.
Just leaving Arsenal alone will give him a new lease of life and make him a better player.

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
It's been that sort of window. Fees are all over the place at the minute. Remember when £35-£40 million got you a world class player like Sanchez?
Arsene does, but I think that's the problem.

Always liked the Ox to be honest, even if he was ridiculously inefficient. Will be interested to see what Klopp does with him. I don't really see how he fits into the team but there's plenty of talent there to work with.

At the same time I wouldn't be shocked if that six game run at the end of last season ends up being the highlight of his career.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Arsene does, but I think that's the problem.

Always liked the Ox to be honest, even if he was ridiculously inefficient. Will be interested to see what Klopp does with him. I don't really see how he fits into the team but there's plenty of talent there to work with.

At the same time I wouldn't be shocked if that six game run at the end of last season ends up being the highlight of his career.
I think he can play as the wide midfielder in klopps preferred 433 he certainly has the pace to take up a wide forward role as well... His pace will be a great asset on the counter and he works hard off the ball so I think he is well suited there... Good signing for them and a logical move for him... Can certainly see him getting games there ahead of winjaldum.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
I like him, but £40m? If we'd got in Keita (this window) & VVD, sold Coutinho, & brought in AOC as a squad option, I'd be like, cool. But as our biggest signing of the summer? Nah, not for me.

Still, he's a decent player and I think he'll do well.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
The most Liverpooly of Liverpool signings.

Only difference is he didn't come straight from Southampton, but had a few underwhelming years at another failing club in between.
I probably shouldn't admit this but I sometimes enjoy reading your digs at Liverpool. At least you're a bit more creative with it.

I'd wait a few months before judging him, even if his numbers are terrible. I'm struggling to see how he gets a regular starting place for us though.

LuisNaniencia

Sky Sports called my bluff
I like him, but £40m? If we'd got in Keita (this window) & VVD, sold Coutinho, & brought in AOC as a squad option, I'd be like, cool. But as our biggest signing of the summer? Nah, not for me.

Still, he's a decent player and I think he'll do well.
I think it's the sort of signing you need as Klopp will get the best from him but you should of sold Coutinho and bought 3 or 4 players like this to sort out your squad depth.

soap

Directionless weirdo who like booze and ganja
Good move for both Liverpool and Ox. He'll start a lot more games for Liverpool than he will improve that team. I think he will play CM a fair bit.

iKnowNothing

All those posters saying Ox will improve under Klopp reminds me of the time when we sold Welbeck. There were so many folks saying that he would turn out to be a great striker etc. Ox isn't even as good as Welbeck.
To me he will end up being a squad player, staying games like the cup games or coming as a sub in games where Liverpool want to defend a lead or defend in an away game.

NJM78

All those posters saying Ox will improve under Klopp reminds me of the time when we sold Welbeck. There were so many folks saying that he would turn out to be a great striker etc. Ox isn't even as good as Welbeck.
To me he will end up being a squad player, staying games like the cup games or coming as a sub in games where Liverpool want to defend a lead or defend in an away game.

I thought Welbeck was shit, would stay shit and he still is.

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
Quick, strong athlete and he can play football; exactly what Klopp looks for in a player, so I can see why we've gone for him. Couldn't care less about the price.

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Oh no, this is not a good transfer.

He's like a worse Milner.

el3mel

Just thought about something, aren't they bringing Keita next season ? and he sure will take a place in CM beside Coutinho and Henderson, that'll leave Ox as a sub at best for CM or maybe switched to the flanks but they still have Mane and Salah who have far, far more productivity on the flanks than him.

Seems he's a stopping gap for them in the CM this season and starting from next season he'll be a squad player.

Noc-Z

ffs
I think the price is stupid for a player like him who's in his last year of contract.

Edit: I meant more than Salah, my bad.
Ahhh sorry I get you now I think it was the less than Salah bit that had totally thrown me! Yeah I don't rate Ox too highly. But 40M seems to be the going rate for average players now! Do L'pool need him? Does he improve them? Not so sure!

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Ahhh sorry I get you now I think it was the less than Salah bit that had totally thrown me! Yeah I don't rate Ox too highly. But 40M seems to be the going rate for average players now! Do L'pool need him? Does he improve them? Not so sure!
We need a squad with more players who could feasibly compete for a starting place. The age of Kevin Stewart doing a job is over.

Trizy

Turned down £180k to sign for £120k. Good on him for not being driven by money.

The question must be asked though, why Liverpool? It's a completer step side ways in terms of winning silverware. Surely Chelsea was the best bet? Although they might not have offered him first team football.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
40m :lol:

Transfer market has gone mad.
If you'd suggested on the day they signed him that Arsenal would eventually sell Oxlade-Chamberlain for £40m, you'd be forgiven for thinking he was one of the best midfielders in the league and a 60+ caps stalwart in the heart of England's midfield. It's an absolutely bonkers fee for largely a nothing player, a player whom isn't an improvement on Wijnaldum, another largely nothing player, or Milner, the ultimate nothing player whom Oxlade-Chamberlain is being earmarked to replace.

All the while Liverpool and Klopp are sitting on a porous defensive structure with no attainable signing in the pipeline... It's genuinely barmy.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Obviously not happy at Arse and seems like he knew something about Chelsea to not want to go there. Unless he's been offered more first team football at Liverpool.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal

The question must be asked though, why Liverpool? It's a completer step side ways in terms of winning silverware. Surely Chelsea was the best bet? Although they might not have offered him first team football.
What have Liverpool won recently?

Djemba-Djemba

It's actually a downwards step in terms of winning silverware.

Although you'd imagine Liverpool will have a much better season than Arsenal.

Status
Not open for further replies.