Alex Telles - SIGNED for United

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rolaholic

Gonna be a real long season if we have to rely on Shaw for most of the season I'm afraid...

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Ya as I stated he has a lot of (good) mileage under his legs and experience in winning in a competing team and playing in the CL. At 27 he is ready and experienced enough to slot right In.
Sounds very good. And quite a novelty for a United player.

starman

I didn't realise Pervis Estupinan moved, only 15m as well....as a young attacking left back hes been as impressive as Reguilon.

Anyway maybe we want someone more experienced to jump straight in with Telles, and will try Shaw at LCB, as Lindelof looks slow and weak as hell

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Good example of why we need a left back. Our level did drop when Shaw was injured, because the back up for him is pathetic (Williams is young but should be a right back, not a left back). Doesn't mean Shaw himself is good enough. We've had enough years of him to see he just isn't the guy.

Anybody's Guess

This (or any other left back for the same price) is almost more important than a Sacho transfer. Shaw is one burger away from being fat again.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Anyway maybe we want someone more experienced to jump straight in with Telles, and will try Shaw at LCB, as Lindelof looks slow and weak as hell
I read somewhere yesterday, that United don't want an experienced LB to compete with Shaw as the club have a lot of belief in Shaw's abilities.
Instead they want a youngster that can be developed.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I read somewhere yesterday, that United don't want an experienced LB to compete with Shaw as the club have a lot of belief in Shaw's abilities.
Instead they want a youngster that can be developed.
It could be non-sense. The tier 1 journalist already reported that the player already agreed with 5 years contract meas we are interested to sign Telles and this guy is not youngster.

MrSingh2002

First half scouting report on Telles vs Braga.

Defensively very honest. Always when defending has been level with the rest of the back 4 and with Pepe who is playing LCB. On one occasion he saved Pepe's ass when he was beat for pace by the striker.

Offensively always is looking to help the team and be in space. Can tell he is very comfortable on the ball and only misplaced one tough pass in 45 mins.

Ends the half with a assist and penalty strike that Shaw can only dream of.

He may not be the very best left back in the world but he looks a big upgrade at both ends of the pitch when compared with Lazy Luke Shaw.

Bring him in and then transfer Shaw if he doesn't fancy getting into the body fat levels required to be a professional footballer.

Last edited:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Why do we have the title sounding so definite, when it's anything but?

Rolaholic

Goal and an assist in the first half for him but surely it doesn't count being in Portugal

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
He's clearly playing with caution, most likely due to an agreed transfer.

AFC NimbleThumb

Football Manager legend for me, so getting him saves me a few when this year’s incarnation arrives.

WANT.

MattyB1986

We need a left back. Needed a new one for ages. I'm worried having an offensive minded one like Telles who gets caught out of position on counters will haunt us having slow-mo bros at CB though. :lol:

-Supreme-

He's clearly playing with caution, most likely due to an agreed transfer.
I'd highly doubt Porto would risk playing him if the deal is anywhere close to being agreed, particularly when the player has only a year's left on his contract.

reddevilz007

We need a left back. Needed a new one for ages. I'm worried having an offensive minded one like Telles who gets caught out of position on counters will haunt us having slow-mo bros at CB though. :lol:
A more defensive LB like Shaw couldn’t prevent that first goal today

jasT1981

We've about 2 and a half weeks left in the window, why the hell are we only 'monitoring and considering' now? ALL of this should have been sorted out months ago, not after the season has started. Absolute incompetence.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Looking forward to when we decide to move from “monitoring and considering” to “preparing bid” :drool:

RC89

The quicker we get an upgrade on the LB position, the better. Genuinely feel an attacking fullback can take our game to another level.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Still monitoring ? Feck sake, get this done and move on to Sancho.
To be fair, they also said the same thing on Van de Beek last time with monitoring, 2 days later, United submitted a bid and being accepted by Ajax. This could go very quickly if United can find the right price.

redpatron

To be fair, they also said the same thing on Van de Beek last time with monitoring, 2 days later, United submitted a bid and being accepted by Ajax. This could go very quickly if United can find the right price.
doubt it. porto will drag this until the end of the window and squeeze as many games out of Telles as possible before he has to leave.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
doubt it. porto will drag this until the end of the window and squeeze as many games out of Telles as possible before he has to leave.
I doubt it. Telles only has 1 year left in his contract. They are desperate to sell so they can avoid to lose him for free next year.

Red_toad

Another red herring the caf is going wild about.
Every transfer window without fail. There‘s zero in this story, we’re looking for a talented understudy to Shaw, not to replace him. Telles isn’t going to happen.Such a shame Laird isn’t a left back, he’s better than Williams and has great potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.