Alex Telles - SIGNED for United

Status
Not open for further replies.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag

Assist 1 and scored 2 PK yesterday. Involved with the three goals. He also had one delicious whip cross before FC Porto score the first goal.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Even Luke Shaw sounded like he wanted us to sign a left back last night. He was knackered.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Shaw played like the Pilsbury Doughboy yesterday. We shouldn’t be looking for a rotation left back, but rather someone ready to take the spot and make it their own.

AneRu

Have we signed him yet?
I think ED is deliberately taking his time so that a proper football club will come in and steal the march on us. Looks like a relatively simple deal to do and even at the €30m that Porto wanted it's still cheap.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I think ED is deliberately taking his time so that a proper football club will come in and steal the march on us. Looks like a relatively simple deal to do and even at the €30m that Porto wanted it's still cheap.
This. I think we have a 3rd choice ie the Ukrainian guy whom he would prefer as he is cheaper, younger and possibly paid on minimum wage + food stamps

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
A LB that can assist and score, I have never heard of such thing.
Shaw is fascinating. He contributes alot in the attacking side of the game despite creating 0 assists last season. He is great defensively despite being all over the place at times. He is basically making Rashford look better and some even argue that that he isn't injury prone

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Which makes you wonder why PSG who have been linked with him for months and were even supposed to have sealed the deal in May-June haven't done that relatively simple deal.

dasty

He is shit, can only score and assists from set pieces, shit at defending, cost a lot (seriously there are posts arguing how 20m is too much for him, and he is not worth anything more than 10m), not any better than Shaw or even Williams, and TOO feckING OLD.

Welcome to Redcafe, the home of absolutely horrendous takes on a player whenever they are linked to Man Utd.

Every watcher of the Portuguese League talks about how he is by far the best left back in the league, and is easily one of the best players in the league. Even rival fans from Sporting and Benfica talks about how good he is. Yet on this forum he is being shit on relentlessly because he is 27 (shows how lacking in footballing knowledge most posters here are) which means he is too damn old, and just because he has good attacking numbers means he is useless in defending. Oh and his good attacking numbers? They mean nothing because he plays in a farmer's league. The same farmer's league which Jota, Jimenez, B.Silva, Semedo, Oblak, Guedes, Ederson etc. came from. Basically the same old bullshit repeated in Bruno's transfer thread.

This place really has no fecking clue about football.

AneRu

Which makes you wonder why PSG who have been linked with him for months and were even supposed to have sealed the deal in May-June haven't done that relatively simple deal.
I don't about PSG, how they have gone with the player and club or whether they have a firm interest in him. In our case we are reported to have agreed with the player and the fee is reasonable enough to do a deal so I think it's just Ed up to his usual tricks.

JPRouve

Scout
I don't about PSG, how they have gone with the player and club or whether they have a firm interest in him. In our case we are reported to have agreed with the player and the fee is reasonable enough to do a deal so I think it's just Ed up to his usual tricks.
PSG have had the exact same reports United just had since May.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
He is shit, can only score and assists from set pieces, shit at defending, cost a lot (seriously there are posts arguing how 20m is too much for him, and he is not worth anything more than 10m), not any better than Shaw or even Williams, and TOO feckING OLD.

Welcome to Redcafe, the home of absolutely horrendous takes on a player whenever they are linked to Man Utd.

Every watcher of the Portuguese League talks about how he is by far the best left back in the league, and is easily one of the best players in the league. Even rival fans from Sporting and Benfica talks about how good he is. Yet on this forum he is being shit on relentlessly because he is 27 (shows how lacking in footballing knowledge most posters here are) which means he is too damn old, and just because he has good attacking numbers means he is useless in defending. Oh and his good attacking numbers? They mean nothing because he plays in a farmer's league. The same farmer's league which Jota, Jimenez, B.Silva, Semedo, Oblak, Guedes, Ederson etc. came from. Basically the same old bullshit repeated in Bruno's transfer thread.

It has worked like that here for every good attacking full back for ages, especially if they weren’t British. The general perception of an average football fan here is if you’re foreign and can get like 7 + 10 while playing full back, it by default means you can’t defend.

Member 90887

Tuchel said that left-back isn’t a position that needs addressing right now :

“We need an attacker, a central defender and a midfielder. We need to replace the players that we have lost. A left-back, no that is not a priority.

JPRouve

Scout
Tuchel said that left-back isn’t a position that needs addressing right now :
My issue is with the dig at United. PSG have been linked to Telles for months and for some reason when United are linked with the same players for a little bit more than a month, United are useless and can't seal a deal while the other club that has been linked with the same player is the one that is run properly or act swiftly even though nothing happened.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
If we get Telles I also believe we need a forward who's going to anticipate his deliveries. I love Martial but he's very flat footed in the box at times.

By all accounts Telles has a good partnership with Marega, who looks like quite a dominant figure. Double deal ?

The football cliché of :it takes two to make a successful pass comes to mind.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Shaw is fascinating. He contributes alot in the attacking side of the game despite creating 0 assists last season. He is great defensively despite being all over the place at times. He is basically making Rashford look better and some even argue that that he isn't injury prone
That's because he doesn't know how to cross. Just low and hard passes ala Valencia

EngimaMK

Spot on.

Pav1878

It has worked like that here for every good attacking full back for ages, especially if they weren’t British. The general perception of an average football fan here is if you’re foreign and can get like 7 + 10 while playing full back, it by default means you can’t defend.
Exactly. And those people ignore the fact that while a player is getting those figures, he isn't needing to defend, the opposition is!
Attack is the best form of defence!

He sure as hell couldn't be worse at stopping the crosses coming in. Our defence are terrible at that

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks

Sancho alternative ?

AneRu

Exactly. And those people ignore the fact that while a player is getting those figures, he isn't needing to defend, the opposition is!
Attack is the best form of defence!

He sure as hell couldn't be worse at stopping the crosses coming in. Our defence are terrible at that
Reminds me of our CL knockout against Real Madrid in 2000 where instead of Roberto Carlos worrying about stopping Beckham it was the other way round.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
That's because he doesn't know how to cross. Just low and hard passes ala Valencia
Too simplistic. You dont have to cross to assist. You can make clever passes etc

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Every team have good games and bad games. But not every team has a toxic self entitled fanbase
That's such a sweeping statement especially after yesterday's showing.
Are you expecting our fan base to be all lovey dovey this morning?!

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Too simplistic. You dont have to cross to assist. You can make clever passes etc
Knowing how to cross is the biggest help possible for a FB to assist. Look at the most creative full backs all over Europe, all of them are competent crossers of the ball.
Shaw is a disgrace at this particular aspect of football

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Knowing how to cross is the biggest help possible for a FB to assist. Look at the most creative full backs all over Europe, all of them are competent crossers of the ball.
Shaw is a disgrace at this particular aspect of football
I agree. But his passing is obviously also not good enough since he has the ball in and around the box plenty and still cant het an assist

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
That's such a sweeping statement especially after yesterday's showing.
Are you expecting our fan base to be all lovey dovey this morning?!
I won't take much out of that game. It was clear that we lack match fitness and there is a huge cloud of negativity around the club with no transfers, Maguire, Mason..

We lost on opening day in 2012-13 season and went on to win the title. We won 4-0 last year and didn't do any good for a couple of months. There's no need to panic now. We can start panicking another 2 games.

Having said that, I am firmly in the Lindelof out club now because time and time again he showed he is as cowardly as they come and we suffer because of him being nothing good at any part of defending.

MrBest

I there a right back version of him too? Sounds like he knows he to cross and score (I have never seen Tellese play).

Status
Not open for further replies.