Alex Telles - SIGNED for United

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Porto need to sell, they’re known for throwing our name in when they want to shift somebody. Pini Zahavi is the agent who’s also known as a bit of a bullshit merchant. And the news has been rolled back from personal terms agreed to no agreements yet. I wonder where he will actually end up? Because I don’t think it’ll be us.
Again, it’s been reported we’ve agreed terms with the player. If we’re just having our name thrown about, why would that be the case?

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I wouldn’t be taking the words of a french journalist on a Brazilian player playing in the Portuguese league signing for Utd.

Let’s walk this through. How exactly does he get his information? The agent. Who is the players agent? Pini Zahavi. Who has Zahavi done an incredible amount of business with over the last few years? PSG. Who’s left back just done their cruciate ligament and is out for 9 months? Yep, you guessed it, PSG.

Look, we might sign him but everyone needs to take a step back here - this is no different to Reguillion. We had a conversation with the agent and it went no further. Who’s to say it isn’t the same here? I’ve just got a nagging suspicion based on who the agent is and the injury to Bernat that we’re getting used to bring PSG to the table.
This is more believable than anything else.

HowYouDoin

Not it won't what's this obsession with playing 3 at the back anyway .We are looking at LB due to lack of depth there using Shaw and the new Lb in the same team regularly would mean lack of depth still remains the issue.
Ole would continue to play 4231 because that's his preferred formation at United occasionally we would play 3 at back but that won't be the norm.
Cuz whenever we played it, it always looked good and now we would have even more reason to play it cuz we can fit in DVB along with Pogba and Bruno in the midfield, by playing that formation we get the best of both worlds, we have our 3 creative midfielders together yet we dont need to worry as much about not having a true ball winner defensive midfielder, that formation takes care of it more.
Also that would be great creativity from our midfield. DVB and Telles together with Pogba and Bruno with AWB being more of a defensive wingback.

I am sure Ole will consider it especially in big games if we get Telles and due to personnel it should look much better and far more menacing going forward than last year.

jesperjaap

I think we're willing to give Axel that shot this season and he'll finally stake his claim as first choice (injuries permitting) and Mengi is being backed to be the long-term partner for Axel once Maguire starts winding down. If things go wrong for Axel again this season, we'll then bring in the CB IMO.

I'm ok with it tbh, as I rate Axel very highly.
Yes I think Tuanzabe has good potential, but if you cant stay fit for a period of time, not even makin gup the numbers. We have seen it affect the careers of Jones who surely would have become a better player without all the injuries than he is, we are seeing it with Shaw as well and even Bailly.

If we have talented injured players for our defenders....we are then left like last season with Lindelof playing every game and forget the defensive stats of a poor defensive premier season from almost every club.....that simply isnt good enough as a player or a partner for Maguire if we are to progress in my opinion.

I actually have a really good feeling about Mengi long term, bizarrely from his interview last season after appearing. For a teenager he just seemed to exude confidence, determinaton and calmness....just an aura of quality about him which I hope he can transform to the pitch.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I wouldn’t be taking the words of a french journalist on a Brazilian player playing in the Portuguese league signing for Utd.

Let’s walk this through. How exactly does he get his information? The agent. Who is the players agent? Pini Zahavi. Who has Zahavi done an incredible amount of business with over the last few years? PSG. Who’s left back just done their cruciate ligament and is out for 9 months? Yep, you guessed it, PSG.

Look, we might sign him but everyone needs to take a step back here - this is no different to Reguillion. We had a conversation with the agent and it went no further. Who’s to say it isn’t the same here? I’ve just got a nagging suspicion based on who the agent is and the injury to Bernat that we’re getting used to bring PSG to the table.
Zahavi also has a relationship with United, so it is possible that the club is helping him out.

gajender

Cuz whenever we played it, it always looked good and now we would have even more reason to play it cuz we can fit in DVB along with Pogba and Bruno in the midfield, by playing that formation we get the best of both worlds, we have our 3 creative midfielders together yet we dont need to worry as much about not having a true ball winner defensive midfielder, that formation takes care of it more.
Also that would be great creativity from our midfield. DVB and Telles together with Pogba and Bruno with AWB being more of a defensive wingback.

I am sure Ole will consider it especially in big games if we get Telles and due to personnel it should look much better and far more menacing going forward than last year.
We have only looked half decent using that formation against big teams where we completely gave up on possession against the teams where we need to take initiative we have usually looked toothless and mostly had to change formation midway. Van De Beek would get enough games to play we don't need to change complete set up to accomodate him 4231 would do just fine .

RedNed77

Again, it’s been reported we’ve agreed terms with the player. If we’re just having our name thrown about, why would that be the case?
It’s also been reported that we haven’t agreed terms and we’re still in the “just looking” phase.

Zed 101

Well youtube shows him crossing a ball so that is one thing he has up on any of our players..... oh wait theree is nobody in the middle to meet the cross :(

HowYouDoin

We have only looked half decent using that formation against big teams where we completely gave up on possession against the teams where we need to take initiative we have usually looked toothless and mostly had to change formation midway. Van De Beek would get enough games to play we don't need to change complete set up to accomodate him 4231 would do just fine .
I agree with you that 4-2-31 (or 4-3-3 now) will be our preferred approach but this is an option too. And a great option at our displosal.
If we get Telles and with DVB we now have much better personnel to play 3 at the back is all Im saying.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Well youtube shows him crossing a ball so that is one thing he has up on any of our players..... oh wait theree is nobody in the middle to meet the cross :(
that’s why I think we need to get Sancho this window because we can’t miss out on Haaland next summer when he comes on the market. Surely we will go back in for him. If Ole is still here and we’ve made top 4 then I reckon we’ve a good chance of getting him

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
He does ?
Yes, he has been mentioned as one of the agent that we used as an intermediary in recent years, he was also supposed to be the one bridging the Glazers with Saudis last year and he is friend with SAF.

croadyman

Yes I will hold my hands up and admit he hasn't the dribbling ability of Reguilon but IF we got him then Bruno would have rival in the setpieces stakes.

Reckon he could also provide quality of delivery similar to Trent but need the players to get on the end of it of course.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
His dribbling looks a bit shit and I don't see much in the way of his deliveries. If I'm not mistaken he plays a wingback sort of role and also takes penalties. So this will account for a lot of the nice stats. He's not that fast either.

Honestly speaking I'm not as bothered about this transfer.

arthurka

Why can't this club just get shit done? We are absolutely shocking at this transfer thing.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.

Sounds far more likely than we've 'agreed a 5 year contract'.

Bondi77

Why would they even offer a 5 year contract,
Surely a 3 year with the club to have an option for 4 would make more sense.
What happened to the days when 30yo players were only offered yearly contracts.

Mark Pawelek

If we're talking in purely value terms. Sancho is 7 years younger and is a much bigger talent/player that will repay the investment, and in 5 years time after that has been paid his value will probably be around about the same or even higher. It's a better value deal comparatively, but we do need a back up LB and a left footed set piece taker so your point is a fair one, we'd be overpaying with a year left on his contract but I guess I shouldn't be too fussed about transfer amounts, it isn't my money!
The only thing I care about is getting a squad capable of winning honours. I'd rather see squad and first-team weaknesses eliminated before buying superstars. Before you reply: Greenwood on RW is not a 'weakness'.

bsCallout

Why would they even offer a 5 year contract,
Surely a 3 year with the club to have an option for 4 would make more sense.
What happened to the days when 30yo players were only offered yearly contracts.
Are you suggesting 27 is the new 30?

Status
Not open for further replies.