Alex Telles - SIGNED for United

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanGaalEra

Well, let’s hope we don’t lowball Porto now. But I’ve heard previously around 20M Euros.

Any Portuguese league watchers able to elaborate on this guy?

NoMidfielders

Would have thought Mourinho would be the one to raid Portugal for the best players, not his successor. Porto fans seem to rate him highly from what I've seen.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
We seem to be agreeing personal terms with the players. It’s the fee with the club we can’t seem to negotiate.

jasT1981

Oh look, another personal terms agreed with Utd type thing. What's this, the 3rd time this summer we've agreed personal terms with someone but don't actually have a deal in place with the club?

I'll be more excited when I see fee agreed. That seems to be our biggest stumbling block lately.

Crashoutcassius

Whats Bouhafsi like for these types of deals? If we are being used here to pressure PSG, would it come through a french journalist? But also... why would he get this scoop haha

Red_toad

I think there's less than zero percent chance there's anything in this.
Yep just the usual Portuguese media linking us to players that the clubs are looking to move on. Every single summer there’s always 3 or 4 targets who amount to zero.

IAmAWinner

Better than Reguillon. And much better than Shaw. Very great signing, if it happens.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
We never seem to have any trouble getting a player to agree to join us, our issue seems to be agreeing a fee, wasn't there a report today we were hesitant to pay for him? I won't get my hopes up.

Black Rick

Always suspicious of players who attract hype for years on end but somehow stay at a relatively small club until their late 20s.

TheMod

I'm trying to stop myself getting drawn in and excited to another saga but Telles for under €20m is a steal and is a better LB right now than Reguillon

I'm totally behind this deal. :)

Also Telles agent is the same as David Alaba....maybe we get both (ok i need to calm down my inner muppet :drool: )

EwanI Ted

Not a player I’m excited about to be honest. I’d rather go with a younger player that we can develop. Still that’s a low price in the modern market and we need a LB so I guess it wouldn’t be a bad buy if it turns out to be true.

Trophy Room

I know nothing about him. Looked at some youtube videos, couldn't find any clips of his defending - seemed pretty good going forward. :lol:

Affirmation

This would be a disappointing signing, there are so many other options that suit our supposed 'transfer policy' a lot better. Saying that though I would still bring him in if the alternative is bringing nobody in at all to compete for that position. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

GoldanoGraham

There are no real details about this, just speculation. He has 1 year left in his contract, he will not be offered 5 years - no way. Maybe 3 + 1 on a £15m euro deal......

If any Uk based journos report then there may be more substance - however, the fact that it says we haven’t agreed with the club means it’s just agent/intermediary chitter

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Should be a 3 year contract at most at that age. We will never learn. If he’s a massive success, then he can get rewarded. If he’s bad then we only have him for a few years and we can get him off the wage bill. The club need to be a lot smarter and start reducing these contracts.

Zoo

Should be a 3 year contract at most at that age. We will never learn. If he’s a massive success, then he can get rewarded. If he’s bad then we only have him for a few years and we can get him off the wage bill. The club need to be a lot smarter and start reducing these contracts.
Be difficult to get a 27 year old to agree to that I think. It’s most likely 4+1.

Woodenlung

Absolutely trying to get PSG to bid for him. They're in need of a left back due to Bernat's injury.

crossy1686

career ending
This looks like a panic buy.

This video does him no favours at all but his vision and crossing are a huge improvement on what we currently have.

Status
Not open for further replies.