Alex Telles - SIGNED for United

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
I’m not convinced AWB would be a good centre back, which means he would be dropped from the team entirely, I agree I don’t think we have the players for this system.
He’s terrible aerially. Keep him at RB defending one on ones. The fact he locks down an entire wing is just as beneficial as any attacking play.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
There could be occasions where Telles could play infront of Shaw, similar to Dalot playing in an advanced position.

If he signed, we would have one player who can cross.
You need people on the end of them

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne

Might be there reason we're getting all these different figures.

Russky14

According the Metro negotiations hot a stumbling block. If true no surprise there with Matty

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Porto would have known that anyway, they either lose him now or a free next year right?

we certainly won't be paying them 25% more to cover it.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
This is the story of our transfers!
Always the same things happen.

Rolaholic

Quite literally the same old story for every single transfer we're involved in :lol: :lol:

Infra-red

Quite literally the same old story for every single transfer we're involved in :lol: :lol:
Which will soon change to, "negotiations between United and Porto have reached an impasse. United feel that Porto's valuation is unrealistic", which will be swiftly followed by a briefing from Ed saying that we are looking for a director of football.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Is it true that they're asking for 23 million and we want to pay 20 million ?

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I think we're just waiting for Roma to cough up on Smalling. If that doesn't happen then, well, I think this deal will hit a impasse.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Let’s have a meltdown without even reading the article about how we’re “haggling over a £20m deal” when the article clearly states the asking price is £36m.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Let’s have a meltdown without even reading the article about how we’re “haggling over a £20m deal” when the article clearly states the asking price is £36m.
I read on Twitter that we are offering Jones plus 20 million but they don't want Jones.

Crustanoid

Ed doing an Ed again.

There should be a new entry in the Oxford dictionary.

To Woody (verb). ‘I totally Woodied them’. ‘They thought it would all be straightforward but then they got Woodied’.

Water Melon

Ed doing an Ed again.

To Woody (verb). ‘I totally Woodied them’. ‘They thought it would all be straightforward but then they got Woodied’.
Post of the year. Brilliant. Funny, true and depressing at the same time.

Rolaholic

That's the official release clause in his contract, reports out of Portugal have been claiming they'd be willing to accept much less from 25m and under for weeks now given that he has less than a year left on his contract and this is the final window they can get value for him.

The United spin is meant for us fans to be satisfied over signing just 1 player out of our numerous positions of need whenever they get it over the line after haggling

eire-red

Ed doing an Ed again.

Hahahaha brilliant

vanderpants

i think the title of this post should be changed to something more suitable, something regarding the incompetence of Utd transfer policy and penny pinching antics

Alemar

This is what happens when United use agents to negotiate for them instead of getting involved in the negotiations themselves.
But if getting involved themselves mean Matt Judge holding talks, then it’s also a problem as he doesn’t pick up his phone...

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
That's the official release clause in his contract, reports out of Portugal have been claiming they'd be willing to accept much less from 25m and under for weeks now given that he has less than a year left on his contract and this is the final window they can get value for him.

The United spin is meant for us fans to be satisfied over signing just 1 player out of our numerous positions of need whenever they get it over the line after haggling
Reports out of Portugal :lol:

Let him take his time until Oct 5 and if he hasn't delivered, I will also join in blaming him.

Loon

:lol:
The "They can see United coming" argument doesn't even swing it anymore. Chelsea, with their shy, retiring billionaire don't seem to get fleeced... often

gvk004

When Thiago moved for some 25 million ,why should Telles cost anything close to that. 20 million or less seems to be right .

Machine Elements

Tbh asking £36.6 Million in this pandemic situation for a 28 years old left back who never reached the top level and plays in the portuguese league with only a couple of months away from being allowed to speak with other clubs to join for free is a bit cheeky and unashamed. They probably know Ed Woodward is an idiot and United are desperate so they have the courage to ask that amount with the intention of milking them but United shouldn’t give them what they want. It’s a ridiculous price.

Status
Not open for further replies.