Alexander Sørloth

Dve

As predicted, we are finally being linked with Aleksander Sørloth.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/belief-st...n-united-medical-club-cancelled-short-notice/

This is a transfer I have been strongly advocation in other threads, and I would be delighted to see this transfer happen. With his 193 cm he is the perfect plan B to have on the bench. As Crystal Palace showed us on Saturday, the perfect way to beat United is to pack the middle and not allow shots from distance. With Pogba as DM, we are very weak in the box and teams do not need to worry about crossers coming into the box. We hardly ever score from crossers. With Sørloth on the bench, that will suddenly add a missing tool in the box.

This is his profile at whoscores.com

Finishing: Very Strong
Dribbling: Very Strong
Headed attempts: Very Strong
Key passes: Strong
Aerial Duels: Strong

And here is an image of what he would add to this team:

Last edited:

starman

Why do Palace keep loaning him out? Was he rubbish in the PL? It's not like they have a abundance of strikers.

Dante

Average bang
A fourth choice striker to take over from Ighalo and provide a plan B? I like the idea.

Martial, Rashford and Greenwood are all very similar players who are most comfortable on the edge of the box, receiving the ball to feet and in front of them.

A proper target man would add a different dimension to us off the bench. Ighalo did that for a few games, but he's gone off the boil recently.

No idea about Sorloth himself. But he looks like he might play differently from the players we already have here.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Not seen much of him, but his dad was a fine striker back in the days.

He did fail at Palace, but was quite young at the time.

Chairman Steve

I like his surname. He sounds like he should be one of the Outer Gods in the Lovecraft Cthulhu Mythos.

Holters

He did fail at Palace, but was quite young at the time.
I'm not his biggest fan by any means, but Sørloth didn't really get a proper chance at Palace, did he? As far as I remember he was utilised as a winger when he got the chance and Benteke was the preferred striker.

Anyway, Sørloth seems to have improved a lot during his stay in Turkey. I haven't watched him play there, but he seemed like a new player when he got the chance as a starter against Northern Ireland for Norway. He also combined really well with Håland.

It would still surprise me if he is anywhere near the level required to be a starter for United...

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
From a national team point of view I hope not. Needs to go to Leipzig where he can start every week and bang them in.

I do think a lot of bigger clubs are sleeping on him though. 20m for how he has been performing for the past year is cheap.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
I'm not his biggest fan by any means, but Sørloth didn't really get a proper chance at Palace, did he? As far as I remember he was utilised as a winger when he got the chance and Benteke was the preferred striker.
But do you wish him a speedy recovery?

Stadjer

He flopped at FC Groningen...

Nevland didnt make it at Manchester United and became a hero in Groningen... maybe Sorloth can do it the other way around :lol:

... doubt it however.

Dve

From a national team point of view I hope not. Needs to go to Leipzig where he can start every week and bang them in.

I do think a lot of bigger clubs are sleeping on him though. 20m for how he has been performing for the past year is cheap.
Oh, I think he could get plenty of playing time. From the bench, or from start with Martial on the left (with Rashford´s current form), not to mention if Martial get injured. I believe he could be a success at United.

Woodzy

I get it. Sign as many of Haaland's mates as possible so that in two years time he will agree to come here and we can spend the rest of the transfer window refusing to pay for him.

Dve

What about the other 'Plan B' striker we just signed till January? The one that never gets off the bench.
Ighalo is hardly a plan B, as he does not offer much different from what Martial already can do much better. Sørloth is a different story.

jesperjaap

As predicted, we are finally being linked with Aleksander Sørloth. This is a transfer I have been strongly advocation in other threads, and I would be delighted to see this transfer happen. With his 193 cm he is the perfect plan B to have on the bench. As Crystal Palace showed us on Saturday, the perfect way to beat United is to pack the middle and not allow shots from distance. With Pogba as DM, we are very weak in the box and teams do not need to worry about crossers coming into the box. We hardly ever score from crossers. With Sørloth on the bench, that will suddenly add a missing tool in the box.

This is his profile at whoscores.com

Finishing: Very Strong
Dribbling: Very Strong
Headed attempts: Very Strong
Key passes: Strong
Aerial Duels: Strong

And here is an image of what he would add to this team:

Sorry to piss on your bonfire.....it is so obviously Spurs

Dve

Sorry to piss on your bonfire.....it is so obviously Spurs
Spurs already have a player like that in Kane. It does not make much sense for Sørloth to go there. He could still very well go to Leipzig, but if it´s PL instead, my money is on United.

Why do Palace keep loaning him out? Was he rubbish in the PL? It's not like they have a abundance of strikers.
Palace dont know anything about good strikers, they still have Wickham and Benteke on their books.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Spurs already have a player like that in Kane. It does not make much sense for Sørloth to go there. He could still very well go to Leipzig, but if it´s PL instead, my money is on United.
Mourinho always likes a big man up top, and can't rely on Kane to be fit all season.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Linked where :lol: have you just decided it’s about time you link him to us?

Jibbs

This is a no brainer transfer that is why it will never happen. He may probably end up at Spurs.
Ideally we should sign him, he will give Martial a genuine fight for his place and may as we well displace him. Also this will create competition between Martial and Rashford for Left Forward position.
Also he can play as 2 front strikers with anyone among Rashford, Martial or Greenwood. He will be affordable and somebody familiar with EPL.