Alexis Mac Allister | Moves to Liverpool for 35m according to Romano

Status
Not open for further replies.

laughtersassassin

Yeah, and people were saying the same thing this time last year when they spunked 80m on a striker who's now their third choice left winger. :lol:
Ok? They are still fairly efficient in the market and have a white decent success rate for transfers wouldn't you say?

Wing Attack Plan R

I see him as a replacement for Jordan Henderson, a nothing player who was adored by Liverpool. Mac can be box to box or playmaker 8, like Henderson, but also like him, I don’t see anything spectacular. He’s good, but we need better, and he’s certainly not better than Bruno and Eriksen.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Cue meltdown on here about how he is twice the player Mount is etc etc

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Cue meltdown on here about how he is twice the player Mount is etc etc
Don't get the hype around Mac Allister. His stats are rather poor for an attacking midfielder. Even worse than Mount.

Mount 129 apps
27 goals(2 from pens) 22 assists

Mac Allister 96 apps
16 goals(8 from pens) 5 assists.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Don't get the hype around Mac Allister. His stats are rather poor for an attacking midfielder. Even worse than Mount.

Mount 129 apps

Mac Allister 96 apps
He's probably not there to produce anything as such. He'll likely be something like Wijnaldum was for them. Klopp's midfields have tended to just be a load of workhorses to allow the fullbacks and wingers make something happen.

Probably a decent get for them, but not really what we needed at all.

cyberman

It says in the tweet way less than 65/70m, so probably around 50m.
I think there’s a clause involved so I’m guessing it’s 65/70m?
He must be joining below the clause, I suppose clauses don’t have to be met

Big Ray

I see him as a replacement for Jordan Henderson, a nothing player who was adored by Liverpool. Mac can be box to box or playmaker 8, like Henderson, but also like him, I don’t see anything spectacular. He’s good, but we need better, and he’s certainly not better than Bruno and Eriksen.
Henderson was an excellent and important player in Liverpools team and you are in denial if you think otherwise. I’d take McAllister in a heartbeat. Rarely gives the ball away and is excellent worker.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Will be very interested to see what the end price is agreed here. Will be conducive to what Chelsea can benchmark Mount against.

Hughes35

Be an interesting one this. I don't rate him as highly as most..... but having said that, I can see how he fits Klopps style of play.

Hopefully my opinion of him is correct and he's a bit of a myth. You just never know with Klopp though.

Drizzle

I don’t get the appeal, he just looks like your average premier league midfielder.
Yeah he's a good player but nothing more. Klopp does like his workhorse midfielders so it makes sense for them. Quite pricy though for what he is.

Rolaholic

I don’t get the appeal, he just looks like your average premier league midfielder.
Was integral in Argentina winning the World Cup and Brighton, fecking Brighton!, qualifying for Europe.

He's not a sexy/flashy signing but he'll prove to be a coup for Klopp, got all the attributes he looks for in midfielders along with genuine quality.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
He seems like a nice chap to me. But if he joined Liverpool he's dead to me. Not that it matters to him but it's kind of disappointing.

tidraKS

I would so be angry if we signed him. He's not good at all.

Chief123

He’s just an ok player, nothing special. If anything it’s a sign of the times of the market Liverpool have to shop in. They can’t compete for the top players with those owners.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
He’s just an ok player, nothing special. If anything it’s a sign of the times of the market Liverpool have to shop in. They can’t compete for the top players with those owners.
Which would be who exactly?

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
To be fair, they sign a lot of players that are shit according to RedCafe. They then make them into good players. Henderson, Firmino, Wijnaldum to name a few.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
To be fair, they sign a lot of players that are shit according to RedCafe. They then make them into good players. Henderson, Firmino, Wijnaldum to name a few.
You should read the Mane thread when he was announced ;)

Nickosaur

He's very good, and not a bad price either.

Caicedo is the engine in that midfield though. Always thought Mac Allister played better for Argentina than we've seen him play at Brighton.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
So Mason Mount or a world cup winner... probably similar fees.
I'd be glad with both and I think so should Utd fans be.

As for Mac Allister, he's a central midfielder who just got Brighton into Europe and played every game for Argentina (bar the first one which was their only loss) on the road to the World Cup; even if you don't rate him, which is fine, the least you can say is that he's doing something right if he's playing in an important position on the field for successful teams.

He looks like an energetic midfielder to me with good composure on the ball. I have confidence that Klopp can get him to an even higher level and a very useful player for us.

Just Hope

The thing with Mac Allister is that he doesn't have the eye-catching profile of players like Bellingham, but he is one of the better players at relieving pressure from the back line and moving the ball forward.

And regarding the Mount comparisons, the caf always had a soft spot for british players, it is only natural.

dinostar77

He's probably not there to produce anything as such. He'll likely be something like Wijnaldum was for them. Klopp's midfields have tended to just be a load of workhorses to allow the fullbacks and wingers make something happen.

Probably a decent get for them, but not really what we needed at all.
Agreed.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
It says in the tweet way less than 65/70m, so probably around 50m.
It says fixed fee, then there will be bunch of add-ons which are usually reported as full package.

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
It says fixed fee, then there will be bunch of add-ons which are usually reported as full package.
You’re mixing up fixed fee with base fee. The fixed fee that Romano is referring to is the fee that Brighton has agreed with Mac Allister to let him go for this summer. We’re going to end up spunking more on mount than Pool are on Mac Allister. United things.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Not even bothered about this. I’d rather they of signed him than Bellingham. He’ll improve there midfield but he’s not a massive threat.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
You’re mixing up fixed fee with base fee. The fixed fee that Romano is referring to is the fee that Brighton has agreed with Mac Allister to let him go for this summer. We’re going to end up spunking more on mount than Pool are on Mac Allister. United things.
No, i'm not mixing up anything. It's just people still don't read the entire sentences when it comes to transfer fee or wages and just use the numbers randomly.

You most transfers you have fixed fee and then add-ons, what Romano is talking about is fixed fee. Lets see what the final price will be when Brighton reporters starts reporting.

Pascal Quiff

Supports
Liverpool
Maybe it's his diminutive stature or the way that he is direct in his running, but he reminds me of Bernardo Silva

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine

Mount 129 apps

Mac Allister 96 apps
Agreed.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
I think he’s a good player and will work out nicely for Liverpool. Become a bit overrated though.

El Jefe

Fixed amount is way less than £65/£70m. Fixed amount is not that high. What is it then you know it all muppet.

Just typical Liverpool using the media to undervalue how much they pay for transfers. They did the same with Nunez last season but you can bet full fees will be quoted for United players.

Status
Not open for further replies.