g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Alfred Schreuder - Former Ajax Manager (No longer in talks with Leeds, returns to Albuquerque DEA)

Nick7

I take it Ajax fans aren’t happy. Can’t say I know much but I’ve seen nothing but disappointment regarding this.

Caesar2290

I take it Ajax fans aren’t happy. Can’t say I know much but I’ve seen nothing but disappointment regarding this.
TBF if I was an Ajax fan, any new coach would feel a downgrade from ETH.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Why is everyone bald.

We didn't have this many bald people when there was no hair transplant available.

RedDevilRoshi

Surprised with this appointment as he only took over as Club Brugge manager in January.

Was part of Ronald Koeman’s assistant at Barcelona and we all know how that went!

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
His CV isn't exactly glittering. Assistant at Hoffenheim, assistant at Ajax (under Ten Hag), sacked after one season at Hoffenheim as their actual manager, assistant in Koeman's trainwreck of an operation at Barca, and has now managed Brugge for 5 minutes after their manager left in January.

Seems an odd one.

saivet

I was wondering why they have a pic of ETH in that tweet before I looked closer

AlexiV

Supports
FCB
Can’t say I’m sad to see go him despite him very likely now, bringing home the league after our bad season start under Clement. He organised the side well and turned things around but we’ve remained poor going forward with the most expensive squad in the JPL. Could be the quality of our forwards though which will be a lot better at Ajax. Surprised Ajax were in for him, feels like a bad fit.

Reactions: Cheimoon

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Ajax fans are fine with it, because the hiring strategy is sensible and transparent.
Because Ajax also lost their DoF Overmars, they wanted to have a Dutch head coach, which limited them to:
  • Slot
  • Bosz
  • Schreuder
Slot has a 7 million buyout clause and Lyon also made it clear they weren't looking to let Bosz go for free.

Schreuder was ETH's assistant during the CL semi final season and he's winning the title in Belgium with Brugge as a head coach this year. Style of play is fairly similar to ETH's.

AshRK

Talk about overreaction. Wasn't Ten Hag also shite when he started at Ajax? Besides, Napoli are monstrous this season. They also battered Liverpool, albeit at home.
Huge difference, ETH took over a struggling ajax side and did quite well. In comparison from what I have seen so far under this new manager the football has gone down. They don't no longer play exciting brand of football.

Telsim

Huge difference, ETH took over a struggling ajax side and did quite well. In comparison from what I have seen so far under this new manager the football has gone down. They don't no longer play exciting brand of football.
Well, it's difficult to say what squad has this manager taken over because there was barely anything left of last season's squad once the window closed. Ten Hag's in the same boat right now. Early days for both it seems.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
The defence, you could get a ship through their tonight. Shockingly set up

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Talk about overreaction. Wasn't Ten Hag also shite when he started at Ajax? Besides, Napoli are monstrous this season. They also battered Liverpool, albeit at home.
Ajax have never conceded 6 goals at home in Europe. Ever.

Then after the match when the journo asks, "why no subs for 72 minutes?" He says, I did not deem it necessary.

:lol:

They also spend a metric fecktonne of money this transfer window.

AshRK

Well, it's difficult to say what squad has this manager taken over because there was barely anything left of last season's squad once the window closed. Ten Hag's in the same boat right now. Early days for both it seems.
Doesn't matter what ETH is doing here. We are talking about Alfred Schreuder, who has been doing a bad job so far. I do agree early days but it is not looking promising. Also, not every club fans are like United's where conceding 6 goals is looked as normal. Ajax fans are not happy.