Aliou Traore

Prodigal7

Thought to be one of the most talented prospects the Mancunian academy has had produced over the last few years, Aliou Traoré is a modern and improvised version of his compatriot Paul Pogba.

OK then.
And to think there’s a thread saying that journalists don’t get enough respect. No wonder, when they write this kind of nonsense.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Any chance this lad ends up doing a McTominay? He’s not and never will be anything close to Pogba but he could do a job at a smaller club if he’s given games. He seems like he’s built for pro football but not really what we need.

eltigreFalcao

He's young and have attributes. Definitely not first team level yet but at that age things can escalate quickly. Hopefully he can be schooled in a DM role and can fill in there for us as well. Everything is yet to be said and I refuse to rule him out just yet.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He's young and have attributes. Definitely not first team level yet but at that age things can escalate quickly. Hopefully he can be schooled in a DM role and can fill in there for us as well. Everything is yet to be said and I refuse to rule him out just yet.
He's the laziest youth player I've ever seen, he's not got the faintest chance of making it here, I'll bet £50 to the Caf on it.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
How can you be schooled in a DM role when you refuse to do any defending?

Prodigal7

I guess thats what they mean about the new Pogba
Spot on. Baffles me how Pogba has built himself a reputation of being a world class midfielder when he’s never performed to that level individually. He had Pirlo etc to help him at Juve and Kante to carry his workload for France. If you take out the top level workhorses that cover up all his weaknesses you can see that he is seriously lacking as an overall midfielder. Seems to have built himself up based entirely on YouTube and Instagram reels.

Ekeke

Spot on. Baffles me how Pogba has built himself a reputation of being a world class midfielder when he’s never performed to that level individually. He had Pirlo etc to help him at Juve and Kante to carry his workload for France. If you take out the top level workhorses that cover up all his weaknesses you can see that he is seriously lacking as an overall midfielder. Seems to have built himself up based entirely on YouTube and Instagram reels.
I do think he did it for France. Did a great job against Banega for example for France Vs. Argentina and came out on top. But that tournament was the only time I've seen him and thought that he looks like he knows and wants to do the defensive responsibilities of the holding midfield role. He won all his headers, won the ball and didnt let Banega have much space. Not something I can ever say about him in a United shirt. He's played well a bunch of times but its always been with on the ball contributions

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
I hope you are not attempting to suggest pirlo ever carried any defensive work load for pogba.....let alone anyone else

kundalini

Aliou Traore currently has 599 mins in Ligue 2 (according to Transfermarkt, FBref say 609 mins). 5 starts and 13 sub appearances. 0 goals and 0 assists. His starts have come as an AM, RM and RW. He started against PSG in the Coupe de France.

He turned 20 in early Jan.

I think he is out of contract in the summer. A permanent move to a Ligue 2 team would seem the most likely outcome.

Last edited: